• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

Hi everybody! :hi:

My first post on this forum will be to share pics for some of my favorite framed art.

One is from Franquin, the other one from Moebius. As both of them are quite small I did not want them to get "lost" in their frame. Plus the drawing itself was on the whole page, no blank border. That's why I chose a frame where the art looks like it's floating over the background (sorry if I don't have the exact terms... I'm French and we are not famous for our English skills ^^). You can see the borders and the shadow on the background. This way these arts look bigger. Both frames have exactly the same size, even if the Franquin art is smaller. Hope you'll like them as much as I do.

2cfchft.jpg1rvh2b.jpg

I also wanted a specific frame for a Mignola page, as I saw in a store a nice black frame looking like it was scratched and was red underneath. It was perfect for this page! Unfortunately the seller did not have enough of it and could not order more s this product was not available anymore. We tried to do the same kind of effect manually but the result is not as satisfactory (it looks more like paint stains that scratches with different layers) and I'll probably change it one day :-/

2z6t35y.jpg

Edited by NicoV

Love those "floating" mattes (or whatever they are) and that is a sweet Mignola page. Really dig the white and red mattes!

Keep the posts coming, guys. This is my favorite thread around here. Gives me a vicarious thrill when I don't have $$$ to spend on framing stuff (because I'm spending it on more art that I therefore won't be able to afford to frame!)

Love those "floating" mattes (or whatever they are) and that is a sweet Mignola page. Really dig the white and red mattes!

Keep the posts coming, guys. This is my favorite thread around here. Gives me a vicarious thrill when I don't have $$$ to spend on framing stuff (because I'm spending it on more art that I therefore won't be able to afford to frame!)

Yeah, I know the feeling! lol

Just took these pics and shared them on another thread but maybe this one was more appropiate

eeffe8.jpg

thanks,

Matthew

Matthew,

Is that the David Kracov Pinky and the Brain Checkers set?!?!? If I may ask, what number do you have?

Yes sir that is a David Kracov Pinky and the Brain hand made Checkers set. I dont recalll the exact number. It is written on the board and the way its positioned in my display makes for a pain in the to read it. I will see if I can get it for ya. Do you have one? They are great. Its my only checkers set. Everything else is chess. The Hollywood Looney Tunes chess set in the top shelf to the the left is also a Kracov Creation which was limited to 25.

thanks,

Matthew

Was really excited to get this framed up, as I knew it would really clean up the overall look. It had leftover masking tape adhered to the paper, chips and rough edges - it's hard to imagine that this painting was just so poorly taken care of and beat up over time.

Not to mention, replacing this krappy fuzzy phone picture with a well-lit camera shot that really brings out the detail in the work.

Before:

mayoredsonja.jpg

After:

GONZALO_40D.jpg

Thanks, guys! When I first unpacked it, I was happily surprised at how rich the colors were in-person. It's really a beauty with that black mat helping to pop the colors.

I'm sure the Mrs. isn't happy, if you don't still have my address I'll resend it so you can ditch that horrible marital unaid.

lol

It wouldn't be the first time I had to get rid of a piece of art for a harmonious household...