• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,284 posts in this topic

While I certainly feel your pain (been there done that also), I think you should expound upon the details more. You are implying the book was sent directly to CGC in an 8.5 slab. If so, I think CGC owes you restitution. However, if the book was deslabbed or sent to a presser first you can't necessarily blame CGC.

Sent into CGC an (8.5) NO CHIP, came back a (6.5) WITH CHIP. Thanks CGC, your the greatest.

photo spellbound16_zps540b7654.jpg

While I certainly feel your pain (been there done that also), I think you should expound upon the details more. You are implying the book was sent directly to CGC in an 8.5 slab. If so, I think CGC owes you restitution. However, if the book was deslabbed or sent to a presser first you can't necessarily blame CGC.

It wasn't slabbed and it wasn't pressed. It was sent in raw. All I know is that I sent it to CGC with no chip. And it came back to me with a chip. Obviously the chip out of the top severly affects the grade on an otherwise great book. It just sucks, is all that I'm saying. Especially when a premium is paid for such a book.

You should contact them and file a complaint .....especially if you have "before" pictures..... it's a several hundred dollar mistake. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Everett was the master! Even with surgical masks on, Everett manages to show the shocked facial expressions on the doctor and nurse. Nice early JIM!

Cheers (thumbs u

I picked up a few Atlas books at SDCC. There were many to chose from and this onee mde it due to the cover.

I picked this up at SDCC, it sports a great Everett cover!

DSC_0002858x1280_zpsdc9b3e55.jpg

Nice buy. That an extremely tough issue to find and impossible in better than mid-grade.

Correct. Sold a copy, tried to replace it - took me ages before one became available.

Nice buy. That an extremely tough issue to find and impossible in better than mid-grade.

Correct. Sold a copy, tried to replace it - took me ages before one became available.

There was one on eBay for ages - maybe yours? When I finally decided to snag it someone had just bought it

There was one on eBay for ages - maybe yours? When I finally decided to snag it someone had just bought it

I won a copy (mid-grade) on ebay in a regular seven day auction, only a few months back, so probably not that copy.

That's a very nice copy of JIM 9, for too long I passed on too many mid/lower grade copies looking for a FN or better, I should have just bought everyone I saw - great book congrats.

Chris

Cheers (thumbs u

I was really glad when I saw this one and put it immediately into my pile.