• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

-Question about the Massachusetts Pedigree-

11 posts in this topic

Specifically the Fantastic Four early issues.

Does anyone know which major dealer had them encapsulated by CGC?

I saw them on eBay back in 2002 (possibly 2003 - The memory goes first) listed all by one seller, almost all the earlier issues grading out to 9.4/9.6 white pagers.

A vague, faint memory says Metro but I'm not sure.... :preach:

Marnin Rosenberg I think. I know he sold some through Jay Parrino.

I love em. Not quite sure about FF's but I own some of the DC horror titles.

Edited by Rip

I purchased one (FF 20) raw and never got a real certificate of authenticity or anything.

If I send it in to CGC will they be able to determine it's a legit Mass copy?

From Pedigreecomics website

https://www.pedigreecomics.com/article.php?article_id=4

"The collection, approximately 4,000 comic books (and full runs of Marvel magazines) was founded in 1993 by Marnin Rosenberg, a longtime collector and dealer out of Great Neck, New York. Mr. Rosenberg responded to an advertisement in the Comic Buyer’s Guide placed by the original owner (Dennis Richard), who began selling piecemeal portions of his runs of comic books to Mr. Rosenberg, starting with the Marvels."

I purchased one (FF 20) raw and never got a real certificate of authenticity or anything.

Marnin didn't make certificates. I subbed about 20 Mass books that i had bought from him and CGC called to verify; there was no problem. I don't know what happens if you didn't buy them directly from Marnin. I believe Storms had an early crack at the FF's, he might know the answer to your first question.

Marnin didn't make certificates. I subbed about 20 Mass books that i had bought from him and CGC called to verify; there was no problem. I don't know what happens if you didn't buy them directly from Marnin. I believe Storms had an early crack at the FF's, he might know the answer to your first question.

Well TY. Nice to know I wasn't alone in not getting any CoA. :foryou:

Marnin didn't make certificates. I subbed about 20 Mass books that i had bought from him and CGC called to verify; there was no problem.

That's kind of funny, because I would've imagined that a call from CGC to Marnin would be greeted with a torrent of abuse.

I believe Storms had an early crack at the FF's, he might know the answer to your first question.

I'm wondering if the books in question might have been sold by Storms, as I remember he sold off his great FF collection around that time period to do something ridiculously extravagant like buy a house (hadn't he ever seen that Mark Hamill episode of "Amazing Stories"?). I don't recall Storms selling the FFs on eBay, but my memory gets worse and worse every year.

I'd be surprised if Marnin still had any early Massachusetts FFs by the early 2000s. They were probably among the first books to be snapped up when he brought the collection to market in the 90s.

Does anyone know who owns the 9.2 Mass. pedigree copy of House Of Mystery 190? It was listed on Comic Link's for sale section for some time at $400 before being pulled off along with several other DC Mass. horror books in April of this year. I'm desperate to buy this book.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2014 at 6:01 PM, paperheart said:

I have the Batman 222 Mass copy that I purchased off of Harley Yee years ago that I believe came with a certificate signed by Marnin.  

10 hours ago, john ivic said:

Does anyone know who owns the 9.2 Mass. pedigree copy of House Of Mystery 190? It was listed on Comic Link's for sale section for some time at $400 before being pulled off along with several other DC Mass. horror books in April of this year. I'm desperate to buy this book.

I remember some of those Mass. DC horror books being listed. I tried to buy the Ghosts #11 copy but the sale never went through on the exchange. Whoever listed them I don't think was trying really hard to sell them. 

I've got a bunch of supposedly MASS books, but really, nothing spectacular.  In fact, I've upgraded a bunch.  No CoAs.