• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

Hey GAtor,

Three part question my friend...My Gerber Journals have most A-Man books at the 5-7 range :screwy: Would you be willing to divulge besides for the 26 which are the rarest you have seen and collected? How many copies of 22 have you come by and have you ever seen the 2.5 that sits on the CGC census right now? What would be a price range per point for a 22 if a person was trying to find a copy someday? I really cant find any data on the subject besides for the Larson copy that sold some 11 years ago...thanks buddy...glad to hear you tore it up in Tampa (thumbs u

26 is the toughest followed by 25

22 shouldn't be any tougher than 20-24 but it is so highly coveted it is likely the 3rd toughest to obtain

I've owned 5 copies (4 at one time back in 2008/9), but the 2.5 was not one of them (2 were raw so one of them might be the 2.5 now)

Expect to pay $1000+ a point these days to obtain a copy

$6,000 for a 6.0 copy? :o

if one existed...the mile high is the 9.0 I think... I own the 4.0 and the 3.5 is the cosmic aeroplane copy I sold to Win...

the 2.5 is likely one of my raw copies...

that's it, no more on the census...a 6.0 might not even exist :o

It's just about top of my wants list and if a 6.0 turned up for $6000 I'd be delighted to have it.

sacentaur told me the Larson copy was out there for a while but has since sold? That's a book I'd like to track down (for GAtor so he could sell me his undercopy!)

This is the last and only luck I have had in finding it being sold publicly...$5750.00 including BP for a nice provenance WHITE page 9.0 albeit it 11 years ago seems good Linky ...Never hurts to dream :cloud9: That book is the real deal right there my friends

Edited by gino2paulus2

Hey GAtor,

Three part question my friend...My Gerber Journals have most A-Man books at the 5-7 range :screwy: Would you be willing to divulge besides for the 26 which are the rarest you have seen and collected? How many copies of 22 have you come by and have you ever seen the 2.5 that sits on the CGC census right now? What would be a price range per point for a 22 if a person was trying to find a copy someday? I really cant find any data on the subject besides for the Larson copy that sold some 11 years ago...thanks buddy...glad to hear you tore it up in Tampa (thumbs u

22 shouldn't be any tougher than 20-24 but it is so highly coveted it is likely the 3rd toughest to obtain

I've owned 5 copies (4 at one time back in 2008/9), but the 2.5 was not one of them (2 were raw so one of them might be the 2.5 now)

if one existed...the mile high is the 9.0 I think... I own the 4.0 and the 3.5 is the cosmic aeroplane copy I sold to Win...

It's just about top of my wants list and if a 6.0 turned up for $6000 I'd be delighted to have it.

sacentaur told me the Larson copy was out there for a while but has since sold? That's a book I'd like to track down (for GAtor so he could sell me his undercopy!)

This is the last and only luck I have had in finding it being sold publicly...$5750.00 including BP for a nice provenance WHITE page 9.0 albeit it 11 years ago seems good Linky ...Never hurts to dream :cloud9: That book is the real deal right there my friends

:ohnoez: that is crazy! it is so pretty :cloud9:

Hey GAtor,

I've picked up a few Centaurs, but I'm obviously not on top of relative scarcity.

hey my friend-

question

I want to show good form, be polite and follow the rules, so if I have something up for sale in metropolis' comicconnect auction am I allowed to list (publicize) the items here on these boards to drum up interest or is that not allowed

and

if so which forum or subforum should I list it in

thank you

hey my friend-

question

I want to show good form, be polite and follow the rules, so if I have something up for sale in metropolis' comicconnect auction am I allowed to list (publicize) the items here on these boards to drum up interest or is that not allowed

and

if so which forum or subforum should I list it in

thank you

Yes you can promote in the comic market :sales and advertising section

Hi,

New to the boards and being in Australia not much of a Golden Age supply here. Are there any online dealers you would recommend that ship internationally and carry a large amount of low/mid grade Superman Vol 1 Gold and Silver age issues at cheaper than Ebay prices?

Want to buy multiple issues at a time as shipping is expensive so 1 at a time is just wasting money.

Thanks!!

Hi,

New to the boards and being in Australia not much of a Golden Age supply here. Are there any online dealers you would recommend that ship internationally and carry a large amount of low/mid grade Superman Vol 1 Gold and Silver age issues at cheaper than Ebay prices?

Want to buy multiple issues at a time as shipping is expensive so 1 at a time is just wasting money.

Thanks!!

There are a lot of online dealers I would recommend. However pricing is a function of supply/demand/accurate grading / and cost

eBay would not be a choice for me so I can't comment on which dealers are cheaper.

That said there are a tremendous number of dealers that will ship to you. Check out the dealer list right here on the boards!

It's the 4th pinned topic here in the golden age section..."list of golden age dealers"

Hi,

Are there any online dealers you would recommend that ship internationally and carry a large amount of low/mid grade Superman Vol 1 Gold and Silver age issues at cheaper than Ebay prices?

I think a lot of people would like to buy large amounts of key GA titles at cheaper than ebay prices...

G.A.tor,

Not used to seeing this so your thoughts are appreciated. Any idea why mid grade Early double digit Batman books (i.e. 10-40) are priced higher in 2014 guide then we are seeing in GPA? Is it that most copies are not graded on those mid grade books and thus tend to not be reported as often to GPA? Thanks!

G.A.tor,

Not used to seeing this so your thoughts are appreciated. Any idea why mid grade Early double digit Batman books (i.e. 10-40) are priced higher in 2014 guide then we are seeing in GPA? Is it that most copies are not graded on those mid grade books and thus tend to not be reported as often to GPA? Thanks!

Ospg is not market value. They have become more distanced every year. Gpa is an indicator of trends but as you surmised it is not always indicative of market value either.

Supply/demand = price. In that equation is also sellers cost and sellers motivation to sell. All these factor into realized prices. So neither is right and neither is wrong. They are just approximations of what one might expect to pay (thumbs u

G.A.tor,

What's the highest you plan on bidding on the Action #1 9.0? :baiting:

And on a serious note. Much has been made (at least here on the boards) of how this book has been "maximized". Was the other 9.0 "maximized"? And if not should we expect it to get the treatment now that there is a "better" slabbed copy out there?

Edited by thunsicker

Hey G.A.tor,

So in your opinion is Tec 28 an underrated book in today's market? Also, what do you think is the price per point on this pre-robin tec?

Tec 28s sell so infrequently not fair to assign a per point price. Filter81 just sold a sweet copy

G.A.tor,

What's the highest you plan on bidding on the Action #1 9.0? :baiting:

And on a serious note. Much has been made (at least here on the boards) of how this book has been "maximized". Was the other 9.0 "maximized"? And if not should we expect it to get the treatment now that there is a "better" slabbed copy out there?

I don't have first hand knowledge but I believe the cage 9.0 copy to have been maxed out prior to grading.... I can't imagine metro not (I know I would )

Hey G.A.tor,

So in your opinion is Tec 28 an underrated book in today's market? Also, what do you think is the price per point on this pre-robin tec?

Tec 28s sell so infrequently not fair to assign a per point price. Filter81 just sold a sweet copy

Most of them seem to be slab PLOD. Is that your experience as well? Thanks again for the info G.A.tor (thumbs u

Hey G.A.tor,

Most of them seem to be slab PLOD. Is that your experience as well? Thanks again for the info G.A.tor (thumbs u

I think it is a 1:1.5 ratio blue to plod (13/19)