• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a winner. The Rotten Tomatoes reviews were off.

856 posts in this topic

I posted this in the other thread, but figure it can be said here as well. I really have no idea what Sony is planning on doing with this franchise or if they even plan on "fixing" it.

The movie did great overseas and pretty well here as well, in terms of $$$$$. However, its domestic numbers were less than ASM 1, and it does seem that there is a good amount of Spider-Man fatigue going on. If Sony wants to eliminate this, it can use the Sinister Six movie to introduce the fact that Spidey is MIA. Because of this, all the villains are running roughshod all over Sony's Marvel Universe. They do villiany things and somehow this makes up 1.5-2 hours.

Then, they introduce Silver Sable as a mercenary being hired to take down the Sinister Six because Spider-Man is MIA. - or - introduce Black Cat doing her thing while Spidey is away but secretly wondering where he is because she's crushing on him.

Following the female-led movie, Venom Carnage is released and Spider-Man appears at the end, which sets up for ASM 3.

It's just a thought and probably not a good one, but it helps me make a little sense of what Sony is trying to do.

Yeah...SONY on a bicycle:

ASM2

now out on DVD and Blu-Ray for those that missed it the first time.

:banana:

0004339643958_500X500.jpg

:whistle:

They giving these out for free, and paying people to watch it?

:baiting:

:gossip:

The last time I looked it was number one best seller on Amazon and Wal-Mart.

:kidaround:

You know, I watched the first 40 minutes and it's not as awful as my expectations or Spider-Man 3. My 2c

Saving the rest for Saturday. Pats game is on tomorrow night.

It's not a good sign when you're watching the female lead and going 'hurry up and DIE already!'

And take Parker with you.

Yep. Still havent seen it but it seems like it is good. But people loved batman too and I hated it so...

Are you saying ASM was good?

Yep. Still havent seen it but it seems like it is good. But people loved batman too and I hated it so...

Are you saying ASM was good?

I don't think ASM was absolutely terrible. I will admit there were a lot of things they could have/should have done differently. The glaring weakness, to me, was having the GG, Electro, and the Rhino (for no reason) in the same movie. Should've just stuck with Electro and built up Peter and Harry's friendship in this one. Would've let them keep Gwen around until ASM 3 too.

Yeah it wasn't awful. I really hated who they cast for Peter though-a Twilight hair goofus....

It's not a good sign when you're watching the female lead and going 'hurry up and DIE already!'

And take Parker with you.

You realize Gwen was one of the better things in the film, right?

It also bugs me when people make negative comments about something they've never seen or read.