• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

Yeah. 9.8 ss will be available in a presale shortly on the boards.

When's that thread going up Jimmy? I'm gona try to get a couple raw books, but SS 9.8 is way better.

Okay, I know this is the modern board, and they would be copper, but since it's bene mentioned, why do the Action reprints go for so much money? Here's a 1988 reprint at $43 and 24 bids with a day left:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACTION-COMICS-1-1st-appearance-of-SUPERMAN-Low-start-No-reserve-NICE-COPY-/301279623407?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4625aa38ef

And another at $51 with 2 days left:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Action-Comics-1-1938-1988-Reprint-High-Grade-Look-/181495076081?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a41f314f1

Piggy backing on the ebay auction of the real thing.

No, this book has been selling in the $30-50 range for a quite some time. I've sold a couple last year for $40+

Kind of crazy actually. I remember about 8-10 years ago I helped a dealer set-up at one of the NYC cons and the promoters had stacks of these on the swag table to be given away. I took a pile, and still there were stacks remaining...

Anyone seen this? Amazing Spider-man 1.4 Stan Lee Collectible variant available only at Fan Expo. Sports a J. Scott Campbell cover!!!!

Fan Expo Variant

Wow. That cover looks awesome.

Peeps on Ebay already charging a $50 average on the book.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Amazing+Spider-man+%231.4&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Amazing+Spider-man+%231.4+J+Scott+Campbell&_sacat=0

Anyone seen this? Amazing Spider-man 1.4 Stan Lee Collectible variant available only at Fan Expo. Sports a J. Scott Campbell cover!!!!

Fan Expo Variant

Wow. That cover looks awesome.

Peeps on Ebay already charging a $50 average on the book.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Amazing+Spider-man+%231.4&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Amazing+Spider-man+%231.4+J+Scott+Campbell&_sacat=0

Link doesn't work, but yes they are if you search for it.

Fan Expo Variant

Any Canadian boardies attending Fan Expo? I'd love to pick up a couple of those if one of my Canadian board buddies would be so kind. :foryou:

I promise I won't use the word hell. lol

I'm going on Friday. Gonna get there really early so we get in the doors fast. Only problem is I'm with the family and they don't move as fast as me for books, so I'll do my best, but no promises...

Hahahaha!! Love it! My wife says that I get into this "zone" when I'm at a convention. hahaha.

Except for the maple leaf lol

:jokealert:

Hey, maple leafs and boobs go together like pucks and ice, or Mounties and horses, or syrup and pancakes.

Come on up! I can show you all of the above!!!

I must be the least Canadian Canadian. Hate hockey, hate winter, not fond of REAL maple syrup (give me Aunt Jamima any day!)

Hey, maple leafs and boobs go together like pucks and ice, or Mounties and horses, or syrup and pancakes.

I must be the least Canadian Canadian. Hate hockey, hate winter, not fond of REAL maple syrup (give me Aunt Jamima any day!)

what about poutine and ketchup chips?

Poutine's pretty awesome. Ketchup chips are up there in the favourite chips ranks. Is ketchup chips Canadian??? I thought that was fairly universal (or at least, in North America).

Poutine's pretty awesome. Ketchup chips are up there in the favourite chips ranks. Is ketchup chips Canadian??? I thought that was fairly universal (or at least, in North America).

I can't speak for Mexico, but in America, generally no ketchup chips. I don't just mean its not popular, I mean they dont' sell them at stores and most people have never heard of them. There maybe some regional pockets that eat them near the border I guess? But I think generally not a thing.

I can't speak for Mexico, but in America, generally no ketchup chips. I don't just mean its not popular, I mean they dont' sell them at stores and most people have never heard of them. There maybe some regional pockets that eat them near the border I guess? But I think generally not a thing.

Never heard of a ketchup chip until now. Mustard and chips, yep. lol

Oh, don't get me wrong, I hate the cold. And I can't rally skate. But theres more to it than that my friend. (thumbs u

Piggy backing on the ebay auction of the real thing.

No, this book has been selling in the $30-50 range for a quite some time. I've sold a couple last year for $40+

Kind of crazy actually. I remember about 8-10 years ago I helped a dealer set-up at one of the NYC cons and the promoters had stacks of these on the swag table to be given away. I took a pile, and still there were stacks remaining...

Ive sold countless of 88, nestle & safeguard reprints of AC1 for at least $20 a pop, got 70+ at least on a couple occasions. Reprints of Action, AF15 etc will always flip quick, which is exactly the reason why I stocked up on at least 20 copies of tec27 75th anniversary editions.. They're going for pennies now, but in a few years from now they will be an easy 10-15$ flip if not more

Edited by Aweandlorder