• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

He's Kyle Rayner. Maybe he's a graphic artist for the Daily Planet. There's possibly some reason he's using a power ring to enhance or embelish his legs in some way.

I'd like this to be Kyle Rayner.

'The Flash' WILL Be In BATMAN V SUPERMAN, But Don't Expect A 'Green Lantern' Cameo

-----------------

Set photos of Scoot McNairy wearing some green socks for unknown CGI related reasons have led many to speculate that he's The Flash in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justcie. Well, a new report confirms that the Scarlet Speedster is in the movie, but Green Lantern won't appear until Justice League!

-----------------

But then this information came out. Though that doesn't mean it is correct.

Ok someone riddle me this. It's been pretty much confirmed that Batman will be 45 in the movie, so as far as age, theyre not far off from the Frank Miller story, but this is where I'm confused. Batman and Superman are supposed to meet for the first time, kick the hell out of each other, and THEN form the Justice League? It would make more sense if they had a history and this is somewhat AFTER the Justice League where they come back together with the some animosity they've each harbored for the other.

Regardless, they can't have either win for fear of upsetting the other's fanbase so I'm very curious as to how a 45 year old Batman will not only handle himself but then we will have a Justice League where seemingly every other character will be in or near their prime, lead by a much older Batman? That doesnt add up to me.

Every character is young, they're even going with Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, so depicting Batman in his mid-40's is a little confusing.

Thoughts?

one of the things I noticed at the WW comic con yesterday was the number of people wearing Batman or Superman shirts. While Marvel may be dominating the box office, the more iconic characters appear to be DCs big two.

I'm not saying they are better etc, just stating how iconic those characters are in terms of comics etc. It could also be a case of DC having "cool t-shirts" while Marvels are lame

For the record, I was wearing a Superman t-shirt yesterday.

New BATMAN V SUPERMAN Plot Details Reveal Why The Action Heads To Washington D.C.

------------------

Batman-News have got their hands on some photos from the set of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice which reveal that parts of the movie will take place in Washington D.C. (you can see those by clicking the link below) To put the photos into context somewhat, the site also have some details about what they describe as a "major action scene" which was shot in studio last month in Detroit. Apparently, this part of the movie will see Superman visiting the United States Capitol building in Washington D.C. to answer for his role in the destruction of Metropolis in 2013's Man of Steel.

------------------

one of the things I noticed at the WW comic con yesterday was the number of people wearing Batman or Superman shirts. While Marvel may be dominating the box office, the more iconic characters appear to be DCs big two.

I'm not saying they are better etc, just stating how iconic those characters are in terms of comics etc. It could also be a case of DC having "cool t-shirts" while Marvels are lame

I think the iconic symbols that make for a good t-shirt generally belong to DC.

Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash are all generally universally recognized and easy to print as logos on your average other wise plain t-shirt.

Does Marvel have ANY recognizeable symbols that look cool in the middle logo part of a tshirt? Maybe Cap's shield? Maybe the FF's '4'?

I think it has more to do with aesthetics and the original costume designs more than it does actual popularity, BUT of course the fact that the merchandise is more marketable might lead to more popularity too, so its not mutually exclusive.

I think the iconic symbols that make for a good t-shirt generally belong to DC.

Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash are all generally universally recognized and easy to print as logos on your average other wise plain t-shirt.

Does Marvel have ANY recognizeable symbols that look cool in the middle logo part of a tshirt? Maybe Cap's shield? Maybe the FF's '4'?

I think it has more to do with aesthetics and the original costume designs more than it does actual popularity, BUT of course the fact that the merchandise is more marketable might lead to more popularity too, so its not mutually exclusive.

Venoms Spider and Punishers Skull are the big ones I can think of.

He's Kyle Rayner. Maybe he's a graphic artist for the Daily Planet. There's possibly some reason he's using a power ring to enhance or embelish his legs in some way.

I'd like this to be Kyle Rayner.

'The Flash' WILL Be In BATMAN V SUPERMAN, But Don't Expect A 'Green Lantern' Cameo

-----------------

Set photos of Scoot McNairy wearing some green socks for unknown CGI related reasons have led many to speculate that he's The Flash in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justcie. Well, a new report confirms that the Scarlet Speedster is in the movie, but Green Lantern won't appear until Justice League!

-----------------

But then this information came out. Though that doesn't mean it is correct.

That's interesting. Not sure what to make of his greenscreen attire now.

The other thing to consider (not necessarily about McNairy or the green socks) is that things being filmed could be for Dawn of Justice OR Justice League. They are being filmed back to back...but it would make sense for them to film on location whatever they can. Sources did confirm that the ending of the movie had already been filmed.

Ok someone riddle me this. It's been pretty much confirmed that Batman will be 45 in the movie, so as far as age, theyre not far off from the Frank Miller story, but this is where I'm confused. Batman and Superman are supposed to meet for the first time, kick the hell out of each other, and THEN form the Justice League? It would make more sense if they had a history and this is somewhat AFTER the Justice League where they come back together with the some animosity they've each harbored for the other.

Regardless, they can't have either win for fear of upsetting the other's fanbase so I'm very curious as to how a 45 year old Batman will not only handle himself but then we will have a Justice League where seemingly every other character will be in or near their prime, lead by a much older Batman? That doesnt add up to me.

Every character is young, they're even going with Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, so depicting Batman in his mid-40's is a little confusing.

Thoughts?

Yes, it would make more sense to have Bats and Supes with the relationship they developed in the comics before they fight off Frank Miller style.

Apparently WB has been on track to do a BvS movie since before "I am Legend" and the easter egg contained there. They probably didn't have a total gameplan for it until Snyder kicked off MOS, and of course things developed rather quickly after that.

Obviously it's a different take with Bats being older and Supes being younger and not having ever met....BUT I think given the circumstances of the new DCCU...it's not a bad way to introduce the characters.

As far as Bats being older, he did typically take a back seat role with the Justice League in the comics....he was more an 'idea' and 'planning' guy....orchestrating what the league did and how they did it. So I can believe an older, seasoned Batman would assume the same role....

That's not to say he wouldn't be physically capable at the age he's at anyway. After all, he's purportedly the apex of human development...having trained for years in all manners of martial arts and disciplines. So mid 40's isn't 'over the hill' and out to pasture. Even in the Batman Beyond animated storyline....he's in around 85 years old. That means he was fighting with augmented powersuits well into his 60's and possibly even later.

New Details On A BATMAN V SUPERMAN Scene Featuring Ben Affleck's 'Bruce Wayne'

---------------------

For this movie though, a large kitchen in the building was transformed into what the site describes as, "an underground MMA fighting arena and bar" similar to the one from Fight Club. People are there betting on the outcome of the fights and Bruce Wayne apparently joins them! When asked what he's doing there, he apparently replies, "I'm kind of a night person," and has a conversation with someone at the bar. It's hard to imagine this just being a random moment thrown in to show us what the vigilante gets up to in his downtime, so it should be very interesting to see how the location factors into Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice!

---------------------

Note once more that he's clean as a proverbial whistle. There's not one speck of dust, dirt, debris or even any indication that the clothes have been damaged. Very odd. That's not the way someone looks if their legs were crushed by something....

If they're trying to hint that he's Metallo, why would there be symmetrical exposure of both mechanical legs if there were or even if there weren't damage to expose them?

It'd be REALLY strange to come out swinging against Superman with two completely robotic legs evenly showcased from the knees down.

If you remember your Terminator films, they demonstrated progressive insults to the organic tissue overlying the metallic skeletal structure. It wasn't like Arnold got hit and whammo....two metal legs pop out. It was a gradual transition from human form to the full inhuman form.

So I may have to call shenanigans on the Metallo angle.....UNLESS he's demonstrating how well his 'new' limbs work under the guise that they're assistive devices granted by either Star Labs or Luthor Corp.

CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 Co-Director Says BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Will Do Very Well

-----------------------

Joe Russo also said: "To be honest, in this marketplace where it's been proven now that you can release anywhere from January to December and do really well, it didn't matter who moved, I think people are realizing that releasing at a time where you can get a couple of weekends – and I think Cap 2 proved this – where you don't have to worry about competition is the absolute smartest thing you can do. We're still number one domestically. When you look at Guardians of the Galaxy, it's similar in that it was released at a time of year where it didn't have to go up against X-Men or Godzilla or Transformers. And it's had a very healthy run and now it will end up as the top domestic movie. So I think it was smart. I think they took a smart date and I think they're going to do very well there."

-----------------------

Like that Forbes article had pointed out a few months back, both these movies are going to do very well for themselves. Someone just needed to take the wise path, and move to a different date. Now, it will be more about other movies popping up throughout that year, attempting to capture some of the box office for those weeks. It would appear later in the year is where threats start to raise their head.

• March 25, 2016 – Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
  • May 6, 2016 – Captain America 3
  • May 27, 2016 – X-Men: Apocalypse
  • July 8, 2016 – Doctor Strange (Unannounced)
  • August 5, 2016 – Unannounced DC Movie
  • November 11, 2016 – Sinister Six

Does WB Have A "No Jokes" Policy With Their DC Comic Book Movies? Last week was about the fifth time I've heard that there is a mandate at Warner Bros. regarding any of the DC superhero films in development, and it's very simple and direct and to the point."No jokes." - Drew McWeenyUpdate: Seth Rogen Comments On WB/DC's Supposed "No Jokes" Policy

@slashfilm @russfischer this is wildly_fanciful_statement.

— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) August 27, 2014