• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

nice is it me or does the blue look a little and i mine a little lighter blue then the color blue he had in MOS.

That's what quite a few of the commentors on that article and the previous pictures have said. The uniform is a brighter blue, along with the 'S' symbol colors.

nice is it me or does the blue look a little and i mine a little lighter blue then the color blue he had in MOS.

That's what quite a few of the commentors on that article and the previous pictures have said. The uniform is a brighter blue, along with the 'S' symbol colors.

Maybe to provide more of a visual contrast with the austere grays and blacks of Batman's uniform.

Michael Keaton was cool before being Batman was cool.

It's Wayne, Bruce Wayne; Pierce Brosnan Talks Turning Down BATMAN

-------------------

"I went and met with Tim Burton for the role of Batman. But I just couldn't really take it seriously, any man who wears his underpants outside his pants just cannot be taken seriously. That was my foolish take on it. It was a joke, I thought. But how wrong was I?"

-------------------

I dont recall any other movies receiving THIS much hype. I mean we're still like 2 years out, YEARS. Daily we are examining the rumors, set photos, leaks, etc. I think this is very dangerous for DC. With this much hype this early, they're going to have to absolutely obliterate the box office, like multiple weeks as the #1 movie and I frankly don't see it. I want this to be an epic movie, I would love nothing more than to be wrong, and If I am wrong in the end, I'll be on here saying how wrong I was but the casting has put this movie into quicksand. Cavill can't carry the movie alone, the jury is out on Affleck, Eisenberg will have to show some acting that he hasnt yet, Gal Gadot....well she's beyond hope, and the story and general cinematic pacing will have to be pretty darn good too.

Bottom line theres too many poor decisions and unknowns for me to be optimistic. Snyder can pull it off, but they really handcuffed him with regards to surrounding him with talent.

Meanwhile Marvel can't mess up if they wanted to, they put arguably the biggest Name for Guardians (Bradley Cooper) as a voice only actor, throw in a former wrestler and a relatively unproven actor in Pratt, throw in a litte Green Zoe Saldana, boom, cinematic Gold.

Meanwhile Marvel can't mess up if they wanted to, they put arguably the biggest Name for Guardians (Bradley Cooper) as a voice only actor, throw in a former wrestler and a relatively unproven actor in Pratt, throw in a litte Green Zoe Saldana, boom, cinematic Gold.

Even since The Avengers, Marvel has been on a steady, successful roll. Prior to that, Iron Man was its big success to kick everything off. Then 'The Incredible Hulk' came out a month later and it did horrible (1.8X budget). Then 'Captain America: The First Avenger' came out and it just squeezed past the magic financial number it needed to hit (2.6X budget). Thor was really the next big hit at 3X budget, which is well past the 2.5X mark.

Now we will have to see how Ant-Man turns out. That whole mixup over creative difference set them back some. I do hope that becomes another hit.

But no. Not everything Marvel Studios has done has been instant gold.

i like what WB/DC are doing with their casting get some know actors/ actress and some unknown actors/ actress. it could help the unknown become known look at Henry Cavill he was known very little and now a lot more people know about him. it's the same with Chris Hemsworth a lot of people didn't even know he played kurt's dad in Star Trek movie, now everybody know him we see him in more films some good some bad.

...also who was Margot Kidder and Christopher Reeve before Superman (I mean Marlon Brando was in it for five minutes and got top billing lol ).

Michael Keaton was Mr. Mom and Beetlejuice, but not a "superhero".

These "unproven" stars did just fine in big-budget spectacles. Now I'm not saying Zach Snyder is Donner or Tim Burton. But, he a workhorse in the funnybook movie genre. (thumbs u

I always wonder where Brosnan would have been in Hollywood if Roger Moore stepped down from Bond after Moonraker and let Brosnan do "For Your Eyes Only". I can't feel nothing but sorry for him watching him wasting his prime doing Remington Steele (reruns on MeTV-Sundays 3pm Eastern) waiting for the role to open up before The Living Daylights (which the producers of Remington Steele denied him time to film along with). To me, his career feels damned from 1981-1995. :( (sans Mrs. Doubtfire :) ).

so i think these make it official about Kryptonite?

LEAKED Batman v Superman Newspaper Reveals....

batman1.jpg

Here's a quick quote about the contents of the leaked article from ThePropStop:

"It is an article on the city of Metropolis by Lois lane, and references an event in the city. The article across the page is also about Metropolis."

The article indicates that research was being done on the soil to "determine whether Metropolis' natural clay foundations-the foundation first settles upon by Swedish settlers in the 1700s- was still in edvidence", and during the research, a scientist named 'Allison Isenberg' , "...found a suprise".

The next paragraph indicates that the material has an extremely high toxicity level.

"and the results showed a toxicity level closer to that of a...""Well... let's just say you wouldn't want children to play there."

Scoot McNairy Hints That BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Role Is Long-Term

--------------------

In a recent interview with Schmoes Know, they told the Argo star that they very much hope to see him as a member of the Justcue League in Zack Snyder's movie. His response? "Yeah well…I hope to be a part of the DC Universe for a while as well." That's an interesting reply, and it could be seen in some way as confirmation that he will indeed be suiting up as the Scarlet Speedster.

--------------------

:wishluck:

So with all the speculation about Scoot McNairy's character I've got a couple of thoughts...or rather questions:

We've seen him with the up to knee green screen leggings.......

But the remainder of him looks rather intact. If we're to believe he is Metallo...and that region of his body is indeed some sort of cyborg legs possibly exposed during some building collapse or whatever...why isn't the rest of him disheveled...dirty.....etc. Why aren't his clothes torn elsewhere?

There isn't a speck of dust or debris anywhere on his rather clean and pressed half-pants and white button down shirt.

I'd hardly believe he was a cyborg just walking around and the only thing chosen to expose deliberately was a pair of artificial legs.

That is unless he's the recipient of some new sort of bionic legs to replace some prior damage....and he's out showcasing it....like some sort of handicap advertisement for technology Luthor possibly develops as a humanitarian gesture.

There definitely is some sort of disconnect here. Something we're not glimpsing yet. I could totally believe he's Metallo already, and something came crashing down on his legs...only to expose his metallic parts. But if I go with that, I can't help but ask myself the questions above....most pertinently: why is is so CLEAN and tidy? He's not in some tore up outfit. It's like he's at work around the water cooler with half of his legs being totally bizarre. EVEN if you had some sort of artificial legs that everyone knew about....and you were walking around...you'd probably have conventional pants that disguised them....just like alot of folks with artificial limbs. You wouldn't make them apparent or draw attention to them unecessarily.

Of course there was speculation about him being the Flash. I could buy that as well....except there's another valid possibility:

He's Kyle Rayner. Maybe he's a graphic artist for the Daily Planet. There's possibly some reason he's using a power ring to enhance or embelish his legs in some way.