• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the best Marvel/DC animated series/movies?
1 1

367 posts in this topic

Of the DC stuff the original Batman Adventures is a must see.

I'm not a big DC guy, but it's really, really, well done.

A perfect example of how Hollywood gets it right and does it better then what we get to read by DC now.

This great Batman Animated series came out over twenty years ago, so you would think by now the current editors of DC would have taken notice of on how to do it. (shrug)

btw

Merry Christmas.

:hi:

A perfect example of how Hollywood gets it right and does it better then what we get to read by DC now.

This great Batman Animated series came out over twenty years ago, so you would think by now the current editors of DC would have taken notice of on how to do it. (shrug)

btw

Merry Christmas.

:hi:

Merry Christmas!

I LOVE this series. IMO this is undoubtedly THE best animated superhero series ever made. This is what drew me to comics and made me a believer for life.

Pure awesomeness :applause:

this could be the best series ever

i have an app on my phone with all the episodes

The best of the best! And with the right voice for the role. If only some actors watched this in advance.

No mention of Fantastic Four from the early 90's. The first season was dreadful, but John Buscema took on the art direction for season two, which made all the difference. The audio is a little off, but well worth the viewing, starting with "And a Blind Man Shall Lead Them" from FF39-40.

By the way, shame on the guy who downloaded them, but didn't buy them... *wags finger*

Based on the alert someone posted that Best Buy was having DVD sales, I was able to pick up Batman: Year One and Justice League: The New Frontier for $3.99 each.

OUTSTANDING! Some of the best superhero animation I have had the chance to watch.

:applause:

I grew up watching the 90's X-Men and Spider Man shows. These made me really fall in love with superheroes and my love for comics and trading cards. I'm disappointed Netflix has neither on their site, but they do have the 80's Spider Man and Friends show. I think I got my 8yr old hooked. :D

The best of the best! And with the right voice for the role. If only some actors watched this in advance.

Seems like advice for directors rather than actors.

Looks like there will be a new DC animated movie added to the list.

DC's Next Animated Film Will Be JUSTICE LEAGUE: THRONE OF ATLANTIS

The website World's Finest Online has gotten an exclusive look at the cover for the upcoming Batman: Assault on Arkham, and it has revealed that the sequel to last year's Justice League: War will be titled Justice League: Throne of Atlantis. It looks evident that the film will center around the Atlanteans attacking the surface world after Darkseid's attack on earth left their kingdom in ruin.

:applause:

Anyone watching the spidey show on Disney. I watched the first season and was pretty impressed. Witty humor in the writing, and seemed like a good representation of Spidey.

The two seasons of the Spectacular Spider-man animated series on Disney were excellent. The writing was spot-on for Spidey and did a better job of updating the characters for the "Ultimate" generation without losing sight of who Spidey is (unlike the ASM film franchise). The first season was released in a collected DVD, the second series is available on DVD but only as separate chapters. I'd love it if they collected it but due to the cancellation that is doubtful. :sorry:

GI JOE. I love that comic series and the cartoon series was to die for :cloud9: They had a few "unrealistic" (NO DER) parts, but overall, I loved it. The cartoon series was always much more upbeat and kid friendly than the comic, but I still loved the comic. I do have one question, esp. for the Silent Master. In one GI Joe cartoon, did Gung Ho say, Ace, i don't F*** around with luck?" I swear I replayed that 500 times and I'm positive that's what the PG 90's show said (shrug) Whatever...

lol

Update on information for the announced DC animated movies for the year 2015

---------------------------

-JUSTICE LEAGUE: THRONE OF ATLANTIS : Sequel to Justice League: War and based on Aquamans new 52 Origin, it will be relased early 2015 from January - March

-BATMAN VS ROBIN: The film will feature the first appearance of THE COURT OF OWLS BUT will NOT be based on the comics here producer James Tucker set the record straight once and for all.

-JUSTICE LEAGUE: GODS AND MONSTERS: Bruce Timm returns to the DC animated universe as he himself has written, desgined characters & developed the movie which is slated to potentially be released AT Comic Con 2015.

The voice cast was also mentioned.

• Alan Tudyk (Superman / Clark Kent),

• Jason O'Mara (Batman / Bruce Wayne),

• Michelle Monaghan (Wonder Woman / Diana Prince),

• Christopher Gorham (Flash / Barry Allen),

• Justin Kirk (Green Lantern / Hal Jordan),

• Shemar Moore (Cyborg / Victor Stone)

• Sean Astin (Shazam)

• Joining the cast as Aquaman is Matt Lanter along new & recurring cast.