• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrity Signed Books
22 22

4,111 posts in this topic

Yep he did, but I meant, only one done at this show :)

Oh it sounded like he was looking for other Arnolds.... I like how he spelled out his whole name on yours.

Now there's a Conan and a Predator....someone has to get a Terminator done.

Wow, those got to the UK fast!!!! Lloyd you have done so much for me over the past couple of years, it was my pleasure to get these books done for you.

Fellow collectors I tried to get more books signed by Arnie, but I could only get one. Still, it was a thrill to get to see him. I was surprised to find that he is not very tall in person. Though I could only get one book signed, he was very autograph friendly and I hope to get another opportunity at getting a book signed for myself.

Oddly, the toughest autograph to get at this year's SDCC was Frank Miller. Due to his health, he was very guarded by his security & handlers. My wife and I were very fortunate to get to spend a moment or two with him before a panel and were only able to get a few books signed (and that was tougher than getting a Bill passed thru Congress). To the best of my knowledge, Jesse Campbell and I were the only people who were able to get anything signed by Frank that wasn't a Sin City poster. When you consider that Frank was at the convention for 3 days and he normally is a very autograph friendly creator, that's very surprising that more books didn't get signed.

Edited by Triston Pence

Wow, those got to the UK fast!!!! Lloyd you have done so much for me over the past couple of years, it was my pleasure to get these books done for you.

Fellow collectors I tried to get more books signed by Arnie, but I could only get one. Still, it was a thrill to get to see him. I was surprised to find that he is not very tall in person. Though I could only get one book signed, he was very autograph friendly and I hope to get another opportunity at getting a book signed for myself.

Oddly, the toughest autograph to get at this year's SDCC was Frank Miller. Due to his health, he was very guarded by his security & handlers. My wife and I were very fortunate to get to spend a moment or two with him before a panel and were only able to get a few books signed (and that was tougher than getting a Bill passed thru Congress). To the best of my knowledge, Jesse Campbell and I were the only people who were able to get anything signed by Frank that wasn't a Sin City poster. When you consider that Frank was at the convention for 3 days and he normally is a very autograph friendly creator, that's very surprising that more books didn't get signed.

He hasn't been very autograph friendly for a while, though - when he did that single signing at NYCC back in '11, you needed a wristband & it was limited to 1 item pr. person. Can't remember the last time where it was easy to get a Miller sig ...

He hasn't been very autograph friendly for a while, though - when he did that single signing at NYCC back in '11, you needed a wristband & it was limited to 1 item pr. person. Can't remember the last time where it was easy to get a Miller sig ...

I recall at the 2010 SDCC he did a signing at the Dark Horse booth and though it was a two book limit, if you handed him 4 or 5 books he signed them. The 2011 SDCC signing at the Legendary booth was a strict 1 book per person due to the size of the people waiting in line.

This year, it's Frank's health keeping him from meeting and signing for fans. It's quite remarkable that he showed up to promote Sin City 2 at the Comic Con. It was very apparent the he was in poor health & unable to interact with his fans. You could tell he wanted to meet more fans and sign books, but he just was in no condition to do it.

I saw frank at sdcc as well and he didn't look good from a far, when i got to the front he was gone so never got him to sign my poster but i did happen to see him on sunday when i was checking out of my hotel and boy he wasn't able to move fast i felt like going over to him and helping him out.

msc005_zps55fbe6e7.jpg

I really wanted a book signed by Richard Kiel because he's awesome. Also, he's one of the nicest celebs I've ever met!! Anyway, I thought about a James Bond book but there really wasn't anything I wanted.

Then I came across this movie on Mystery Science Theatre 3000. It's one of the very worst movies ever made. However, it's hysterical in the MST3K context. I was stunned when his name showed up in the credits (as were the hosts of the show).

And so... I made this happen. And it's awesome. That's him in the bottom picture as "The Solarite".

Thank you Steven! (starpc)

Edited by Jiri