• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My research on ideal slab storage methods- a lengthy but comprehensive read....
3 3

64 posts in this topic

I can attest to the part below. I had done this with a HC Overstreet Price Guide. Not a high dollar item but it does happen. Good post and research.

"storing a book with the spine up may cause the text to pull out of the binding due to its weight"

Great post, newshane.

I did lots of research on the subject about 10 years ago. Here's what I concluded works best for me...

Open wood shelves (not closed cabinets), flat stacks, bags and mylars. (thumbs u

(Climate-controlled, ventilated, none on the floor, security system, video cameras, etc.) lol

storageslabs1.jpg

Great post, newshane.

I did lots of research on the subject about 10 years ago. Here's what I concluded works best for me...

Open wood shelves (not closed cabinets), flat stacks, bags and mylars. (thumbs u

(Climate-controlled, ventilated, none on the floor, security system, video cameras, etc.) lol

storageslabs1.jpg

How many of those are CEARs?

lol

But seriously, how many?

-slym

Since we're on the subject, can anybody recommend a fire proof filing cabinet that can store slabs in it?

:gossip: Two words. Rusty staples

Maybe, maybe not. Mine have been in a fire proof safe for 5 years with no signs whatsoever of anything like that. Of course, I regularly open the safe and have about 10 pounds of silicate crystals in the bottom of it.

Since we're on the subject, can anybody recommend a fire proof filing cabinet that can store slabs in it?

Yep. I wouldn't risk it. Stay away from "fire-proof" storage.

Maybe, maybe not. Mine have been in a fire proof safe for 5 years with no signs whatsoever of anything like that. Of course, I regularly open the safe and have about 10 pounds of silicate crystals in the bottom of it.

Cool. It's something I'm still looking into and not really in a rush right now. If I did have a safe it would be opened regularly in a climate controlled area. It's just the thought of losing another collection to a disaster such as a fire again makes me shutter.