• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Early" Action Comics Club (#1-24)
9 9

1,479 posts in this topic

Action Comics #10 CGC .5 Restored is going to be in Clink's auction.

LINK

that poor book has seen better days, I think this may be the one Harley Lee had at Chicago con that I looked at way back around 2006.

Recently came back from CCS. Chose not to slab it. It looks perfectly fine in a double mylar and full back :)

Spine was split with tape stains and some paper loss on the back cover. Also was a taped tear extending into the front cover. The first wrap was pretty rough as well and needed leaf casting. Obviously extensive work but it looks great now.

vxyzj4.jpg

2rctzea.jpg

LINK

book sold raw on Heritage in 2009 for $1,553.50. if someone was interested, they should check out the large Heritage scans in their archives. :)

LINK

book sold raw on Heritage in 2009 for $1,553.50. if someone was interested, they should check out the large Heritage scans in their archives. :)

It probably sold that high on Heritage back then because it was described as being complete. Unfortunately, the cf is missing and so is the last page. Also, even the cover must be very brittle as it has lost pieces over the years :(

Recently came back from CCS. Chose not to slab it. It looks perfectly fine in a double mylar and full back :)

Spine was split with tape stains and some paper loss on the back cover. Also was a taped tear extending into the front cover. The first wrap was pretty rough as well and needed leaf casting. Obviously extensive work but it looks great now.

vxyzj4.jpg

2rctzea.jpg

Show off. (worship)

I have my second early action! :whee:

Thanks to StingerMcK and his grail chasing, I'm now the proud owner of a #19. :acclaim:

My #17 now has a friend. :cloud9:

It was getting lonely with all these Timelys around.

Seeing them together, the green ACTION text stands out and looks really nice!

14777496635_7783f34440_h.jpg

Since it's raw I had to read it and take a few pics. I thought this page was pretty cool.

14777489485_37608f7ddc_c.jpg

Is this ad the first published art of the Flash and Hawkman?

14777141392_e469b5711b_c.jpg

I'm also thrilled to now have two December 1939 cover dated comics!

I love imaging how these would look together at the newsstands.

14754495616_38e0495ec4_h.jpg

I hope I can add Actions #13, #15, #20, and #21 someday.

Congrats :applause:

And yes, the last page of Action #19 (along with at least Adventure #45) features the earliest published art of Flash and Hawkman. Ads for books are awesome :applause:

The ad I posted from Action #19 is in the middle of the book.

Is it on the last page of adventure?

I know what you mean. For an early comics buff, and especially for an early DC comics buff, there's something magical about that year.

I really like seeing the big '1939' with the month in the upper right corner of the DCs... kinda wish they'd kept doing that through the 40s.

Congrats :applause:

And yes, the last page of Action #19 (along with at least Adventure #45) features the earliest published art of Flash and Hawkman. Ads for books are awesome :applause:

The ad I posted from Action #19 is in the middle of the book.

Is it on the last page of adventure?

Yep, last page on the Adventure #45.

I know what you mean. For an early comics buff, and especially for an early DC comics buff, there's something magical about that year.

I really like seeing the big '1939' with the month in the upper right corner of the DCs... kinda wish they'd kept doing that through the 40s.

Me too! Were there any other publishers that had the year on the cover during 39-46?