• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

I know "buyers remorse" policy hasn't kicked in, however I had a weird one this week

sold this lot

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/121399395488?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

buyer paid then asked to cancel the order on the same day

here is the set of messages

Dear jsilverjanet, (me)

Please cancel order.

- yankeeskd46 (buyer)

Dear yankeeskd46,

Can I ask why?

- jsilverjanet

Dear jsilverjanet,

Ordered in error. Will still give you positive feedback.

- yankeeskd46

Dear jsilverjanet,

Let me know what's going on.

- yankeeskd46

Dear yankeeskd46,

I'm a little confused, why did you bid on the item the day it ended if you did not want it. furthermore why did you pay for the item if you did not want it?

- jsilverjanet

Dear jsilverjanet,

Are you canceling it or not? If not, then ship it and I'll return it.

Figure it out as it's been 3 days now.

-Kyle

I've going to refund them but thought you would want to know of a buyer who does this now before the policy is even in place.

I know "buyers remorse" policy hasn't kicked in, however I had a weird one this week

sold this lot

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/121399395488?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

buyer paid then asked to cancel the order on the same day

here is the set of messages

Dear jsilverjanet, (me)

Please cancel order.

- yankeeskd46 (buyer)

Dear yankeeskd46,

Can I ask why?

- jsilverjanet

Dear jsilverjanet,

Ordered in error. Will still give you positive feedback.

- yankeeskd46

Dear jsilverjanet,

Let me know what's going on.

- yankeeskd46

Dear yankeeskd46,

I'm a little confused, why did you bid on the item the day it ended if you did not want it. furthermore why did you pay for the item if you did not want it?

- jsilverjanet

Dear jsilverjanet,

Are you canceling it or not? If not, then ship it and I'll return it.

Figure it out as it's been 3 days now.

-Kyle

I've going to refund them but thought you would want to know of a buyer who does this now before the policy is even in place.

some buyers have their accounts set up to pay for the immediately. Maybe they didn't remember bidding or thught the bid would lose and then got the YOU WON message and said screw it.

who knows-- it has happened to me several times and I just refund and hope they are nice enough to finish the cancelled order part. Had a guy buy a kitchen sink (no joke) from me that was for LOCAL pickup only- -- but they live in WV and I'm in AZ. So I write them about the mistake and they say, oh-- that won't work. I refund them and put in the cancel order part and they have left it twisting in the wind for almost two weeks now. It sucks. Nothing I can do about it -- figures with their miniscule FB rating of 2 (TWO)

Wow, quite a long period with no new nominees. That can't possibly last much longer, so I may as well be the one to end the quiet period. Here's my nominee: bossanova1979

Get this somewhat unclear complaint on July 9:

Hi yea the top corner of the comic folded. Its not NM. I don't if it was the shipping and the post office mess up. but its definitely not in the condition of NM.

Don't think it was my mistake, maybe USPS damaged it as the buyer is sort of saying? Front and back scans in the auction show no damage or top corner folds. Don't know, doesn't matter, I will give a refund for any purchase where the buyer is unhappy. I replied same day:

I offer refunds for any purchase, just return the comic to the address on the label and I'll refund.

Seller responds same day:

Thank you will send it out this week.

Almost four weeks go by but the book is not returned.

Finally in August I get excuses about being in the hospital, can't find my address, then buyer closes the case and leaves a neg.

Blocked!

Wow, quite a long period with no new nominees. That can't possibly last much longer, so I may as well be the one to end the quiet period. Here's my nominee: bossanova1979

Get this somewhat unclear complaint on July 9:

Hi yea the top corner of the comic folded. Its not NM. I don't if it was the shipping and the post office mess up. but its definitely not in the condition of NM.

Don't think it was my mistake, maybe USPS damaged it as the buyer is sort of saying? Front and back scans in the auction show no damage or top corner folds. Don't know, doesn't matter, I will give a refund for any purchase where the buyer is unhappy. I replied same day:

I offer refunds for any purchase, just return the comic to the address on the label and I'll refund.

Seller responds same day:

Thank you will send it out this week.

Almost four weeks go by but the book is not returned.

Finally in August I get excuses about being in the hospital, can't find my address, then buyer closes the case and leaves a neg.

Blocked!

Wow! Did you ask eBay to remove the negative and explain why?

calcifer2610 is a real tool

He put an offer in on a relatively high dollar item. I countered and he said he'd need until Friday to pay. I said that was fine and he purchased the item. On Friday, he emails me and says that since another has popped up for $100 less than the agreed price, he can't pay above that amount.

Against my better judgement, I tell him that if he cancels the ebay transaction to save fees, I'll pass that back to him by knocking the 100 off his bill. Two days later I haven't heard back, so I email again and he says curtly that he isn't going to pay and I need to cancel the deal.

I put through an 'item not paid' request and tell him to accept to cancel the deal. He can't be bothered and I have to wait days before closing it on my own to get the fee credited.

I've noticed his feedback is down to 91.7% so he must be a poor seller as well.

Add him to your blocked bidder lists and generally avoid all around.

How do I find what a buyer is currently bidding on and what he's won recently?

I tried to search "by buyer" in the Advanced Search but all it's showing me is his feedback, his collections, his followers....everything except his bidding history - including the item he just won from me.

I have a potential problem bidder so that's why I'm asking.

So here's my first post. Unfortunately under less than favorable conditions. I recently sold a Marvel Family Comics 1 cgc 4.0 # 0111189004 to elee034 for $1000. He Opens a case with out contacting me wanting a partial refund but We agreed on a return for full refund once I receive the book back. Well, he sent back a box of trash. He has 100% feed back but seller beware! Again elee034.

So here's my first post. Unfortunately under less than favorable conditions. I recently sold a Marvel Family Comics 1 cgc 4.0 # 0111189004 to elee034 for $1000. He Opens a case with out contacting me wanting a partial refund but We agreed on a return for full refund once I receive the book back. Well, he sent back a box of trash. He has 100% feed back but seller beware! Again elee034.

So you haven't given him any kind of refund yet....correct?

I tried to search "by buyer" in the Advanced Search but all it's showing me is his feedback, his collections, his followers....everything except his bidding history - including the item he just won from me.

I believe they turned off that functionality in one of the latest "upgrades".

I believe they turned off that functionality in one of the latest "upgrades".

So they took away a feature that would help me as a seller determine whether a buyer is blowing sunshine up my bum? Sounds like typical eBay. :facepalm:

Thanks for the info anyway.

Not sure if this exactly fits here, but I need to rant somewhere. I ordered 2 books from this particular seller on CPG. The total came out to $6, plus $6.99 for shipping… A little steep, but if the books are packaged securely I can live with it.

I even tried to make sure the books would be shipped safely and she claimed they would, she mentioned that she could try and package it in a box, but looking back now she probably would've just thrown them into the box loose to move around in.

Package arrives today and my suspicion becomes reality. The bend goes through the entire package and the backing boards are bent too. I'm so sick of buying online. I thought CPG would be better than ebay. :pull hair:

I've usually been pretty safe with sellers, but what do you think I should do? Is my frustration warranted?

iOKYNpu.jpg

2lkUxfhl.jpg

OEwtXNbl.jpg

0tmMPuzl.jpg

z31HaYzl.jpg

Edited by spideyfan78ct