• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Sonja Fan Club
5 5

1,280 posts in this topic

Made a big plunge and picked this Red Sonja piece up. It's a huge painting (23x30") by Gonzalo Mayo (of Warren-era Vampirella books), and features all the things I love: hot women, monsters, skulls and big swords, all culminating in a wonderful 1980's look. Trying to find out more history on the painting - I'm not sure if it was published or a commission, but it was definitely done in the 80's.

mayoredsonja.jpg

Consequently, I finished my 30¢ variant Marvel Feature books this week, now onto the 35¢ Red Sonjas!

Very nice painting! (thumbs u What medium is it in? hm

Acrylics on paper. I think that's how it ended up getting so beat on the sides.

Made a big plunge and picked this Red Sonja piece up. It's a huge painting (23x30") by Gonzalo Mayo (of Warren-era Vampirella books), and features all the things I love: hot women, monsters, skulls and big swords, all culminating in a wonderful 1980's look. Trying to find out more history on the painting - I'm not sure if it was published or a commission, but it was definitely done in the 80's.

mayoredsonja.jpg

Consequently, I finished my 30¢ variant Marvel Feature books this week, now onto the 35¢ Red Sonjas!

Very nice painting! (thumbs u What medium is it in? hm

Acrylics on paper. I think that's how it ended up getting so beat on the sides.

Very nice artwork! (thumbs u I've been lobbying for quite some time now to have a Red Sonja commission done later this year by artist Gerald Brom. :wishluck: It will be spectacular when it is done, based on his style & my conceptual idea! :headbang:

I've been lobbying for quite some time now to have a Red Sonja commission done later this year by artist Gerald Brom. :wishluck: It will be spectacular when it is done, based on his style & my conceptual idea! :headbang:

(worship)

I can't wait to see that!

I've been lobbying for quite some time now to have a Red Sonja commission done later this year by artist Gerald Brom. :wishluck: It will be spectacular when it is done, based on his style & my conceptual idea! :headbang:

(worship)

I can't wait to see that!

lol Me too! :grin:

That page is great! I think postage is okay for that, being that it's International. That seems to be right around the cost I pay to ship Priority to Canada, I think.

You don't see a female severed head in comics very often !

:)

Speaking of...

I always wondered how much influence Red Sonja Had on Linsner's "Dawn". He did quite a few Red Sonja covers for Dynamite afterwards.

<a  href=dawn_zps9f8183c7.jpg' alt='dawn_zps9f818