• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
45 45

17,941 posts in this topic

Just received my 1st batch of comics back from CGC! The anticipation has been killing me since it was my first time submitting books to CGC (went to my 1st convention in a decade ~ Big Wow) and didn't know the turnaround was going to be this long! Next time I'll definitely switch a few options around, as I chose Modern tier w/ UPS Ground.

Results:

IMG_1618_zpsaca4b867.jpg

IMG_1615_zpsf28f3aec.jpg

IMG_1617_zps10701ab7.jpg

IMG_1613_zps7e2ee2e3.jpg

IMG_1616_zps8582afb7.jpg

IMG_1614_zps4e4e52ee.jpg

I was literally in shock, surprised, and happy about these grades! What's really special is that all of these comics I submitted were purchased from my childhood days, around 15-16 years ago. I remember I was in 8th grade when I purchased that Amazing Spider-Man #300 for around $20-$30 and that was damn expensive back then for me! Did not expect these type of grades as well as all of them labeled "White Pages"! I'm definitely looking forward to submitting more books in the future!

Edited by King Midas

Why is She-Hulk so popular the past few weeks? Am I missing something?

Relatively cheap and easy to find first appearance in high grade. If she ends up in one of these dopey movies...cha ching.

Edited by Logan510

Thanks Awax!

I've always been really picky about the condition of the comics I buy, even before getting this batch back. Although I was picky, I never had confidence in myself on giving a correct/accurate grade on a comic (which is why I rarely ever sold raw comics). However after getting this batch (or getting the grades higher than you would think), it definitely boosted up my confidence in picking comics that would potentially be in high grade condition!

Edited by King Midas

Just received my 1st batch of comics back from CGC! The anticipation has been killing me since it was my first time submitting books to CGC (went to my 1st convention in a decade ~ Big Wow) and didn't know the turnaround was going to be this long! Next time I'll definitely switch a few options around, as I chose Modern tier w/ UPS Ground.

Results:

IMG_1618_zpsaca4b867.jpg

IMG_1615_zpsf28f3aec.jpg

IMG_1617_zps10701ab7.jpg

IMG_1613_zps7e2ee2e3.jpg

IMG_1616_zps8582afb7.jpg

IMG_1614_zps4e4e52ee.jpg

I was literally in shock, surprised, and happy about these grades! What's really special is that all of these comics I submitted were purchased from my childhood days, around 15-16 years ago. I remember I was in 8th grade when I purchased that Amazing Spider-Man #300 for around $20-$30 and that was damn expensive back then for me! Did not expect these type of grades as well as all of them labeled "White Pages"! I'm definitely looking forward to submitting more books in the future!

Nice books :applause:

Got my first submission back yesterday! Also, at the end are two that I had graded on-site at the Philadelphia Comic Con (WW).

Sorry for the awful cell phone pics! I'll be investing in a scanner soon...

Cheers!

imagejpg7.jpg

imagejpg9.jpg

imagejpg10.jpg

imagejpg5.jpg

imagejpg1.jpg

imagejpg2.jpg

imagejpg4.jpg

imagejpg3.jpg

And these... from Philly...

imagejpg6.jpg

BAM!

imagejpg8.jpg

Thanks for reading/looking!!

Got my first submission back yesterday! Also, at the end are two that I had graded on-site at the Philadelphia Comic Con (WW).

Cheers!

imagejpg7.jpg

imagejpg9.jpg

imagejpg10.jpg

imagejpg5.jpg

imagejpg1.jpg

imagejpg2.jpg

imagejpg4.jpg

imagejpg3.jpg

And these... from Philly...

imagejpg6.jpg

BAM!

imagejpg8.jpg

Just love your recent purchases. Great books. That Adventure Comics 210 is one of my favorite DC books and very hard to locate even in the lower and mid-grades. Congrats!! :cloud9:

Just love your recent purchases. Great books. That Adventure Comics 210 is one of my favorite DC books and very hard to locate even in the lower and mid-grades. Congrats!! :cloud9:

Thanks! I've actually owned all of these books for quite some time now.... just got around to grading them is all. And yeah, I love the Adventure Comics 210 too! Krypto was a huge favorite of mine growing up.

Those OAAW are awesome! A great sub.

HPIM0860_zps289289a2.jpg

My first ever submission! Had them pressed first. The MP7 got a 6.0-6.5 in the Please Grade Me forum and came back a 6.5 ow/w. The MP4 shocked me: I had it pegged at 7.5-8.0, but it came back a 9.2 ow/w! Very, very pleased.

Edited by Reader's Copy