• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spawn or Deadpool who is the king of the 1990s for new character?

188 posts in this topic

Deadpool - hands down. It is also pretty clear that Marvel wants him to be the next big thing (after Spidey).

For example, in the latest big hit Marvel game... MArvel LEGO Super-heros... it has all the marvel heroes... Spidey... Iron-man.. Thor....

But the main character is...... Deadpool.

Millions and millions of kids around the globe see Deadpool as the ultimate Marvel super-hero now.

Deadpool - hands down. It is also pretty clear that Marvel wants him to be the next big thing (after Spidey).

For example, in the latest big hit Marvel game... MArvel LEGO Super-heros... it has all the marvel heroes... Spidey... Iron-man.. Thor....

But the main character is...... Deadpool.

Millions and millions of kids around the globe see Deadpool as the ultimate Marvel super-hero now.

Deadpool does have one advantage going for him in that he is a Marvel character related to the highly popular X-Men franchise. This opens up a different door for him, then Hellboy or Spawn have. So that could be another factor? hm

I remember Spawn had a countdown that sped up whenever he used his powers back in the day.

Did they write that out of the storyline?

I'm guessing they had too, but I always thought that was a cool element to the plot.

You mean this?

992040-iu_spawnmeterteaser_2_.jpg

Todd McFarlane addressed this in a recent letters column (issue 231):

Shannon B. from Facebook writes:

I haven't read since the first year or so. Originally, Spawn had finite power that counted down. How did that resolve, and what were the issue numbers?

Todd McFarlane responds:

Ultimately, it didn't resolve because before any of those resolutions become apparent, Al Simmons took his own life, and passed on the mantel of the powers of Spawn to our new character, Jim Downing (Spawn #185).

The power meter is located on the inside front cover of each issue of Spawn. Where Al Simmons' meter counted down, Jim Downing's meter is counting up. Why? I actually know, but that should be the curious question, at this point.

Never was a Spawn fan.

Nobody ever was after a character is no longer popular. :baiting: Years from now, we'll be hearing from people who were never Deadpool fans.

And for the record, I believe you oakman29. I was just making a funny.

:jokealert:

Edited by rjrjr

DEAD-POOL by a country mile. Leaving Spawny in the dust.

Your right as of now,but in the long run

Spawn is the tortoise, while Deadpool is the hare in this race.

:)

I for one thought Spawn was amazing from the beginning and still think the character hasn't touched his potential yet. The story line for Spawn was solid and the artwork was amazing in my opinion. Spawn #1s cover is still one of my favorites to this day. The B&W Variant of that book is still on my want list.

I for one thought Spawn was amazing from the beginning and still think the character hasn't touched his potential yet. The story line for Spawn was solid and the artwork was amazing in my opinion. Spawn #1s cover is still one of my favorites to this day. The B&W Variant Special Edition reprint of that book is still on my want list.

Fixed.

I think Spawn has had his day. Not that nothing could be done with him in the future, I just don't see it happening.

I for one thought Spawn was amazing from the beginning and still think the character hasn't touched his potential yet. The story line for Spawn was solid and the artwork was amazing in my opinion. Spawn #1s cover is still one of my favorites to this day. The B&W Variant Special Edition reprint of that book is still on my want list.

Fixed.

I think Spawn has had his day. Not that nothing could be done with him in the future, I just don't see it happening.

Todd Mcfarlame is the problem, he's a okay idea guy, but a terrible writer and giant ego to boot. If Spawn was owned by MARVEL I think it wouldn't take long for them to unleash his true potential both character and publicity wise.