• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

New additions to the collection, Superboy edition.

First few aren't technically Silver Age, but given the #1-4 posted earlier, I thought it would be okay:

Superboy038_zpsb9898b4c.jpg

Superboy040_zps06a30c3f.jpg

Superboy047_zps308e9791.jpg

Superboy051_zpseff28251.jpg

This one was listed as "First Silver Age issue", don't know how you decide such things...

Superboy052_zpsd479c4d4.jpg

This last one is for Hepcat, 'cause I know how much that cat loves the Krypto covers...

Superboy064_zpscc8dd3ca.jpg

A select few of the new auction wins in the Superman family. First, a little Action:

Action246_zpsa19b696a.jpg

Next, my lowest Lois:

LoisLane011_zps0ca84cf5.jpg

And my lowest Jimmy:

JimmyOlsen021_zps5b4ee045.jpg

Finally, my second lowest Jimmy, but that's not why I picked it - DC Gorilla!!!

JimmyOlsen024_zps43bb73b3.jpg

This is my wife's comic but as she claims "My Show and Tell Days ended in the 4th grade." But I give her credit for locating a very nice presenting copy for the grade. It's a keeper for this all--black cover with the white contrast just doesn't show up too often:

ActionComics229_zps91b35b2a.jpg

This is my wife's comic but as she claims "My Show and Tell Days ended in the 4th grade." But I give her credit for locating a very nice presenting copy for the grade. It's a keeper for this all--black cover with the white contrast just doesn't show up too often:

Nice! I've been on the lookout for this book, had a line on one a couple of times, but debated with myself about it too long and it got snatched by someone else. Looks like the perfect grade for me.

Nice! I've been on the lookout for this book, had a line on one a couple of times, but debated with myself about it too long and it got snatched by someone else. Looks like the perfect grade for me.

Nice copy Steve. :applause: I recall checking on late 50's Action Comic books a few months ago, and thought issue 229 stood out as an issue to watch for. In addition to 229, I found issue 228 (Super skyscraper), 241 (Super-Key to the Fortress of Solitude), and 234 (see below) stood out, along of course with issues 242 and 246.

ACTN_234_zps9d0cf048.jpg

Nice copy Steve. :applause: I recall checking on late 50's Action Comic books a few months ago, and thought issue 229 stood out as an issue to watch for. In addition to 229, I found issue 228 (Super skyscraper), 241 (Super-Key to the Fortress of Solitude), and 234 (see below) stood out, along of course with issues 242 and 246.

ACTN_234_zps9d0cf048.jpg

Yes, I like that issue of 234 as well. I have a low-grade copy of that book; I like Superman stories about aliens. It's so 1950s. I always wish I could find a higher-grade copy of the 229 but I love the White Pages on this particular copy. Now issue 241 I've never been able to find. Guess I gotta keep looking.

This thread had dropped to the 3rd page down. :taptaptap:

When Steve was out here in early May for the comic con, we also visited a LCS. The store had a copy of Superman 149,

and Steve mentioned this book has one of the best stories in all of the Superman books. I have to agree, great story in this book!

SUPSX_149_zps1dee0a46.jpg

This thread had dropped to the 3rd page down. :taptaptap:

When Steve was out here in early May for the comic con, we also visited a LCS. The store had a copy of Superman 149,

and Steve mentioned this book has one of the best stories in all of the Superman books. I have to agree, great story in this book!

SUPSX_149_zps1dee0a46.jpg

That's a good one, alright.

I've got a few recent wins that I'll put up once I have them in hand.

Fairly recent buy that I don't think I have yet posted:

d3a83df3-50b5-4dba-97f0-dead742f1e99_zpsdd6afbb8.jpg

Beautiful copy from a tough period in which to find HG Superman Family Books. Congrats. You don't see that book often. :cloud9:

That was the first 10 cent Action I ever owned, bought at 1986 Comic-Con from Windy City comics, still have it too! Cover is reprinted on Superman 193:

sm193.jpg

I did get it at Comic-Con, did you go?

Nope. I couldn't get a room and I didn't feel like sleeping out on the city streets and that's a beautiful copy of Superman 193. I just love Superman Family Annuals!!

Edited by Stevenrams