• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TALES OF SUSPENSE #39 CLUB
12 12

536 posts in this topic

She's a little rough, but she is all MINE!

ironman-1.jpg

Nice 'double quote' on the leading edge - not easy to come by (thumbs u

TOS #39 is incredibly hard to come by with the full double quote visible. I believe this is the first book we've seen in this thread with the double quote... Nice book. (thumbs

Edited by SteveC77

You'll only see the double quotes on the right edge when the cover has a front-to-back miswrap.

In general it appears to be a poorly cut/wrapped book across the board. On some books like mine double quotes are evident AND the full sideboard "Who" starburst can be seen, and in some books there is single quote (or none) and the "Who?" starburst wraps slightly around the back. I would have to think the book was intended for the double quotes to appear but quality control in the wrap/cutting department was having an off week doh!

Before:

tos39fc.jpg

once upon a time this was an old label CGC 6.0 but i cracked it open, read it a few times and put it in my collection. Just got it back from CGC. I included the old label with the submission but they still gave it a different grade. I always thought it looked very nice for grade. This book has never been pressed.

After:

sc0000dc70_zpsa141b2ea.jpg

Sadly i am out of the club. Just came down out of the stratoshere to sell the book at a nice price on the link. Although a surge is possible before the next avengers movie the timing was right for me. Someday I hope to own a nice copy again.