• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

Woodgod is a 1 issue superhero based on the god Pan drawn by Keith Giffen and was so dumb it flopped badly

Yeah, but why was it so bad?

I mean you've been panning it (geddit) for months!

to be honest-- I wasn't quite sure what they were referring to myself until someone said they bought an issue that sounded like something I would have (Marvel Premiere 31).

and that is coming from someone who not only bought this off the rack when it came out-- but still has it and in nearly untouched condition. I had to look it up to see if I indeed was holding the old woodgod. Saving grace-- only cost me a quarter.

Okay, here's my offer: :eek:

option #1:

Fantastic Four # 40, F

Fantastic Four # 49, G, (the copy I purchased as a kid)

Journey into Mystery # 110, F or F- some tanning

Journey into Mystery # 111, F-

FF40_f_zps893c1fef.jpg

FF40_b_zpsae16218c.jpg

FF49copyb_f_zps8aee54bf.jpg

FF49copyb2_b_zps15e437a2.jpg

JIM110_f_zpse1047e7e.jpg

JIM110_b_zps9d23f2e3.jpg

JIM111_f_zps501213a8.jpg

JIM111_b_zps1f15054d.jpg

Option #2:

Fantastic Four # 49, F

Strange Tales # 160, VF+

Sgt. Fury Annual #2, VF

FF49_f_zpsf2f35e03.jpg

FF49_b_zps7d7d1203.jpg

StrangeTales160_f_zpsbbee468e.jpg

StrangeTales160_b_zps9e8af762.jpg

SgtfuryAn2_f_zpsf35238fc.jpg :bump:

SgtfuryAn2_b_zps84461bc1.jpg

:bump:

I'm up enjoying Niagara Falls for the weekend so I thankfully missed all the discussions yesterday. I had a couple thought this morning.

Are some people saying they do not have comics in their collections sufficient to provide an offer that is about equal to a low grade ASM 50 or a nice GL 40? These people hang out in a forum offered by a grading company and if you gather up your collection you do not see anything that is par with these books? For the few people who don't then welcome to the hobby and the RAKs are a great option. For the vast majority of collectors on this forum you probably have an assortment of books that are compatible to these books. You may not be in the position to give those same books away but I think you could part with them if you got the ASM 50 you always wanted or the Fantastic Four 49 that's always been on your list.

I don't think anyone on these threads is holding up a price measuring stick and comparing dollar to dollar of each offer. I'm probably one of the worse at doing this and I was willing not veto an offer that was around $50 for a ASM 50. The dollar amounts just can't fluctuate for example from $100 to $20/$30. I'd think it's healthy and reasonable for the FMV of offers to vary from $100 to $80 to $115 to $100 to $75 etc. And if your lack the comics, do you have Star Wars figures in the box? Cool Lego boxes that people can't usually grab since they go for $75?

If you think a Hardback TPB or a statue is worth $70 and are not sure if it's a good offer take a peak at what people could buy it for on Amazon and E-Bay. If people could buy a copy for $15 then it's probably not going to be accepted by the group if you take a Fantastic Four 49.

Hope this post is not too long for the masses and helps one guy get off the fence.

Okay, here's my offer: :eek:

option #1:

Fantastic Four # 40, F

Fantastic Four # 49, G, (the copy I purchased as a kid)

Journey into Mystery # 110, F or F- some tanning

Journey into Mystery # 111, F-

FF40_f_zps893c1fef.jpg

FF40_b_zpsae16218c.jpg

FF49copyb_f_zps8aee54bf.jpg

FF49copyb2_b_zps15e437a2.jpg

JIM110_f_zpse1047e7e.jpg

JIM110_b_zps9d23f2e3.jpg

JIM111_f_zps501213a8.jpg

JIM111_b_zps1f15054d.jpg

Option #2:

Fantastic Four # 49, F

Strange Tales # 160, VF+

Sgt. Fury Annual #2, VF

FF49_f_zpsf2f35e03.jpg

FF49_b_zps7d7d1203.jpg

StrangeTales160_f_zpsbbee468e.jpg

StrangeTales160_b_zps9e8af762.jpg

SgtfuryAn2_f_zpsf35238fc.jpg :bump:

SgtfuryAn2_b_zps84461bc1.jpg

:bump:

:bump: comics general page 1

It was weird.

This morning I saw someone take my offer, and even post a follow-up with their offer.

I was busy in the water cooler using another Firefox tab, composing a video post I found on You-tube. By the time I finished that and turned my full attention back to this thread, the "I'll take it" and follow-up offer were nowhere to be found.

Strange.

It was weird.

This morning I saw someone take my offer, and even post a follow-up with their offer.

I was busy in the water cooler using another Firefox tab, composing a video post I found on You-tube. By the time I finished that and turned my full attention back to this thread, the "I'll take it" and follow-up offer were nowhere to be found.

Strange.

Was it a decent follow up offer, or would you have vetoed it? The person might of regretted hitting the take it, and deleted it with his offer before it was quoted.

It was weird.

Strange.

Was it a decent follow up offer, or would you have vetoed it? The person might of regretted hitting the take it, and deleted it with his offer before it was quoted.

I thought it was good, options included a huge ASM movie poster from the first set of movies, a limited edition Spider-Man watch, and another poster, if I remember correctly.

If a follow-up offer seems genuine in spirit (like the one I saw) much less of non-trivial monetary value, I see no issue.

I'm not really a veto-er. I'd rather nature take it's course. That's my personal stand on the subject, and in no way a commentary on the perspective or actions of anyone else. I feel everyone's entitled to their own opinions on this.

And as Mr. Swick is our trusted servant for this thread, he gets the final call, as is his due.

RAK (3 options for 3 takers)

I took a RAK from eborres last week and was finally able to get my pictures together for my offer. Up for anyone to take are 3 different prints from a Bettie Page art portfolio I picked up and split up between friends. Choose one print and I'll also throw in one of the posters from the recent Guardians preview screenings.

Option A - Ron Randall print (claimed by techvoodoo)

2hyxt3a.jpg

Option B - Aaron Lopresti print (claimed by neopacket)

1jx5k0.jpg

Option C - Greg Laws print

6gv528.jpg

Guardians poster:

23uzog0.jpg

Edited by eeyore787

I believe Kav has been bitten by a radioactive Cal :o

Yes he has the power to turn any comic into IMSM

It was weird.

Strange.

I thought it was good, options included a huge ASM movie poster from the first set of movies, a limited edition Spider-Man watch, and another poster, if I remember correctly.

If a follow-up offer seems genuine in spirit (like the one I saw) much less of non-trivial monetary value, I see no issue.

I'm not really a veto-er. I'd rather nature take it's course. That's my personal stand on the subject, and in no way a commentary on the perspective or actions of anyone else. I feel everyone's entitled to their own opinions on this.

And as Mr. Swick is our trusted servant for this thread, he gets the final call, as is his due.

poster_zps4f85a32d.jpg

watch_zpsfea7a848.jpg