• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

Uber is brilliant but I am reading in trades and Avatar have a mess habit of releasing the first arc of their books as a nice HC and then switching to TPBs..

Agreed... except for maybe Crossed, I think all of those get the HC treatment. I imagine it has to have something to do with the popularity of the title of course.

I don't know, but it bugs me too. Even worse, try finding a decently priced copy of something like the aforementioned Crossed Vol. 1 in HC... I used to see it at $75 pretty often, though granted I haven't looked in a bit.

I think Gillen needs some more editorial interference though, his arcs seem to be meandering right now. At least in my opinion.

I agree a bit, Gillen has a vast story to tell with litterly many fronts of the war to cover that he gives us small chunks of one character in the Pacific war, then back to the East front for a few issues and then back to what is going on in Britian. Its keeping me captivated for sure and I know Gillen will tie it all together but I wonder if Avatar will best be served having some Uber miniseries running in parallel to support the main title. I'm sure Gillen could keep 3 different artists busy with what he has planned.

But good to hear that interest in #0 might be coming back... this is still the best read every month for my money. Issue 17 will be out soon so I urge people to catch up, it has an intense and surprise filled ride thus far. (thumbs u

Definitely not my favorite read every month, but it has never fallen off of my pull and I've been there since #0. I do enjoy it... but it is just a far better read as a trade in my opinion. That doesn't always translate into good monthly numbers.

Anyone seen this? Amazing Spider-man 1.4 Stan Lee Collectible variant available only at Fan Expo. Sports a J. Scott Campbell cover!!!!

Fan Expo Variant

Any Canadian boardies attending Fan Expo? I'd love to pick up a couple of those if one of my Canadian board buddies would be so kind. :foryou:

I promise I won't use the word hell. lol

Anyone seen this? Amazing Spider-man 1.4 Stan Lee Collectible variant available only at Fan Expo. Sports a J. Scott Campbell cover!!!!

Fan Expo Variant

Any Canadian boardies attending Fan Expo? I'd love to pick up a couple of those if one of my Canadian board buddies would be so kind. :foryou:

I'm going on Friday. Gonna get there really early so we get in the doors fast. Only problem is I'm with the family and they don't move as fast as me for books, so I'll do my best, but no promises...

Fan Expo Variant

I'm going on Friday. Gonna get there really early so we get in the doors fast. Only problem is I'm with the family and they don't move as fast as me for books, so I'll do my best, but no promises...

They can catch up to you. :whee:lol

Thanks for the offer. Do what you can and let me know. (thumbs u

Fan Expo Variant

Good enough for me... :takeit:

Except for the maple leaf lol

:jokealert:

Hey, maple leafs and boobs go together like pucks and ice, or Mounties and horses, or syrup and pancakes.

Come on up! I can show you all of the above!!!

Yeah. 9.8 ss will be available in a presale shortly on the boards.

When's that thread going up Jimmy? I'm gona try to get a couple raw books, but SS 9.8 is way better.