• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

I am still trying to figure out who is forcing the people who don't agree with this thread to keep complaining about it, posting in it and claiming offers. (shrug)

I don't get it either.

As Harvey mentioned, I don't think many of them have been following the PIF extensively enough to see the real problems. They champion for the little guy or the have nots, when in reality they're supporting people who game altruistic themed threads for easy flips and profit. We've seen it time and time and time again.

I agree. I admire those that defend others, but sometimes I see people defending the very ones that are the problem. The fallacy is that they reacted before researching if they deserved defending.

For the people that do not have the means to participate there are plenty of RAKs for them. I've received maybe $120 worth of RAKs.

This tree is great.

For the official offers it simply is not fair that someone grab a $150 offer and post a $20 offer even if they are poor as mess.

Sorry.

ok, I'm going to try to give away something for free again in a RAKHow to Draw Comics the Marvel Way.Inside very nice, no writing. Cover shows some wear and spine has 1 inch split at top and 1/2 inch at bottom. It is not a first print. Free ship in USA, $10 towards international shipping.
marvel_zpsc009b590.jpg

So, got up from my long nap, and see my offer is still here.

I have never sold a comic in my life, and my valuation is a little different than what I perceive to be the norm - I buy to read; stories and art that I enjoy - with condition being secondary. Which is why most my collection isn't HG. Silver age is to my liking, never bought a TPB and not into moderns that much. I'm not savvy on current trends (or past trends, for that matter) like many are on here.

I do buy some slabs of books I already have raw. Nothing uber HG.

Unfortunately, my scanner doesn't work on slabs, they come out all blurry (however the surface of the case is clear).

I haven't actively bought books for some time now, being unable to work since 2005.

Not being a collector - dealer, I used Overstreet and looked at current eBay auctions (which can be misleading, I know) to valuate what I took compared to what I offered. I really thought my offer to be at least equivalent to what I took. I could be wrong, I know.

I am soliciting thoughts on this - a PM would be fine if deemed more diplomatic.

-David

I don't think there is anything wrong with the offer. (shrug)

Maybe it's just Saturday and not everyone has had a chance to see it yet. If tomorrow is sitting there, maybe switch up the choices - like pick x number of the following books...

That second FF49 is :cloud9: and the first one was your OO copy so that is pretty cool! (thumbs u

Your Option #1 is exactly what I collect and i would snap it up if I didn't have those issues

This is a solid offer

rak_n_roll_logo.jpg

Will pay for media mail in US (sorry, these are large and heavy), $15 dollars towards anywhere else!

Both books are included.

IMG_3293.jpg

IMG_3273.jpg

I saw these in a bookstore and I thought they were fabulous

very nice

I keep stressing this:

:news: Dollar. Value. Is. Not. The. Sole. Consideration. Of. An. Offer. :news:

I've said this from the start. I've said it about 20 times at different points in this thread. It's NOT simply about offering up equal dollar offers. That is why you will not find that rule in the first post. I'm NOT simply comparing dollars. Heck, I've said this today - I know I have...

An offer should be something you feel in your gut. Something you care about. Something you're not sure if you want to let go. But you do anyway to give back to the community.

That is NOT the same as trying to figure out how much something is worth and going on the low end and drop shipping something from Amazon. At times I have mentioned dollar amounts because that is easy to point to as a measuring stick in our hobby. For that I feel doh! But there have been offers that have NOT been big $ and I haven't batted an eye. I think they're cool offers. How much does it COST Kav to use his artist skills to draw a sketch for someone or give someone a piece of his amazing OA. I would think that would be a cool offer if he claimed something and I've told him that. That has nothing to do with dollars and cents.

But when I see someone offer up a choice of a $15 item that is easily obtainable on Amazon after claiming a $100 book I WILL speak up. There is nothing special or any care put into an offer of ONE random X-Men TPB. It was even admitted by the person that they didn't even OWN the book. They would have ordered it from Amazon.

Clearly you can distinguish someone offering up something that has care and thought behind the offer despite not being worth big money vs. someone drop shipping a $15 tpb? Please tell me that you can and maybe you'll realize it's NOT just about matching $ to $.

Why call them out in public though? Why not allow the veto system to work itself out and let the thread fix itself? You designed a good system, let it work. All you did was allow many of us see a side of you that, well,…

But have it your way.

DC Amazon Description:

For more than 70 years, DC Comics has been entertaining children and adults alike. Here, for the first time, is the chronological account of the adventures of both the characters and the company that created them.

The DC Chronicle Year by Year traces DC's fascinating story: the company's beginnings as National Allied Publications in the 1934, and its subsequent change to Detective Comics, Inc. in 1937. The book details all the major DC publishing landmarks and more, displayed clearly, month by month.

Highlighting the debuts of Superman and Batman, the geniuses that invented them, and the real-life events-like the Vietnam War, the atom bomb, the Space Race-that shaped the atmosphere of the times, DC Chronicle Year by Year follows the characters' foray into the real world through TV series and blockbuster movies.

Features original cover art by well-known DC artist Ryan Sook and a foreword by Paul Levitz, who was president of DC Comics from 2002 - 2009.

Marvel Amazon Description:

Dig into the archives of Marvel Comics with this massive compendium. Every iconic hero and villain of the Marvel Comics Universe is chronologically catalogued in this lush celebration of Marvel's seventy year history including Spider-Man, Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America and hundreds more.