• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,009 posts in this topic

Well my show has already been a success. Met Dr. X, Bomber-Bob and Rick Starr, and picked up two lovely pre-heros including a nemesis book. Not much money left, but that's ok!

Sweet! What was the nemesis comic? :popcorn:

TOS #18 7.5, with a TTA #31 7.5 white thrown in for flavor. :cloud9: Pics in a few days when I get home to a real computer.

Well my show has already been a success. Met Dr. X, Bomber-Bob and Rick Starr, and picked up two lovely pre-heros including a nemesis book. Not much money left, but that's ok!

TOS #18 7.5, with a TTA #31 7.5 white thrown in for flavor. :cloud9: Pics in a few days when I get home to a real computer.

That's worth giving up the Spidey search for... :baiting:

CONGRATS Art! Can't wait to see the scans! :applause:

OOTW?SSS?

Just one SSS also. :cry: What da hell is OOTW? :popcorn:

My guess is Out of This World, published by charlton?

http://furycomics.com/viewer/6/Out_Of_This_World/Out_Of_This_World_001/?i=1&m=S6

Almost...i misremembered that it was Avon,not Atlas...

Those sound like fantastic pick-ups, Art! Congratulations! :headbang:

Can't wait to see them :popcorn:

At long last I'm home and was able to make a few scans.

This book was my first purchase literally 50 feet inside the door and 5 minutes into the con. It's been a tough one for me, and I realized that I'd had a watch on this very book on eBay for quite a while. Torpedo Comics cut me a solid deal and I was a happy man.

TOS18CGC.jpg

This TTA #31 came from Dale Roberts' booth, and this also didn't take me long to find or pull the trigger on. The assists go to Dr. X and Bomber-Bob for pointing it out to me as well as extoling its many virtues until I took the plunge. My only real reluctance came from the fact that these two books ate up 80% of my budget and it was gone in the first half hour or so of the con! But that's the way it goes sometimes, and you can't pass up quality pre-hero when you find them.

TTA31CGC.jpg

Most of the remaining crumbs of my budget went to this book. I'm not working on MT too heavily yet, but having picked up a #93 earlier this summer it was nice to add another early issue with really nice eye appeal and color.

MT97.jpg

And that's my WW Chicago pre-hero extravaganza!

At long last I'm home and was able to make a few scans.

This book was my first purchase literally 50 feet inside the door and 5 minutes into the con. It's been a tough one for me, and I realized that I'd had a watch on this very book on eBay for quite a while. Torpedo Comics cut me a solid deal and I was a happy man.

TOS18CGC.jpg

This TTA #31 came from Dale Roberts' booth, and this also didn't take me long to find or pull the trigger on. The assists go to Dr. X and Bomber-Bob for pointing it out to me as well as extoling its many virtues until I took the plunge. My only real reluctance came from the fact that these two books ate up 80% of my budget and it was gone in the first half hour or so of the con! But that's the way it goes sometimes, and you can't pass up quality pre-hero when you find them.

TTA31CGC.jpg

And that's my WW Chicago pre-hero extravaganza!

A couple of outstanding PH pick-ups Art! Happy for you! :applause::headbang:

This TTA #31 came from Dale Roberts' booth, and this also didn't take me long to find or pull the trigger on. The assists go to Dr. X and Bomber-Bob for pointing it out to me as well as extoling its many virtues until I took the plunge. My only real reluctance came from the fact that these two books ate up 80% of my budget and it was gone in the first half hour or so of the con!

But it's irrelevant if you spent it five minutes into the con, or five minutes before it closes. You got a couple of killer books that your really happy to have in your collection now.

Stuff like that happens to all of us once in a bit. A few years ago at C2E2 I spent every dollar I had on me ten minutes into the con for one book, but I went home with something I wanted, and it wasn't a high school picture of Greggy. :facepalm:

Thanks guys!

This TTA #31 came from Dale Roberts' booth, and this also didn't take me long to find or pull the trigger on. The assists go to Dr. X and Bomber-Bob for pointing it out to me as well as extoling its many virtues until I took the plunge. My only real reluctance came from the fact that these two books ate up 80% of my budget and it was gone in the first half hour or so of the con!

But it's irrelevant if you spent it five minutes into the con, or five minutes before it closes. You got a couple of killer books that your really happy to have in your collection now.

You're absolutely right about that, you need to buy these kinds of books when you see them. They just aren't that common.