• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

Agreed on all fronts, I want the manifest 8 sketch but don't want to have to pay for the WD 129 too. Also I think there are just a few people hoarding these and letting them trickle out to drive up prices. Just not willing to drop that much on a non key

I don't think its shilly. I don't have either of those books but I had a feeling they would blow up. The last to combined sketch sales went for $199 and $249 so who knows what people are willing to pay for all 4. I've heard there are as few as 75-100 and up to 500 of each made. Suffice it to say, both of these titles have grown big audiences so not everyone who wants 1 will get them. 2c

From what I heard the sketch wasn't available to anyone at the show you had to go to some lunch they were throwing and only retailers were given this cover. I'm sure well see most of them on the market soon but for now not many are available to buy

Still agree it's not a key issue I wouldn't blow that kind of money on that

I cashed in on Walking Dead 127 but didn't send in any outcast #1

I want to now, but knowing my luck the ship will have sailed by the time I get them back

Edited by oceanavekid

perceived rarity is what is driving the price. Unfortunately neither issue is of importance in terms of characters or story. Issues 129 and 8?? meh. I'll stick with my regular covers I paid $3 for. Same insides and I save $300 lol

And..... Boom! You just won the world.

If I wanted to buy covers I'd go for the OA

HUGH HOWEYS WOOL #1

CRYPTOZOIC ENTERTAINMENT

(W) Jimmy Palmiotti, Justin Gray (A) Jimmy Broxton (CA) Darwyn Cooke, Jimmy Broxton

The New York Times-bestselling science-fiction novel by Hugh Howey is now told as a six-part graphic novel. This is the story of mankind clawing for survival, of mankind on the edge. The world outside has grown unkind, the view of it limited, talk of it forbidden. But there are always those who hope, who dream. These are the dangerous people, the residents who infect others with their optimism. Their punishment is simple. They are given the very thing they profess to want: They are allowed outside.

Fans of the novel are driving this...

Online beast right now.

I don't think its shilly. I don't have either of those books but I had a feeling they would blow up. The last to combined sketch sales went for $199 and $249 so who knows what people are willing to pay for all 4. I've heard there are as few as 75-100 and up to 500 of each made. Suffice it to say, both of these titles have grown big audiences so not everyone who wants 1 will get them. 2c

Not a shill that was me trying to hide my purchase on a new account from my girlfriend. lol

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Post of the year!!!

perceived rarity is what is driving the price. Unfortunately neither issue is of importance in terms of characters or story. Issues 129 and 8?? meh. I'll stick with my regular covers I paid $3 for. Same insides and I save $300 lol

I think this about a lot of books, yet I own the EoW RRP lol

If you gotta have it, you gotta have it. :grin:

Ya, but that one is the best cover, so it has that going for it as well.

:banana:

:hi: dukes

Anyone been following Wool since Wednesday? Came out this past week and seems to be picking up speed. One auction went off in the $30 range. Looks to be a small print run.

Hate these situations. I ordered one copy, to read, based solely on the Previews synopsis.

So..........its' worth $20-$30 or whatever, but that's useless to me, because I don't sell anything from my collection that I didn't pick up with the intention to sell. And I'm not made of airports, so I can't get multiples of every title.

:pullhair::(

:banana:

:hi: dukes

Haha. Well, it's true. That was the one they used for the adds as well, then on release, we were stuck with the comme ci comme ça green and blah cover.

Not a shill that was me trying to hide my purchase on a new account from my girlfriend. lol

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Post of the year!!!

:facepalm: Didn't work for long within 3 days she found the new account. lol