• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

What kind of ceiling do we think something like the RRP #1 has, or is such a thing just impossible to predict?

You're fishing. How many fish do you catch an hour?

Depends on past experiences and variables involved.

The future can never be 100% predicted accurately.....but those that accurately monitor the past, carefully weigh as many variables as possible, can come up with pretty damn good predictive models of the most probable and likely outcomes.

No idea...

It's at a pretty nice price as it is.

I don't ever see this getting adapted to a movie or TV series (which isn't a bad thing), so those speculators will never get on the Saga bandwagon to drive the prices up even more.

What does a regular Saga #1 go for?

Seems as though an ungraded but very good condition one, can sell for anything from roughly $70 to $150 on eBay.

With #1 9.8 CGC's usually going in the $200-$300 range or so.

Edited by ChipsWinston

I kinda hope he never let's the rights get optioned.

I don't think it would translate very well at all.

Maybe a well made adult animated series. But how many of those are out there?

I kinda share that sentiment as it's pretty damn perfect how it is.....but given everything he's said I think the most important thing is that he wouldn't really even consider it until the series is done.

In 5-10 years tho? When technology and CGI have advanced even further....I think ThoseBackPages may be right and we'll see some form of it on screen.

An adult oriented animation version would definitely be the way to go imo, because a live-action version would almost assuredly be a watered down PG-13 version of it, in an attempt to turn it into a franchise of sorts, imo.

Ultimately what matters most is the original material tho.....Shakespeare can be interpreted as infinitum, but it always comes back to how flawless the source material is on it's own.

What kind of ceiling do we think something like the RRP #1 has, or is such a thing just impossible to predict?

You're fishing. How many fish do you catch an hour?

Depends on past experiences and variables involved.

The future can never be 100% predicted accurately.....but those that accurately monitor the past, carefully weigh as many variables as possible, can come up with pretty damn good predictive models of the most probable and likely outcomes.

lol

No.

From SDCC:

The writer stated, as he had in accepting the continuing series Eisner Award the previous night, that he sees comics as a superior medium that can do things that film and television can’t do, and that with “Saga” he wanted to do something that was purely a comic book.

But, he added, “If Paul Thomas Anderson says, ‘Hey, I want to do a “Saga” movie’ – all right.”

Staples didn’t object to the comics-only approach, but does look at hypothetical cast lists that fans post online. Her favorite suggestions: Godfrey Gao (“The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones”) for Marko, and Freema Agyeman (“Doctor Who”) for Alana.

I was at sdcc the last few days and I was bummed that I didn't attend the saga panel. Seemed like it was great!

Also, bkv really loves keeping his readers on their toes.

“Her parents are a very important part of her life now,” said Vaughan, who hasn’t been shy about killing off “Saga” characters. “But they might not always be.”

After the audience’s mournful reaction to that, he jokingly offered, “Or maybe they’ll always be!”

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/comics/comic-con-sagas-brian-k-vaughan-fiona-staples-on-raising-hazel/

Edited by jreezy

Always the threat of the bottom dropping out, but I think Saga #1 RRPs will be coveted for quite some time.

90 Day GPA for a RRP is $727.00.

12 month Average is $635.00.

Looks like it may be crawling up some again.

There are a ton of regular #1 9.8s out there.

You can be patient, and get one when you find it for the right price.

Thanks for the input Vikingreed.....pulled the trigger on my first CGC....

$_57.JPG