• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I'm curious to see how much the OA cover for #14 went at the cbldf auction last night, anyone know?

$2500, sold to a dealer.

The signings with Nick Dragotta went great. I'll post more later this week, including a few pics of the commissions he completed. I tweeted during the show, but will add more details here when I've decompressed. Now looking forward to NYCC, which is shaping up to be even more crazy!

It was nice meeting you last week. (thumbs u

Very nice to meet you, too!

And very cool to meet all the other boardies who stopped by to say hello. Nick does very few shows a year, but I am happy to announce that he has confirmed NYCC this fall. And Nick Pitarra will also be there. As I mentioned to some of you via PM, I set aside a small stack of our exclusive "Double Feature" print for NYCC…this was why. And with any luck…there may be a third signature that will look quite nice on that print as well;) See you East Coasters in Oct!

I'm curious to see how much the OA cover for #14 went at the cbldf auction last night, anyone know?

$2500, sold to a dealer.

:shy:

EoW_14_zps6ebdfc89.jpg

This was my one and only splurge of the con this year. Went to the CBLDF auction initially just to watch, and assumed this one would get stoopid money simply because of the fact that it's the first piece of EoW OA to market - then was surprised by how much I really liked this one in person, and decided to bid at the last second. And...due to my last-minute decision to bid, and an epic fail of miscommunication, ended up bidding against a friend at the end, thus driving the price up $500 higher than where it would have ended if we had just discussed our plans in advance. :facepalm:

At least the tax write off knocks the price down to a much more reasonable price point. And...at the end, just excited to add it to my inventory collection. ;)

I'm going to own this cover in blue tomorrow morning...well, maybe a copy of this cover. I love East of West Wednesday. Haha ! :grin:

Issue 14: Good, not great, not because the book takes a step back or anything, the last two issues are just really hard to follow up, and continuing that pace is nearly impossible. Love where it leaves off, because it seems like issue 15 will be another wild one.

Issue 14: Good, not great, not because the book takes a step back or anything, the last two issues are just really hard to follow up, and continuing that pace is nearly impossible. Love where it leaves off, because it seems like issue 15 will be another wild one.

Agreed. There is a ton of build-up going on. My only fear is that the title is coming to an end. Has Hickman mentioned a set number of issues? Surely the end of the world can't go on forever...

well whatever..great book.

Agreed. There is a ton of build-up going on. My only fear is that the title is coming to an end. Has Hickman mentioned a set number of issues? Surely the end of the world can't go on forever...

They have mentioned at least 60 issues several times. :banana:

Nowhere near the end still planned for at least #50 issues last i herd. (thumbs u

Nowhere near the end still planned for at least #50 issues last i herd. (thumbs u

50 or 60 sounds good to me :cool:

In reference to #14, I feel the same as you guys. This book is like a game of chess. The pieces/players are in constant movement and building toward a huge payoff. Issue #13 was huge and I think that even people who only read superhero books would love it. You can't do that every issue. There just aren't enough characters in this universe...yet. :devil:

I'm not complaining about the book at all. I was just pointing out that it is near impossible to make it better every month. There is only so good a story can get and #13 was the peak imo. I would still rather read #14 over 90% of the books on the market.

I just read #13 (a little behind)... A great issue :applause:

One of the best comics I've read in a while because of the not so obvious twist. I just read #14 again ( first time I read it, I was in a hurry and had a million other things to do) and it struck me as better the 2nd time around. All hell is breaking loose in a metaphorical and literal sense. Each faction seems very powerful but each also has a chink in their armor..except the Endless Nation. I've seen no weakness there to this point.

Followed The Authority in reading #14 again... Intense!

Someone posted this multiversity comics blog about East of West here I think. Warning, has tons of spoilers:

http://multiversitycomics.com/tag/this-american-death/

He digs deep into each comic. I reread from #1 for a quick look back.