• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,286 posts in this topic

I finally watched the trailer for the new TMNT movie. I wasn't very impressed. Were they wearing Samari armor? Anyone else feel the same? I try not to be that guy who hates every remake that comes out (Red Dawn, lol).

I'm going to see it because I'm a Turtle fan, I DEFINITELY do not like their look, nor voices and the movie looks so-so. I pray I will be pleasantly surprised by Bay & Co.

(Does have Megan in it......so I've got that going for me - which is nice :cloud9: )

?

In the music video the guy starts talking about how his watch keeps time great, among other things... (shrug)

However, I can easily say that I enjoyed the *NEW* music video more than the trailers so far, it shows a lot more of the movie - and some great action sequences.

I saw the latest Transformers and thought it was bad as spoon, and now I'm sure this move will be awesome to see, for me at least. :sumo:

I was unaware the first group shot actually sold. Interesting.

It sold for $71,700 at Heritage after being displayed at the 35 days event at Meltdown with a ~$600,00.00 price tag. Not 100% on the 600K, but it was around there and greater than 1/2 a mil.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/kevin-eastman-and-peter-laird-first-ever-drawing-of-the-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1983-/a/7059-92357.s

+1. I love the old school arm. Question. This and the Casey look "beefier" than his regular quick sketches. Did he work on a few of these throughout the day, or went at it while others thirsted on line. Maybe Peas could answer best. Just curious. Thanks. Also, I think Eastman knows it will go for a premium and he has all the turtle memorabilia he wants. Yeah, a little weird that it's the "first turtle," but dough is dough.

He has done these nicer sketches at some shows and not others. I think he started selling these sketched 2012 Annual RE's around the same time the "Team Eastman 2014" art boards were first released. The pickup for the books on FCBD weekend was arranged prior to the Shellback signing, where they were picked up. TY again HANS!

Thanks man. I'm hoping to pick up a Mikey or diesel Eastman sketch in NYCC. We shall see. I appreciate the info. As far as the hip hop video, it's tough for me to feel these new artists, although Juicy J's style makes me laugh. Def a catchy tune. Nothing beats "Iceman, you know I'm not I'm not playin" and that dance that I could break out in a whim lol Def showed some great action sequences. I agree Toitle- btw- I hope your summer is going well! Let's hope for some good turtle action next week.

?

In the music video the guy starts talking about how his watch keeps time great, among other things... (shrug)

However, I can easily say that I enjoyed the *NEW* music video more than the trailers so far, it shows a lot more of the movie - and some great action sequences.

I saw the latest Transformers and thought it was bad as spoon, and now I'm sure this move will be awesome to see, for me at least. :sumo:

I gotcha.

I need to watch the music video.

Failing to see the connection between the guys Rolex and Ninja Turtles.... Or am I getting too old? :eek:

You're not getting too old. Lyrically, today's mainstream hip hop artists are garb compared to those back in the day, IMHO. They could have really made the turtle song pop (besides the hook). Nas would've ripped it up lol

Some new TMNT books came in today. Well some of the 30th Anniversary covers. :)

TMNT30thRIEFront.jpg

TMNT30thHotComicEditionFront.jpg

Also, early reviews for the movie are saying it's incredible. Its exceeded expectations big time. :headbang:

Edited by ChadH

These books are awesome. It makes me feel proud when I see other turtles share the same passion.

DISCLAIMER: have a bunch of books to post from PeasOfTotallyAwesomessDude coming up, I "just" have to scan them in, but they will totally wet your shells, so get the ginger and wasabi ready.

These books are awesome. It makes me feel proud when I see other turtles share the same passion.

DISCLAIMER: have a bunch of books to post from PeasOfTotallyAwesomessDude coming up, I "just" have to scan them in, but they will totally wet your shells, so get the ginger and wasabi ready.

Drop a gem on em!

Out of curiosity guys, I've just recently gotten into the IDW series of TMNT. Now, of course I would like to find raw books that would grade at that. Any suggestions? I've heard bad things about some of IDW's books being hard to find good copies and eBay scares the bejesus out of me. :)

Edited by ChadH

TMNT30thRIEFront.jpg

Also, early reviews for the movie are saying it's incredible. Its exceeded expectations big time. :headbang:

I like that cover! (thumbs u

Drop a gem on em!

Can't wait to see em' I actually have a couple myself, that I just got back in trade and an old Peas mash up! I'll post tom

TMNT30thRIEFront.jpg

I like that cover! (thumbs u

Some of these 30th Ann. and new IDW covers are great. Nice sigs! I love Dooney