• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I personally hope that both Marvel & DC support ONE ANOTHER during each and every venture that their properties make to the silver screen.

Honestly... ANY win on either side is a BIG WIN for us goon fanboys ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

I personally hope that both Marvel & DC support ONE ANOTHER during each and every venture that their properties make to the silver screen.

Honestly... ANY win on either side is a BIG WIN for us goon fanboys ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

Kevin Feige has actually said this about the 'BvS vs. Cap3' supposed competition, where if both companies play their cards right everyone wins in the end. It's silly to just make it a competition, other than to challenge each other's standards to take them to a higher quality level.

:wishluck:

True. Competition between the two (beyond for the sake of improving quality) is at best ridiculous fanboy'ery akin to football holigans...and at worst detrimental to the hobby.

Any comics fan should be happy if DC or Marvel has success and create great content.

amen....it is media driven/hype also because every channels that cover SDCC are talking about this "competition" with everyone foaming at the mouth.....geesh...

silly at best.

She is the strongest link. All the nonsense about her muscles has been silly nonsense. She's a knockout. WW is a superheroine -- superpowered. She doesn't need to look like a linebacker. She needs to look gorgeous. GG looks gorgeous.

Amen

+1

She looks powerful, and thank goodness she does not look campy. She's also very tall, even with those 2 inch heels she's close to Cavill and Affleck.

Wonder Woman should be powerful...I like the look of the costume a lot and I'm not usually a fan of browns, but bright red/white and blue would take away from her look and it wouldn't go with her skintones.

I'm not sure about the sword, that's a little too like Zena, but she was great..and I have not read the newest series so maybe WW has a sword in those.

It's true, she came from an Island, not our mainland. Looks like an interesting choice and I always was happy with Affleck for Batman, so I'm glad to hear a little less moaning about him;)

The sword is a big part of her new 52 appearances across all media, including a shield. Other times a spear, and of course the lasso.

Honestly she looks like she just walked out of the game: Injustice Gods Among Us.

Thank the powers that be I lifted that BvS video off youtube when I could....looks like the pimp hand of WB/DC is strong on not letting it sit unchecked to view.

What Kevin Smith suggested would happen when any details came out about the Trinity happened yesterday. And especially with that Dark Knight Returns reference, the Instagram, Tweets, articles and general posting went nuts with just that tiny bit of details.

Imagine what the box office is going to look like when this hits the theaters.

money-and-boy-animated.gif

Now I want the real Jason Momoa and Dwayne Johnson news to come out. Aquaman or Lobo? Captain Marvel or Black Adam? Doomsday or Darkseid?

:popcorn:

So watching the teaser got me to thinking about source material that could hypothetically be mined for a Batman vs Superman movie. I'm trying to think of comic stories where they really went head-to-head... not a brief 'misunderstanding' preceding a teamup or what have you, but with both characters actively trying to take the other down. I can only come up with

--The Dark Knight Returns

--Kingdom Come

--Superman: Red Son

--Injustice Gods Among Us

Can you guys think of any more?

Can't wait for this! BvS is going to slaughter everything at the box office come 2016. WW looks fantastic and I have no issues whatsoever with the outfit. Gal Gadot is gorgeous and perfect for this role, IMHO.

For and giggles, I did a quick photoshop mock-up using WW's 'true' colors, not too shabby, but this is coming from someone who doesn't have any beef with the current color scheme either, so... Regardless, I'm one of those annoying person's that likes to take a wait and see approach to how the character and costume plays out when all is said and done. Peace.

1zc0l69.jpg

This looks great. Why does color scare comic book movie makers?

Jason Momoa still holding back on Aquaman confirmation

--------------------------------

ShockYa: On that note, it seems as though one could take that as tacit confirmation of the popular hot rumor of you being cast in a cameo role as Aquaman in the “Dawn of Justice” movie.

Jason Momoa: I mean, everyone keeps asking me about that, man. (laughs) We’ll see.

ShockYa: So can we make some news here?

Jason Momoa: I have no new news. We’ll just have to wait for 2016, and see what happens.

--------------------------------

But one of the comments about that article made a few good points about strict marketing control and timing.

He is contracted not to say anything, just like the Rock is not allowed, remember zack said that theres a strict marketing plan in place for the DCCU, information will be drip fed throughout till 2015 comic con, the photographer who took the trinity pics even said on his twitter that they are working towards New York 2015 comic con so by then we will know everything.

October 2015?