• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

group shot thread
13 13

1,838 posts in this topic

Thanks to Comicana Nick, I am now only missing one Silver Age Batvillain 1st Appearance in nice shape. Unfortunately, the Batman #121 in 9.0 is out of reach for now.....

BatmanVillainGroupShot_zps27e93e67.png

Edited by kimik

Thanks to Comicana Nick, I am now only missing one Silver Age Batvillain 1st Appearance in nice shape. Unfortunately, the Batman #121 in 9.0 is out of reach for now.....

(worship) Congrats! That's a great set there.

I'm still about 16 issues short of the whole run, but I just finished 1-10 of Tales of Suspense this past week. #1, 3, 5 and 7 came from other board members.

Frankie will probably be working on his 1949 Timely run by the time I finish. lol

TOS1_10A.jpg

I'm still about 16 issues short of the whole run, but I just finished 1-10 of Tales of Suspense this past week. #1, 3, 5 and 7 came from other board members.

Frankie will probably be working on his 1949 Timely run by the time I finish. lol

TOS1_10A.jpg

lol I slowed down a lot buying back issues. You may have this completed before I get the final 30 something comics I need for the implosion up thing.

Great picture! Love it! :headbang::applause:

Here is an updated group shot with three new books that were waiting for my when I got back home after a week and a bit out of town. Looks like I did not really need to buy the higher grade copies of Batman #155 and #171 after all lol

SABatmanVillainGroupShot2_zps0904ea86.jpg

Picked out four comics to send in with my yearly grading coupon. Hate having to choose the four comics every year. Such a hard decision. What do you guys think on the selections? :popcorn:

:wishluck: And here is wishing luck on the grades. Something I see on the TTA #13 has me a little worried. :eek:

a16a6d9e5a2711c38e2536b84c8df917_zps904b00cd.jpg[/img]

Well, I prefer them in their natural state, but if you're going to slab those are fine choices! The Hulk #3 seems to be the odd man out though; what about another pre-hero or TGK #60 or RK #22? Something less common than the Hulk? Or if going for a superhero, a bigger book?

On the TTA #13, is that chipping or a reflection? Looks like it presents nicely regardless and they seem to grade that book gently.

Well, I prefer them in their natural state, but if you're going to slab those are fine choices! The Hulk #3 seems to be the odd man out though; what about another pre-hero or TGK #60 or RK #22? Something less common than the Hulk? Or if going for a superhero, a bigger book?

On the TTA #13, is that chipping or a reflection? Looks like it presents nicely regardless and they seem to grade that book gently.

What's up Bro? I picked the Hulk #3.....cause I have all the other issues of the #1-6 run graded. lol. Kinda wanna keep them all together. That might be retarded....but that was the only reason I picked it out. lol. No chipping on the TTA #13. But inspecting them before sending them out....has me worried about if there may be resto on it. :tonofbricks:

That makes sense then.

Where do you think the resto is? I assume there's no CT bleed though. Worst case scenario it will be 1 of only 3 on the census!

The lower right side word balloon. On the outside edge. Looks like water damage in that area. Not sure if the moisture damage weakened the paper to make the red show through a bit. Or if someone hit it with red. It's not 100%. Just something that made me stare at it when I was inspecting them before sending. :mad: