• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
8 8

4,882 posts in this topic

:roflmao:

Ain't happening.

But I have noticed when I track Dave Stevens auctions on Ebay you will get quite a few bids on the more sought after books (Planet Comics #1, 3-D Zone #16, Venus Domina #1, etc.), you will see many different usernames versus two or three people trying to outbid one another.

I wonder if it comes down to Stevens collectors would rather have a raw book versus something encased.

Good news and bad news. I am pumped up to finally score a copy of DNAgents #24 in CGC 9.8 yesterday, especially since Bosco685 continues his hoardng :grin:. From what I understand from everyone here this book is hard to find without a mark near the staple.

On a not so happy note I tried buying another raw Dave Stevens cover from ebay - Cheval Noir #1. I am seeking to get that in CGC 9.8. It looked nice enough I thought I could get it pressed if needed. Wrong again. This makes me 0 for 8 on ebay attempts. That may be my last attempt at buying a raw cover from anything but a Walk-In Comic store so I can see it upclose and grade it myself. More good news is that is looks fantastic in a Mylar until I fall into the the supreme copy.

Good news and bad news. I am pumped up to finally score a copy of DNAgents #24 in CGC 9.8 yesterday, especially since Bosco685 continues his hoardng :grin:. From what I understand from everyone here this book is hard to find without a mark near the staple.

On a not so happy note I tried buying another raw Dave Stevens cover from ebay - Cheval Noir #1. I am seeking to get that in CGC 9.8. It looked nice enough I thought I could get it pressed if needed. Wrong again. This makes me 0 for 8 on ebay attempts. That may be my last attempt at buying a raw cover from anything but a Walk-In Comic store so I can see it upclose and grade it myself. More good news is that is looks fantastic in a Mylar until I fall into the the supreme copy.

:applause:

I was watching that to see how high the price would go. I had a feeling you would be one of the bidders.

Way to go!

Hey guys, during the normal scanning of Ebay I came across a few auctions that were IDW complete sketchbook HCs that looked awfully fishy. Some of you probably have already seen this and I doubt anyone here would fall for it but he claims they are signed editions. Now unless somebody figured out that flux capacitor thing I have a real problem with that statement. I believe the earliest of these books came out in 2011 and each of the ones I've seen him list has a sticker somewhere in the book with a very convincing Dave Stevens signature. In case anyone has forgotten Dave left us March 11, 2008. If someone finds them before I get home tonight post up a link or feel free to report him because it just isn't right.

Looks like a label sticker that is signed, with a typewritten inscription. Most likely, the label was signed for something else. The seller, "Red Dragon Books" has probably stuck it in the book's frontspiece.

My guess, anyway.

He's right, though, it probably is the first with artist's signature.

Looks like a label sticker that is signed, with a typewritten inscription. Most likely, the label was signed for something else. The seller, "Red Dragon Books" has probably stuck it in the book's frontspiece.

My guess, anyway.

He's right, though, it probably is the first with artist's signature.

That's just sad.

Hey kids, been real busy these past months. Haven't had time to even turn on a computer. :hi:

So, I picked up my Rocketeer ornament today. Only a few left on the shelf when I left. It's a very nice looking piece. My only disappointment was not to see Dave mentioned anywhere on the packaging. Needless to say, I sent an e-mail to the manufacturer. Might do some good. :eyeroll: Anywho, gotta run. Be back soon. :wishluck:

Hey kids, been real busy these past months. Haven't had time to even turn on a computer. :hi:

So, I picked up my Rocketeer ornament today. Only a few left on the shelf when I left. It's a very nice looking piece. My only disappointment was not to see Dave mentioned anywhere on the packaging. Needless to say, I sent an e-mail to the manufacturer. Might do some good. :eyeroll: Anywho, gotta run. Be back soon. :wishluck:

:applause:

Someone told me to be careful when picking out the Rocketeer ornament. There is a production rub on the fin of the helmet. I need to go check for one for my tree.

:whee: