• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

I'm not seeing it with these.

Well, they're both real sales. Someone had just commented on how you could stick a fork in the Byrne X-Mens. :grin:

Also if you run a 90-day sales on e-Bay Here , the Showcase 100 shows quite a few sales for what is essentially, only an aniversary issue. If you have a couple HG copies around, I'd list them. :grin:

And the Sales for X-Men 136 are hardly what I would describe as cool. (thumbs u

You guys can chase Fear #19. I'm sticking to my guns on Forever People #1. That Twin Cities 9.8 on HA has set a new high and there's still 8 days left in the auction. In spite of the pq, that pedigree probably makes it the most desirable graded copy.

meh, I prefer Jimmy Olsen 134. Yea, it's only one panel appearence, but much tougher to find in super high grade and frankly, the cover of FP1 stinks.

Yep, JO 134 is the tougher book, but there are not a ton of this in HG either. I'm not saying JO 134 is worthless, but for such a small cameo it should eventually trade at par with the FP 1. Right now the JO 134 costs a lot more. No doubt the FP 1 is trending in the right direction. I do agree on the FC though. Not Kirby's best.

You guys can chase Fear #19. I'm sticking to my guns on Forever People #1. That Twin Cities 9.8 on HA has set a new high and there's still 8 days left in the auction. In spite of the pq, that pedigree probably makes it the most desirable graded copy.

^^

Edited by whetteon

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Preview-7-1st-Rocket-Raccoon-VF-7-5-Guardians-Of-Galaxy-Beautiful-/271563669771?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3f3a74c10b

A rew, self-described 7.5 sells for $449 or something and you don't think it's real?

Here is a copy I am pretty sure I used to own, sold to a boardie here 6-8 months ago for $150 or so who did really well on it (I think I thought it was more like a 6.5, CGC was tough on it, but I think that top corner got worse somewhere between the seller and CGC than it was when I sold it)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Preview-7-CGC-5-5-OW-W-1st-Rocket-Racoon-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-/291197001084?pt=US_Comic_Magazines&hash=item43ccb19d7c

He got a $600 BIN on it. Do you think that sale is fake? Mid-grade copies selling for this much usually mean high grade copies are selling for A LOT more.

Frankly, this is a thread that will soon make me cry as this is a book I would have loaded up on as I love the cover if I saw copies for $1-$3, but because I am cheap and stupid I would have passed on them at $5-$10. The copy I did own was a $2 purchase within the last 10 years.

I sold my MP 4 and 7 for even less than I thought in January now that I looked at my records, $240 total (raw), plus I threw in a decent random MP with starlord and free shipping! CGC was tough on the grading on those two as well. Must have been cranky when they got them.

Of course, if I had 15 copies back in January I would have blown all of them out then for $130-$150 each or whatever they were worth then as it was inconceivable to me at the time that mid-grade 1st apps of a fringe character could possibly remain that high.

of course, when he has a saturday morning cartoon i guess he won't be a fringe character anymore....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Preview-7-1st-Rocket-Raccoon-VF-7-5-Guardians-Of-Galaxy-Beautiful-/271563669771?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3f3a74c10b

A rew, self-described 7.5 sells for $449 or something and you don't think it's real?

Here is a copy I am pretty sure I used to own, sold to a boardie here 6-8 months ago for $150 or so who did really well on it (I think I thought it was more like a 6.5, CGC was tough on it, but I think that top corner got worse somewhere between the seller and CGC than it was when I sold it)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Preview-7-CGC-5-5-OW-W-1st-Rocket-Racoon-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-/291197001084?pt=US_Comic_Magazines&hash=item43ccb19d7c

He got a $600 BIN on it. Do you think that sale is fake? Mid-grade copies selling for this much usually mean high grade copies are selling for A LOT more.

Same 7.5 is now back up at 549.95 So yeah it was not a real sale.