• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

Opinions?:

If a seller lists a book for sale, and doesn't ship overseas except for GSP, then has a buyer purchase from overseas, then buyer won't pay because s/he won't pay the GSP fee...

Thoughts?

Opinions?:

If a seller lists a book for sale, and doesn't ship overseas except for GSP, then has a buyer purchase from overseas, then buyer won't pay because s/he won't pay the GSP fee...

Thoughts?

GSP related fees are disclosed to the foreign buyer upfront prior to their decision to purchase. Whether or not they like GSP, once they make that choice to buy the item, and then decide not to honor their commitment, they are no different than any other NPB. I would block them.

Opinions?:

Thoughts?

GSP related fees are disclosed to the foreign buyer upfront prior to their decision to purchase. Whether or not they like GSP, once they make that choice to buy the item, and then decide not to honor their commitment, they are no different than any other NPB. I would block them.

I think the exception would be if the buyer is in the UK.

GSP, according to board members here, is miscalculating and adding taxes to comic books. There are no taxes due when they import comics.

I can understand why someone might hit the "buy it now" KNOWING that the pre-calculation is in error & then wanting to back out of the deal when they realize there is no correction when the invoice is finalized.

From a buyer's point of view, it is the same as when you load up a shopping cart w/ten items & see your preliminary invoice with fees for ten shipping charges...but you then wait for the amended invoice before paying...

(shrug)

Is it OK to post about bad sellers here? Bought a Conan the Barbarian #1 from seller buey03 listed in NM condition. I realize grading is subjective, but the comic came bagged and boarded IN A PLAIN ENVELOPE. No cardboard. No bubble wrap. Just stuck it in a mailing envelope. Turns out the cover was detached at the bottom staple.

Sent the seller a message detailing what happened. It started off OK. He said he had some more comics and would see what he could do. All went down hill from there. Kept offering to sell me more comics at a discounted rate. Every single comic was priced at a minimum of double what other sellers had them for currently on EBAY. Said it wasn't his concern what others were selling them at, he was giving me a big discount.

It took me opening a case with EBAY to get anywhere. Even then he continue to try and sell my overpriced books at a discount to make up for it. Eventually got him to give me a partial refund.

After looking at other books he has for sale there are a lot that have staple issues. I'm not so sure the cover wasn't detached from the beginning.

Has anyone here who has blocked people ever dealt with one of the blocked bidders coming back with another name, making a purchase to leave negative FB or anything like that?

Yes.

More than once.

Very unpleasant.

CAL who won ALL those cases, btw...

list of non-paying bidders, zero communication, contacted them did not hear back and never paid

raychay112233

gzmzhz2010

llc-sell

should have a few more this week :facepalm:

:baiting: was one of them for that 1st Gamora?

not yet, that person said they are paying me on the 13th

also Raychay112233 paid after the case was closed so I guess they shouldn't be on the list anymore.

But I do have a new one that may or not be on your list.

mandhenni - contacted me after I sold them a WD127 CGC 9.8

They claimed the book arrived damaged (message below)

"I think it might've gotten damaged in shipping. The part that says 9.8 and all that. It Is like folding and rippling. Like it came loose from the glue or whatever they use."

I responded that in my initial picture the 'paper label' is already wavy and that it's normal for the label to appear that way because of the way they have the case etc. I told them I did not think the book was damaged (as I did not hear about any damage to the actual case, broken plastic etc)

their follow up

"the label is coming unglued from the inside"

which I then reiterated the same thing I had said before

this was their final message on July 24th

"Then its not a perfect case..if the inside is damaged lol"

Today they requested a refund. I asked them to ship the item back. Just wanted to pass this info along to the next person he buys a WD127 from. Hope your label is perfect.

list of non-paying bidders, zero communication, contacted them did not hear back and never paid

raychay112233

gzmzhz2010

llc-sell

should have a few more this week :facepalm:

:baiting: was one of them for that 1st Gamora?

not yet, that person said they are paying me on the 13th

also Raychay112233 paid after the case was closed so I guess they shouldn't be on the list anymore.

But I do have a new one that may or not be on your list.

mandhenni - contacted me after I sold them a WD127 CGC 9.8

They claimed the book arrived damaged (message below)

"I think it might've gotten damaged in shipping. The part that says 9.8 and all that. It Is like folding and rippling. Like it came loose from the glue or whatever they use."

I responded that in my initial picture the 'paper label' is already wavy and that it's normal for the label to appear that way because of the way they have the case etc. I told them I did not think the book was damaged (as I did not hear about any damage to the actual case, broken plastic etc)

their follow up

"the label is coming unglued from the inside"

which I then reiterated the same thing I had said before

this was their final message on July 24th

"Then its not a perfect case..if the inside is damaged lol"

Today they requested a refund. I asked them to ship the item back. Just wanted to pass this info along to the next person he buys a WD127 from. Hope your label is perfect.

doh! Are people crazy? No CGC labels are ever glued in. They just sit in the space. I've cracked a few for signatures and the paper label was completely loose in there. On extra-thick slabs, the paper can get quite wobbly.

I'm assuming this is an attempt at a scam for partial refund and not just naivety, but that may be because it's a pet peeve of mine when people "LOL" at you when they are the ones who are in the wrong.

here's a pic of the label (before it shipped, there appears to be wavyness and maybe a small crease upper left hand corner)

IMG_2137_zps9c1eaac9.jpg

I dealt with a buyer who knew NOTHING of CGC cases and it was a major headache...Not sure if this guy is a scammer...Sounds like a complete noob and those can be the worst to deal with sometimes...The guy I had refused to look at the boards here and resources I provided and was convinced I was trying to scam him doh!

...In my instance, I tried to placate the guy, be helpful. That was a mistake. Suggest have your buyer just return for full refund and be done with him.

bulldog76_2013

- bid on a lot after playing twenty questions for a few days. no I definitly didn't put any low number Walking Dead into a $15 60 book lot. Didn't pay, won't answer requests,

escalated, still no answer.

coo-holl -

- bid on a lot after playing twenty questions for a few days. no I definitly didn't put any low number Walking Dead into a $15 60 book lot. Didn't pay, won't answer requests,

escalated, still no answer.

AND I got my first neg in over 16 years from a newbie named Snapper_Carr_forever, who has already changed his id since his first purchase on June 4. Pain in the nether regions, block this guy, he's local here in Htown. Spouts grading advice like a kid.

Yep guy bought from me as well last week and left a bad positive for me as well. I banned him after reading this.

2 guys in one week for me makes think I am starting to get cursed. You guys post them here exactly one week after they buy from me. :tonofbricks:

I read this and then go he has already bought from me.

Adjust your blocked list. Snapper_Carr_Forever is now.

johnny_ringo_93

Edited by Fastballspecial