• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whitman appreciation and information thread
10 10

315 posts in this topic

I got my two pack today ba beep ba lo la lou. Call me two pack Scrooge.

I went to the Guru on Whitmans Doug Sulipa and he said that this two pack is probably the only exsisting example.

Thanks all for the great advise NOT to open it.

For once my impatience and instinct paid off the books look around 8.0 as the seller said. Great seller too.

I had to come on this thread because it is about Whitman appreciation and if anyone appreciates Gold Key/Whitmans I do. (worship)

Doug has also viewed my new BH 4 on my CGC set and Pay Pal and he is posting the sale of my Black Hole 9.8 on his Whitman Page. So if you have a BH 4 you should like that news.

There is a Black Hole 4 9.6 for bidding on ebay and it is the only 9.6 the third highest CGC graded. You should maybe put the tax money check into a black Hole because that is where it all goes any way lol just joking.

I went to the Guru on Whitmans Doug Sulipa and he said that this two pack is probably the only exsisting example.

For once my impatience and instinct paid off the books look around 8.0 as the seller said. Great seller too.

I had to come on this thread because it is about Whitman appreciation and if anyone appreciates Gold Key/Whitmans I do. (worship)

Doug has also viewed my new BH 4 on my CGC set and Pay Pal and he is posting the sale of my Black Hole 9.8 on his Whitman Page. So if you have a BH 4 you should like that news.

There is a Black Hole 4 9.6 for bidding on ebay and it is the only 9.6 the third highest CGC graded. You should maybe put the tax money check into a black Hole because that is where it all goes any way lol just joking.

That is a really awesome item, no two ways about it. ^^

Here's a US179 3-pack for comparison!

144762.jpg

Congrats on both pick-ups Bonnie! :golfclap: (thumbs u The BH #4 Whitman's will definitely be on everyone's radar! :banana:

Edited by jaja-mon12

Yes you did an I put the Super Goof 61 9.0 that you gave me for it into my set.This was an equal trade.Thank you.I bought the Black Hole CGC 9.8 for 6,250 and it will be on Doug Sulipa's Whitman site as the highest selling Black Hole#4.

Yes you did an I put the Super Goof 61 9.0 that you gave me for it into my set.This was an equal trade.Thank you.I bought the Black Hole CGC 9.8 for 6,250 and it will be on Doug Sulipa's Whitman site as the highest selling Black Hole#4.

:o Not only the highest selling BH #4, but the highest selling Whitman to date! Congrats on making Whitman history and your new 'Holy Grail'! (thumbs u

Here is my latest contribution to the Whitman thread. It has been dead for a minute and thought I could spice things up a bit. (thumbs u

This was a re-sub and went up a grade! Enjoy folks! :headbang:

<a  href=BH4CGC85_zps65357b2b.jpg' alt='BH4CGC85_

Picked up this one in a DCCP run yesterday:

wToVOo.jpg

Don't know much about these . . . (shrug)

Unfortunately, if it's not #22 it pretty much brings guide price in the current condition.

The big thing is that the large circular logo has Whitman in it.

If I recall correctly, what makes #22 so scarce is that it had the DC logo in it.

I think there's a Warlock and Sgt Rock issue with the same DC logo but Whitman variant as there's no issue #, just the whitman logo in the upper right corner.

I hit the Whitman honey pot today. Scored Chip N Dale 67, Looney Tunes 35, Woody Woodpecker 190; Porky Pig 97,109 (75 cent variant) Tom and Jerry 330 and 332, Huey Dewey and Louie 65, Tweety and Sylvester 106, 107, Yosemite Sam 70; Popeye 158, Little Lulu 260, Daffy Duck 130, Beep Beep the Roadrunner 92, Bugs Bunny 221, Donald Duck 222. Wallt Disney Comics and Stories 480; Uncle Scrooge 179 and Superman 348. Could not believe my eyes as they all came out of the same box. None are high grade ( a couple could hit the VF -not the Scrooge) but an incredible find.

149655.jpg.9a2924c4ff603159a06cb9556c134c28.jpg

I hit the Whitman honey pot today. Scored Chip N Dale 67, Looney Tunes 35, Woody Woodpecker 190; Porky Pig 97,109 (75 cent variant) Tom and Jerry 330 and 332, Huey Dewey and Louie 65, Tweety and Sylvester 106, 107, Yosemite Sam 70; Popeye 158, Little Lulu 260, Daffy Duck 130, Beep Beep the Roadrunner 92, Bugs Bunny 221, Donald Duck 222. Wallt Disney Comics and Stories 480; Uncle Scrooge 179 and Superman 348. Could not believe my eyes as they all came out of the same box. None are high grade ( a couple could hit the VF -not the Scrooge) but an incredible find.

Congrats on a nice little find! (thumbs u

Whitmans are a rarity in my collection because I absolutely hated them as a kid! They were fake - not DCs! Not Marvels! Some cheap knockoff issue so I actively avoided them. Still wound up with a few though, all in average condition I think. Still hate 'em. It's ingrained in me. Can't believe people seek them out but that's the 12 year old in me talking.

Whitmans are a rarity in my collection because I absolutely hated them as a kid! They were fake - not DCs! Not Marvels! Some cheap knockoff issue so I actively avoided them. Still wound up with a few though, all in average condition I think. Still hate 'em. It's ingrained in me. Can't believe people seek them out but that's the 12 year old in me talking.

Since they're so annoying to you go ahead and ship all of them to me. :baiting: