• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

I had a garage sale on Saturday, sold over 1000 comics at 50 cents a pop in under 90 minutes. And I've gotten a lot of inquiries about other stuff I have, and from people that missed it. It was a lot of fun, great way to clean out unwanted books.

I had a garage sale on Saturday, sold over 1000 comics at 50 cents a pop in under 90 minutes. And I've gotten a lot of inquiries about other stuff I have, and from people that missed it. It was a lot of fun, great way to clean out unwanted books.

That's good info. Was it mostly mainstream stuff that moved, or did anything surprise you?

That's good info. Was it mostly mainstream stuff that moved, or did anything surprise you?

I sold more than I thought...but it did help I had solid runs/chunks of popular marvel titles. I had other stuff I forgot to put out; I think I might do this once or twice a year. Next time I'll shoot you a pm and you can check it out...

Wow. THAT is an amazing find. Toad alone sells for up tp $60 or so.

Great score!

Peace,

Chip

And I had no clue what they were really worth. I looked at the comics first and saw 4 of the Marvel Legends figures laying on the driveway. As soon as I picked them up the wife said "we have a bunch more to get rid of and they brought out a toteful of them and the various Pez dispensers from the garage. I just knew I couldn't go wrong at $3 a pop. :)

UPDATE - I listed all 18 of the Marvel Legends figures on eBay and have already sold 7 of them for $252.00. (thumbs u

I picked up 4 long boxes for $200 from a garage sale this morning. Mostly 80s and 90s books, but there was a gem or two in the boxes. ;)

The best part about it was looking at the old price tags - $70 for a set of Emerald Dawn, $20 for a Turok #1, etc. It brought back memories of the insanity of the early 90s. lol

Box #4:

DavidGarageSaleLotBox4_zpsd34fc5d0.jpg

Box #3:

DavidGarageSaleLotBox3_zpsbfd23b07.jpg

Box #2:

DavidGarageSaleLotBox2_zpsd9678352.jpg

Box #1:

DavidGarageSaleLotBox1B_zps8b65bd1f.jpg

DavidGarageSaleLotBox1A_zps2d121f35.jpg

I love COPPER!! Great pickups, man a solar 10, that's a great book, I don't think I've ever found one of those in the wild.

No Harbinger?

The Harbinger run started at #5, just like X-O. There are other Valiant runs (Eternal Warrior, A&A, Bloodshot, Shadowman) from #1 up to around #10, but they were not worth taking a pic of.

Here is another Copper lot I snagged from Kijiji about a month ago - 1000+ books for $500. I have gone through two long boxes of material so far. One box is destined for the dollar bins, but the other has some decent runs like New Teen Titans #1-12, Jonah Hex #1-54, Star Wars #35 - 55, JLA #171-191, a few Whitman pre-pack only issues (Donald Duck #222 is the best of them) etc. in nice shape. Here are a few pics:

LaclaBichelot_zps6630ae73.jpg

LaclaBichelotGroup2_zpsa52eb2a0.jpg

LaclaBichelotgroup1_zpsedfd5d9f.jpg

Here is another Copper lot I snagged from Kijiji about a month ago - 1000+ books for $500. I have gone through two long boxes of material so far. One box is destined for the dollar bins, but the other has some decent runs like New Teen Titans #1-12, Jonah Hex #1-54, Star Wars #35 - 55, JLA #171-191, a few Whitman pre-pack only issues (Donald Duck #222 is the best of them) etc. in nice shape. Here are a few pics:

Were all the keys on top like the boxes say? :shy:

Were all the keys on top like the boxes say? :shy:

:roflmao:

1c941238-3a2b-4e79-99a0-0314d28bb7ae_zps3ee15d06.jpg

Traveling around Northern New Mexico (Cimmarron & Taos drive rocked!) and ran across these. One of my fave niches are the price variants no matter what the title.

Reading about finds in the wild keeps me on the lookout even more; gracias for sharing all your treasure finding tales/pics and this thread has taught me tons about other collectible interests.

Happy Hunting!

1c941238-3a2b-4e79-99a0-0314d28bb7ae_zps3ee15d06.jpg

Traveling around Northern New Mexico (Cimmarron & Taos drive rocked!) and ran across these. One of my fave niches are the price variants no matter what the title.

Reading about finds in the wild keeps me on the lookout even more; gracias for sharing all your treasure finding tales/pics and this thread has taught me tons about other collectible interests.

Happy Hunting!

Nice 30 cent price variants! :applause: