• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
25 25

2,899 posts in this topic

Hi everyone--

I'm Andy from Chicagoland. I am a lover of (almost) all things silver age, which is my primary focus. I do dabble in modern and some original comic art also. I'm a regular attendee at Midwest shows and I'm sure I've met many of you. Very new to the message board thing. I've been hooked on comics since buying my first comic off the spinner rack at the local Jewel (Amazing Spiderman #304!).

Look forward to talking/laughing/interacting with you all. Thanks

Gotta get you posting some more, Andy

Hey everybody, kind of finding my way around on here, I love the Silver Age stuff, but do dabble in some modern stuff as well. Favorite title right now is Rat Queens, met Kurtis and Roc at NYCC last year, not sure what was cooler, them, or their work!

Hey everybody, kind of finding my way around on here, I love the Silver Age stuff, but do dabble in some modern stuff as well. Favorite title right now is Rat Queens, met Kurtis and Roc at NYCC last year, not sure what was cooler, them, or their work!

A very warmsmiley-signs087.gifto the boards TheDynasty!flowerysmile.gif

Check out these threads for great information on the CGC Forum

THE N00B GUIDE

PGM Guidelines and Helpful Hints

Edited by timern

Hey everyone,

Name's Jeff from the merry old land of OZ(Australia).

Pretty much a DC man because I am a Superman and Batman fan. Mainly a Sideshow and Hot Toys collector but as room ran out started getting more and more into comics.

I am more of a run collector than a key issue collector. I am currently down to about 90 issues left in my Superman Vol 1 run and its starting to get expensive.

I also doing runs of Jimmy Olsen,Lois Lane, DC Comics Presents and for a more modern flavor Superman/Batman 2003 and 2011 series.

That's how I ended up here chasing CGC sketch variants.

This place looks great and will hopefully be a well of information and sellers who are willing to deal internationally.

Hey everyone,

Pretty much a DC man because I am a Superman and Batman fan. Mainly a Sideshow and Hot Toys collector but as room ran out started getting more and more into comics.

I am more of a run collector than a key issue collector. I am currently down to about 90 issues left in my Superman Vol 1 run and its starting to get expensive.

I also doing runs of Jimmy Olsen,Lois Lane, DC Comics Presents and for a more modern flavor Superman/Batman 2003 and 2011 series.

This place looks great and will hopefully be a well of information and sellers who are willing to deal internationally.

A very warmsmiley-signs087.gifto the boards Jeff!flowerysmile.gif

Check out these threads for great information on the CGC Forum

THE N00B GUIDE

PGM Guidelines and Helpful Hints

Hi Guys... I am Roger. I have been mostly on eBay the past 5 years (under the name KaizerDawg). I have to thank Dr. Love for his generosity of spirit and keen recommendation to get on the boards and share. My main collecting genre is classic Romance comics of which again I have to thank Dr. Love for sending one big fish of a book my way. I am also into Marvelmania esp. Third Eye Marvel blacklight posters with my favorite being Thor kissing Sif and Medusa. Sitting on my desk here at home I am now looking at a Miss Fury # 2, Wonder Comics # 13 and Sungirl # 2 - all CCG'd.. all wonderful beautiful covers that bring a smile to my face when I look at them. I also am an unabashed viewer of cool cartoons such as Beware The Bat and Attack of the Titan to name just 2. Before I digress I just want to say feel free to let me know what cool classic stuff you have and I will do the same.

Hey everyone,

Hey, Jeff, welcome. Looks like we share a lot of interests, the Superman family of books is a favorite of mine, too. I have 107 issues of Superman Vol. 1 left to get (meaning I need 1-87 and I only have 2 issues under #100) so I know exactly what you mean by expensive. Since I shoot for lower-mid grades (G+ to VG mostly) it helps, but still adds up.

I've also been on a tear recently with Jimmy and Lois issues, so that's been fun. Hope to see you around here more.

Hi Everyone. Name is Eric. Live in the grand state of New Jersey. Only recently starting collecting comics. Started out by my obsession with Frank Frazetta. First it was some art books. Then statues. Eventually lead me to his art inspired comics (Death Dealer/One shots/etc).

That in turn lead me to Conan. I've picked up a few key issues (1 and 2) and the odd one I find. Looking to really start filling out my collection. Also looking to further add to my Frazetta collection (have about 50 comics right now) plus any other misc Frazetta items I run across (and it is amazing just how many there are).

Look forward to talking (and hopefully buying) from the community here.

Hi Everyone. Name is Eric. Live in the grand state of New Jersey. Only recently starting collecting comics. Started out by my obsession with Frank Frazetta. First it was some art books. Then statues. Eventually lead me to his art inspired comics (Death Dealer/One shots/etc).

That in turn lead me to Conan. I've picked up a few key issues (1 and 2) and the odd one I find. Looking to really start filling out my collection. Also looking to further add to my Frazetta collection (have about 50 comics right now) plus any other misc Frazetta items I run across (and it is amazing just how many there are).

Look forward to talking (and hopefully buying) from the community here.

Welcome to the boards!

I've been to a few Phish concerts. My memory of those is a bit fuzzy though.

:ohnoez:

:o

Keeping my :wishluck: to see if I get Halloween tickets. If so it will be the first time I've ever been to Vegas.

Hello everyone, the name is Zach. Born in St. Louis, Missouri, currently residing in Panama City Beach, Florida, home of the seasonal college frat boys and white, sandy beaches that become ruined by said frat boys. (I, myself, am a young college student, but consider myself to be neither a frat boy or drunk on any occasion)

Although I've been reading comic books for most of my life, it was usually from libraries that had trades of random stories that you could tell were just there so the library could say they had them. I only recently started collecting single issues of my favorite comics and such over the past couple of years from my local comic shop, New Force Comics, owned by the man who I believe goes by "G.A.tor" on this site, as I've been told. Speaking of, I'm currently training to be next in line to the throne of the front counter at his shop. It's been a dream job of mine, and I'm lucky enough to have the chance to make it more than just a young man's dream.

Flavorful introductions aside, the comic bug has been strong with me over these past couple of years of avid collecting. As someone who has had a love of serialized storytelling and wanting to know every story that I can about a character I'm reading, comic books have become the perfect hobby and addiction to consume my life with.

Until yesterday, though, I had never once even had my hands on a CGC graded comic of my own. Thanks to one of my best friends and a prominent user on this site, "Kystix", that forever changed thanks to a very gracious birthday gift of two CGC graded books, a 9.6 Ultimate Spider-Man #3 and a 9.8 Greg Land signed Ultimate Fantastic Four #30 (I'm also a fan of the Ultimate Marvel universe, give or take an Ultimatum here or there). Now, with two CGC books in my possession, I've been recommended to join this forum, which has led me to this very long winded introduction about myself.

Hopefully this wasn't too big of an introduction, but as you may have been able to tell, I enjoy writing as much as I do reading. I look forward to hopefully becoming an outgoing, social member of this site, and learning more about this hobby I love so much. Thanks for reading (or at least skimming through. Don't worry, I understand)!