• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goon appreciation thread :)
5 5

1,060 posts in this topic

I'm resurrecting this bizzy from the depths.

When is the new format Goon coming out?

We need Goon back. Strong and fresh and on-schedule. Preferably a single continuous story (which is likely with the Hellboy-style arcs).

We need the Powell that made this character strong and wouldn't quit after Avatar and Albatross, and Dark Horse. Not the one that seemed far too worried about the success of others and his "failure" (the childish Superman Red/Blue cover and the Twilight cover as examples).

Pat

Damn, ask and ye shall receive!!!

Awesome.

That Occasion of Revenge looks like a Sixth Gun homage.

I sure would LOVE a Sixth Gun/Goon cross-over. Goon versus an army of the mud-beasts would be great.

Pat

I REALLY disliked the Jack Davis cover.

To me, not the best choice when trying to rejuvenate the franchise.

Picked up the #1 today. Really looking forward to reading it. Felt a bit more like the old fun Goon.

Patrick

Wow,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CGC-9-8-Goon-1-Dark-Horse-Year-2003-White-Pages-/261507821725?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3ce314b09d&nma=true&si=si9rkVNvmtiwVoCKATfpkj2HP4Q%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

For #1 Dark Horse, that's a nice price to get.

Surprised that DH #1 does well. Even raw it's not too bad.

$125 for July 31st too.

Patrick

I also prefer it when the tone is lighter, but to me, the book is at its best when it's funny AND serious. Not an easy balance to strike, but Powell did it so well in the first 20 issues or so. He's a victim of his own impossibly high standards...the later issues suffer in comparison, but taken on their own, they're still quality work. Fans don't appreciate the doubles when they got used to home runs.

Just read the second issue in this new mini ("Occasion of Revenge"). Enjoying it a lot. Not peak GOON, but it's close. I'm in 'til the end.