• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

The modern forum is so biased. The only reason RR is being hyped more than Groot is because people were able to buy RR #1-4, Hulk #271-272, Marvel Age #25, Annihilators #3. There was nothing like that for Groot.

I guess we'll see in a week.

Yes I'm sure its the bias of the modern forum that is the cause of this. And that it has nothing to do with Rocket being at the forefront of the marketing campaign for the movie or Groot's inability to speak and be understood that would cause a person to favor the raccoon over the tree.

I agree. I think all the Rocket speculation is because thats the most obvious (any likely smartest) bet if you're paying attention to how Marvel is marketing. Even without Marvel's direction, I feel like the talking Racoon is the no brainer pick if your counting on a new (younger) audience to drive up the price of certain books.

Not saying no one would talk up a book just to see the price rise, I know it happens, but I haven't personally felt like that's what's going on in the modern section, with regards to the Guardian of the Galaxy movie/comics.

Edited by AntBrown

The modern forum is so biased. The only reason RR is being hyped more than Groot is because people were able to buy RR #1-4, Hulk #271-272, Marvel Age #25, Annihilators #3. There was nothing like that for Groot.

I guess we'll see in a week.

I hope people start scrambling for those early Groot appearances, oh wait there aren't any. This character has fewer appearance than RR and that's really saying something. I really hope there's a high demand for those Nick Fury issues, Sensations Spider-Man -1 and Supernaturals 4 but I'm not holding my breath.

Rick Remenders Fear Agent seems to be getting hot, maybe people finally realize how awesome this book is. #1 sells well at $25-30.

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Fear+agent+1&_pgn=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_PrefLoc=0&_sop=1&LH_Sold=1&from=refine

LOVE me some Fear Agent.

I really wish it would come back in some form.

If people pay for #1, wait till they realize the low print run on a few of the issues.

Patrick

Rick Remenders Fear Agent seems to be getting hot, maybe people finally realize how awesome this book is. #1 sells well at $25-30.

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Fear+agent+1&_pgn=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_PrefLoc=0&_sop=1&LH_Sold=1&from=refine

It helps that Remenders is getting some good exposure with Captain America, Black Science, and now Low. I don't have an opinion on Captain America; but I love Black Science, have high hopes for Low, and always thought Fear Agent was an underrated book. Issue 3 and 4 are not easy to find.

Edited by rjrjr

It helps that Remenders is getting some good exposure with Captain America, Black Science, and now Low. I don't have an opinion on Captain America; but I love Black Science, have high hopes for Low, and always thought Fear Agent was an underrated book. Issue 3 and 4 are not easy to find.

Don't forget Deadly Class - my personal favorite of his recent outpouring.

Love Deadly Class, last issue was amazing, those final 2 pages WOW. Visually stunning.

Unfortunately, it wasn't a title I picked up. You can't go wrong with Remender doing science fiction.

Unfortunately, it wasn't a title I picked up. You can't go wrong with Remender doing science fiction.

No arguments from me there, I'm enjoying Black Science, and I have the Fear Agent library editions and I'm happy with those too!

Really looking forward to Low as well - if it is as good as I hear, he is on an amazing tear.

Outcast

It's selling for over $100 I'm CGC 9.8

Outcast is the perfect storm imo. Like Batman which has about 50,000 more #1s than monthly readers, I can see this #1 heating up even more despite the print run.

It has Kirkman, TV deal, and subject matter that intrigues many people.