• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,489 posts in this topic

Btw below is a self-portrait of the great and under-appreciated Ogden Whitney

I'll take this one off your hands

Lovelorn52_zps1dbb6d3e.jpg

The next issue was also interesting. ACG was kinda confusing with the series name being out of whack with the covers during certain parts of the run. I think these are actually "Lovelorns" rather than "Confessions of the Loverlorns" hm

T2eC16ZsE9swm08eBRT2IBISH60_57_zps34e24c6e.jpg

MUST HAVE!!!!

You just blew my mind!! At first, I thought it was a spoof cover ... truly :o

Thanks for the pic.

Easily a match for any other romance books IMHO. I've had more than one copy down the years and as I recollect the stories have great artwork and are very powerful and mature.

Thanks for the pic.

Easily a match for any other romance books IMHO. I've had more than one copy down the years and as I recollect the stories have great artwork and are very powerful and mature.

You mean I should open it and read it? hm

Not for nothing, as they used to say on the West Wing, but if the short "black" period of ACG romance circa 1954 might be considered "anti-romance" romance books, much of their "horror" output in the next couple of years read more like gothic romance than anything else. Post-code, but generally scarce. Am I alone in liking these I wonder?

AdventuresintotheUnknown77.jpg

AdventuresintotheUnknown63.jpg

ForbiddenWorlds84.jpg

Edited by Flex Mentallo

Not for nothing, as they used to say on the West Wing, but if the short "black" period of ACG romance circa 1954 might be considered "anti-romance" romance books, much of their "horror" output in the next couple of years read more like gothic romance than anything else. Post-code, but generally scarce. Am I alone in liking these I wonder?

ForbiddenWorlds84.jpg

Yes. :devil:

ForbiddenWorlds84.jpg

Nope. In fact, maybe a Flex sales thread is in order! :D

ForbiddenWorlds84.jpg

Yes. :devil:

Then this would be your idea of true romance?

OutoftheShadows108_zps25184a45.jpg

Thanks for the pic.

Nope - you'll go blind.

Thanks for the pic.

Nope - you'll go blind.

That's exactly what I was afraid of!

Any boardies seen/have a better copy?

The perception that this issue is a stone cold beotch to find is accurate. And the reality is my Canadian copy is the only one in the census. When I can't get a scarce book any other way I end up saying

Go Canucks!

GilrlsLove05fc100_zpscce32679.jpg

Again... (worship):cloud9:(worship)

Okay,since I suck at search function,and did not add this to my watched topics,I had to go through 48 pages of my posts to find this thread,,,,

here is my rarest romance....as promised ages ago...

plusone127-1.jpg

Edited by porcupine48

A no-prize to you, Scrooge. The move from black to red is stunning. Great editorial decision, great choice of image. That's one mysterious photo cover.

Speaking of which, you of all people might know the answer to this question: what would you say, roughly, is the % of photo covers for westerns?

A no-prize to you, Scrooge. The move from black to red is stunning. Great editorial decision, great choice of image. That's one mysterious photo cover.

Speaking of which, you of all people might know the answer to this question: what would you say, roughly, is the % of photo covers for westerns?

:gossip: Too many.

:insane:

Nice.

FYI, that's the photo on the cover of My Love # 2.

http://www.atlastales.com/issue/2771

Thanks all.When I first got this,thanks Greenham!,I knew I had seen the cover and went through nearly both Gerber books to find it,almost missed the original due to colour change.

Anyone else seen one,or another of this series?