• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

Long time listener, first time caller.

I know this is not a "buyers" forum, but as this is specifically Walking Dead related, I wanted to see if anyone on the boards may be able to track a couple rare-ish books down, or may have them for sale?

I am looking for the Wizard World Ohio Mike Zeck sketch Walking Dead 1 issue, as well as the Wizard World Portland Walking Dead 1 2nd print books.

I am a long time Walking Dead collector and huge zombie fan, and I am trying to collect every issue of Walking Dead, so please...if you have them, I am interested, please PM me.

Long time listener, first time caller.

I know this is not a "buyers" forum, but as this is specifically Walking Dead related, I wanted to see if anyone on the boards may be able to track a couple rare-ish books down, or may have them for sale?

I am looking for the Wizard World Ohio Mike Zeck sketch Walking Dead 1 issue, as well as the Wizard World Portland Walking Dead 1 2nd print books.

I am a long time Walking Dead collector and huge zombie fan, and I am trying to collect every issue of Walking Dead, so please...if you have them, I am interested, please PM me.

Welcome....... (thumbs u

Its a trip putting together a full run.......

I followed the forum for a long time, and just lost touch with it for a while. I've continued collecting, and have a huge WD collection, just looking for some of the books ive missed.

I posted a banner a while back, but had a hard time getting good images of my slabbed books for the image, and I included an image of a slabbed book from another grading company, and received a fair amount of grief over it, so I stopped following the forum for a while.

In any case, I am back and would love to gloat about share my collection with the board!

I followed the forum for a long time, and just lost touch with it for a while. I've continued collecting, and have a huge WD collection, just looking for some of the books ive missed.

I posted a banner a while back, but had a hard time getting good images of my slabbed books for the image, and I included an image of a slabbed book from another grading company, and received a fair amount of grief over it, so I stopped following the forum for a while.

In any case, I am back and would love to gloat about share my collection with the board!

:gossip: The trick to a happy forum life is only visit comic general when you want to feel dirty and never,never post anything...only read.

As it happens, I have two awesome pieces, both Adlard. I would love to own a Tony Moore piece one day.

I will share soon!

Also, I am in Salt Lake City and heading to the Con. Anyone else heading to the SLC Comic-Con? (Don't sue me San Diego).

Check out this article:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/21/steve-geppi-outbid-on-action-comics-1-9-0-at-1-6-million-on-ebay/

"There was a time when Steve Geppi looked like he might be made bankrupt.

But that was before The Walking Dead became the monster hit it did. When the comics distributor he owned, Diamond Comic Distributors and Diamond Book Distributors found itself the exclusive print distributor for both the comic shops and bookstores – and for Amazon.

And before long, one in every two books from Diamond Book Distributors was The Walking Dead. Diamond were rescued from potential insolvency and Geppi survived the threat of being made bankrupt. And prospered."

I can't exactly fact-check what it's claiming (at the moment), but wow if it's true!