• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Yes, his paypal name is robert cano. Paypal has not yet reimbursed me, not very familiar with this, 1st time it happens. Do i have to call them? I only opened s case send it is still in review mode.

Anyone got his paypal email?

Yes, his paypal name is robert cano. Paypal has not yet reimbursed me, not very familiar with this, 1st time it happens. Do i have to call them? I only opened s case send it is still in review mode.

Anyone got his paypal email?

rbrtc99@gmail.com

I am nominating luckycomics, Robert Cano, to the Hall of Shame.

This user had multiple transactions with other board members in his last sales thread.

Link to sales thread.

My first payment to him was 31 days ago and I've sent him multiple PMs to alert him of the discussions taking place.

Luckycomics disappeared after collecting payment from numerous board members. Comics were never shipped and replies to messages for updates/status were never received. In every instance where the buyer sent money to luckycomics, a paypal dispute had to be opened for paypal to reverse the charge. In no instance were these reversals given by luckycomics, rather they were provided under Paypal's buyer protection.

Based on posts in this thread and some PMs that I've received, there are 7 known boardies that sent money and had to submit paypal disputes. Including:

brownchikano, asteroid-comix, carter3175, Scturo, Gsims718, ComicBookQuest, Torgaddon

At this point, his actions put luckycomics with the worst of the worst and his inclusion into the HOS is up for vote.

So can I nominate a board member for the Probation List because he cancelled not one order but a 2nd order for a comic only because he doesn't like me and thought I was person_without_enough_empathying about not getting the comic fast enough when in fact I was just inquiring about a shipping notice?

So can I nominate a board member for the Probation List because he cancelled not one order but a 2nd order for a comic only because he doesn't like me and thought I was person_without_enough_empathying about not getting the comic fast enough when in fact I was just inquiring about a shipping notice?

I'm pretty sure that all "take my ball and go home" instances are probation worthy.

I'm pretty sure that all "take my ball and go home" instances are probation worthy.

In that case, I'd like to nominate Lockford88 to the Probation List.

He's been running a sales thread for his Conquest Comics Amazing Spider-Man #4 J. Scott Campbell Exclusive for over a month now. I ordered and paid for 1 color copy on June 27th.

In late July, I was going through some of my old e-mails and noticed an open order from this Conquest Comics. I didn't recognize the order right away so I sent an e-mail and said something like "I ordered and paid for this comic about a month ago. So where the hell is it?". I buy a lot of comics through eBay and usually get stuff within a week.

About 5 minutes after sending the e-mail I realized it was the order for the ASM #4 JSC Variant through the boards. I then found the thread and saw where Lockford88 had posted that Marvel shipped the comics to him late and that he wouldn't be able to start shipping the comics until the 30th of July.

Right after this he calls me about my e-mail. I immediately apologized for my tone in the e-mail and explained what had happened. He seemed to accept my answer and apology at the time.

Fast forward to last night. Someone in his thread posts that they received a shipping notice and I said I hadn't received one yet. They then said they received theirs through Paypal. I then responded by saying I also paid through Paypal (denoting my payment date of June 27th) but hadn't received a notice yet. Suddenly, the seller (Lockford88) jumps in and goes off on a tangent about how tired he is of people griping about where their comics are. And I simply stated I hadn't received a shipping notice yet. I wasn't griping about not having the book yet. Since he had been packaging books since July 30th, I thought surely my 1 book purchase would have been included by the evening of Aug. 4th (I was wrong).

So his rant led me to state that no I wasn't griping, yes I still wanted the book and that I would never buy from him again. So he took offense and cancelled my initial order. I then tried to place another order through their website (at a higher cost) and he refused that order as well. He is convinced that I was b*tching up one side and down the other about my order and I can't convince him otherwise. (shrug)

So his rant led me to state that no I wasn't griping, yes I still wanted the book and that I would never buy from him again. So he took offense and cancelled my initial order. I then tried to place another order through their website (at a higher cost) and he refused that order as well. He is convinced that I was b*tching up one side and down the other about my order and I can't convince him otherwise. (shrug)

When communicating with him you probably should have kept that part to yourself. 2c

When communicating with him you probably should have kept that part to yourself. 2c

Very true. I agree.

The seller probably saw it as a rude gesture, and in turn, issued you a full refund.

I'm trying to see where there was a violation in that.

That's part of my question too. But I did state that I still wanted the book and had paid for it 5 weeks before last night.

The seller probably saw it as a rude gesture, and in turn, issued you a full refund.

Because the seller did not follow through on his obligation.

That's part of my question too. But I did state that I still wanted the book and had paid for it 5 weeks before last night.

If you want the book he is obligated to sell it to you. You can place him on the PL until a resolution is met which is as easy as selling you the book.

I've seen it where it can get ugly between the seller and the buyer. However, one can chalk it up to a lesson learn, not buy from said buyer, and move on.

The seller already gave him a 100% refund.

Now if the seller had ill intentions, for example, a higher offer on said book, then yes. But this looks like a miscommunication between both parties. One stating that he would not buy from the other again, and the second stating that he was tired of comments like those above.

By the way, Blue Jays suck

Yep. I agree. I'm sure both parties feel aggrieved, but money's been exchanged, so seller needs to suck it up, ship the book. At that point, I'm sure both parties will be content to wipe their hands of it.

Yep. I agree. I'm sure both parties feel aggrieved, but money's been exchanged, so seller needs to suck it up, ship the book. At that point, I'm sure both parties will be content to wipe their hands of it.

Seller already gave him a refund though.