• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

There is, John. It was a good read. You'll be happy to hear that OAAW 168 gets a little recognition. :D

Great, thanks Andy. I'm also curious to see if the "First and Only Lady of War GGA" (aka the French chick with the gun) has moved up in the ranks?

I'm looking forward to reading the War Report and admiring the great work you guys do!

John

Just back from SDCC, had a great time, saw two OAAW 83, zero OAAW 84, and three OAAW 85.

The 83's were a slabbed 7.0 off-white and a raw VG off-white. Both were really nice books but expensive, didn't hear of either one selling.

Not a single 84 to be seen, making my purchase of a raw copy a few weeks ago all the more the better.

The 85's were all priced fairly, but were too low grade for me so I didn't pick one up.

Seemed to me like there was more interest in war books at the Con this year, which is great to see!

Unfortunately there is a goof in the Guide where Mick's excellent work to highlight the grey tone covers is lost because the article didn't print correctly.

Hi folks,

Steve's right. My excel submission highlighted the washtones amongst my compiled list of month to month war comics that came out between 1952 and 1964, but Overstreet didn't include the highlights in the text, so all you see is the month to month war comics between 1952 and 1964. I get that the the market reports are in a black and white section of the OPG, so highlighting would have been unlikely unless they did it in grey; but even if they couldn't do that, they should have done something to differentiate the washtones in the runs. . .maybe bold, underline, italics, or all three. Stuff like this happens all the time in publications, but there'll be a lot of people scratching their heads over that particular entry.

For all you true believer war comics nut-cases out there, I've gone to the trouble of making the correction here. This list is how I originally submitted it to OPG. The yellow-highlighted issues are washtones. Apologies if you gotta get out your magnifying glass:

washtone_big5b_zpsded31c07.jpg

Now get out your highlighters!

There is, John. It was a good read. You'll be happy to hear that OAAW 168 gets a little recognition. :D

..... as did the Atlas group :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

And kudos to Mick again for finding this book for me at a dealer's booth at SDCC - Drucker MM :cloud9:

ede0125b-62f9-421d-ac46-2fec66dac784_zps4e0cbca5.jpg

You didn't tell me about that one Steve!

Mademoiselle Marie :cloud9:

It's not in the grade you like so didn't think it was worth mentioning.

I should have known better... Mademoiselle Marie is certainly :cloud9:

And kudos to Mick again for finding this book for me at a dealer's booth at SDCC - Drucker MM :cloud9:

I like books like that, my copy of 84 looks that way (and all of my PCH books).

I like books like that, my copy of 84 looks that way (and all of my PCH books).

All of those Maries are tough. Used to be scarce in grade, but now collectors are starting to scoop up lower grade copies because they're such a good deal and feature such a unique character. Nuclear Drucker every step of the way!

I recently got bit by the grey-tone GI Combat bug. After seeing a nice raw run of these, I had to go out and start putting my own little stash together.

My favourite run in all the DC Big 5. :luhv:

I recently got bit by the grey-tone GI Combat bug. After seeing a nice raw run of these, I had to go out and start putting my own little stash together.

My favourite run in all the DC Big 5. :luhv:

Mine too.