• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gen 13
1 1

226 posts in this topic

So did anyone see the teaser for the new Gen 13 team in Supergirl 33? What did you think?

:headbang:

I gotta check that out. I think you pm'd me about that, but I thought it was to the wrong boardie because I don't read DC!

:lol: I just thought you were ignoring me!

FYI - EVERY copy of Supergirl 33 I found had spine ticks. It's only a two page preview in the very back of the book but I'm probably going to have to get one when someone offers up a slab on Ebay unless I find one tomorrow while I'm in Atlanta.

Same here, couldn't find many copies at all at LCS, and the ones I found were all dinged.

Well I guarantee it was under-ordered. I was right in thinking I would still be able to find a copy but everywhere I've been they were bad. I'll try one place today and then maybe a spot in Atlanta tomorrow.

This is one of those stories that I think shows how I can be tenacious regarding some things.

After first seeing the DIY cover in 1995, it became a quest to one day have J Scott Campbell draw Fairchild on one. I would see Campbell many times over the years, but many a time he declined due to long lines, and other things.

It was during C2E2 in 2010, that I made my fifth attempt (and I had been trying for 15 years). I was one of the first few people in line, and I explained to Campbell how long I had been attempting to get a sketch. Of course, I was polite about it, and was more than willing to understand if he said 'sorry' again.

However, I still remember him going, "well, there is a long line of people, but you've been waiting for this for such a long time, that I'll do it."

It was rather gracious, in that he had been detained getting to the convention center, and many of us had waited an extra hour or so for him to arrive.

And so, over the course of 5 minutes, I watched as Campbell went from mechanical pencils, to the final inks. And so, a bucket list item had been attained...I had wanted this since I was 15 years old, and at the age of 30, I had an original Campbell sketch all to myself! As well, his image of Fairchild is usually how I think of her: as a rather cute/shy girl, who doesn't seem to realize just how hot she is.

jsc1m.jpg

This is a very cool story.

Makes me like Campbell even more.

I miss this thread. Anybody else got some nice Gen 13's?

Been a love and hate for me lately. Can't find the ones I need to complete my collection :( Might just sell all of them and forget I ever love this series :(

They can be had out of dollar bins at this point. Only one I have trouble finding with regularity is the Wildcats one. Or maybe it was Union?

I think I remember seeing someone on here post a bunch of them that they had slabbed. Sadly, I think slabbing these though make them less cool because you can't lay them out together anymore afterwards.

I loved this series so much when it launched, I gobbled up every single variant produced, including all of those American Entertainment covers, etc. (Kinda miss those days sometimes).

Sold them all back when I sold my collection in the early 2000's.

Lately I've put all of the Campbell run together via 25 and 50 cent bins. It's a fun run to collect, and dirt cheap right now. But Rule of 25 + JSC art tells me that someday these may rebound a bit. The #1 that used to sell for $50+ may not ever be worth that much again, but I'd expect it will bounce back from the 25 cents I keep buying them for. Later issues (the ongoing series and onward) are easy to find, but I never pass up any copy from the original miniseries if I can find them in nice shape for a buck or less.

They can be had out of dollar bins at this point. Only one I have trouble finding with regularity is the Wildcats one. Or maybe it was Union?

I think I remember seeing someone on here post a bunch of them that they had slabbed. Sadly, I think slabbing these though make them less cool because you can't lay them out together anymore afterwards.

yup.... here you go guys

interlocking cover by portacio

This, Harbinger #1, and Evil Ernie #1 are my hoard books. Can't stop buying them if they're cheap enough. All of my Ernie and Harby's are in slabs, but I still have a bunch of Gen 13's raw.

EyLMyY.jpg

hMBlJJ.jpg

2nd pic are the chromium and 2nd print variants.

I also have a couple of 9.8's and a news stand 9.8 (which is pretty much impossible, and I searched for a looooong time to find a raw one to slab)

This is probably one of very few books that was huge in the 90's that hasn't made a comeback yet. I have faith.