• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOW from Image Comics by Remender, Tocchini, et al

149 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the boards. Well, I've actually been lurking for quite a while, and even made an account in the past year, but never had the confidence to actually post. I've never actually participated in a forum discussion in my life and so don't know what to expect. Guess I wanted to avoid potential embarrassment. I am happy though that I decided to change my mind and see how I could help in discussions!

I've been anticipating Low #1 since the announcement. I love science fiction, and yet nothing beats the mystery of the ocean floor. In my wait I've found various retailer exclusives (I just don't know how to post images):

Newbury Comics

The Comic Bug

Forbidden Planet/Jetpack Comics

San Diego Comic Con

Any guesses if there will be more to follow in the next few days?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Low-1-IMAGE-COMICS-LOT-NM-SDCC-EXCLUSIVE-JETPACK-NEWBURY-VARIANTS-/221506866954?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3392d68f0a

With the release date mere hours away and all the covers revealed, I'm curious to know each member's favorite. I personally like the Newbury Comics one the most, followed by The Comic Bug's. Then again, I restrict my choice of cover until I have read the issue in full.

The Authority, I believe the one you like is the SDCC one, yes?

Finally got around to reading the preview exclusive from SDCC. Loved the art and am very, very intrigued as to where this story is going. Looking forward to issue 2.

Also, almost every copy I looked at for this book (went through about 100 copies in 3 days, and just stopped trying to find a good copy after that) had printing defects on the front cover. Looked like someone chewed up the middle of the page. With only 500 copies, this is going to be a hard book to find in high grade.

With the release date mere hours away and all the covers revealed, I'm curious to know each member's favorite. I personally like the Newbury Comics one the most, followed by The Comic Bug's. Then again, I restrict my choice of cover until I have read the issue in full.

The Authority, I believe the one you like is the SDCC one, yes?

Correctamundo ( I miss Fonzie lol )' I think it looks fantastic but I would be very happy with most of these covers. I've managed to get only 1 SDCC cover and I feel very lucky to have that ( thank you friend ) . :D

I loved the story and 90% of the art. Some of the pages seemed a little distorted but I think that was intentional so I can live with it. What I can't live with is that someone mentioned that there were similarities in reference to damaged covers like we experienced with Southern Bastards. I bought a few copies and sure enough, heavy indent ones on the back. That will teach me to trust an already bagged book.

Ah, but the story is off to such a great start, I'm going to pretend I didn't see the dings. lol

I loved the story and 90% of the art. Some of the pages seemed a little distorted but I think that was intentional so I can live with it. What I can't live with is that someone mentioned that there were similarities in reference to damaged covers like we experienced with Southern Bastards. I bought a few copies and sure enough, heavy indent ones on the back. That will teach me to trust an already bagged book.

Ah, but the story is off to such a great start, I'm going to pretend I didn't see the dings. lol

I really enjoyed it too. The story was intriguing and it seemed jam packed for a first issue.

I 100% agree on the art. Some of it was odd, but I think that was intentional. It had a neat style and look.

The bigger surprise is the buzz surrounding a Remender story. It seemed like everyone was hating on him following his Cap debacle. This was a good book though and I enjoyed it.