• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

So, what is the buzz around B&B #28 at SDCC?

No buzz ... Lots of copies in the room :sorry:

What are the prices like? At recent market or at some of the gouge levels we see on eBay and elsewhere online?

Nearly every key in the room is priced at 2019 prices. My opinion is that most dealers won't be selling their key books at those prices.

Nearly every key in the room is priced at 2019 prices. My opinion is that most dealers won't be selling their key books at those prices.

Don't be too sure. People act like they do when they go to Vegas when they go to SDCC.....they tend to get a little starry eyed and reckless with their money. Plus there is something to be said for actually being able to hold an awesome mega key in your hand and not just seeing a scan of it on your computer. Impulse buying can certainly be a factor and dealers need to mark up somewhat to pay for their travel expenses and their space.

-J.

Don't be too sure. People act like they do when they go to Vegas when they go to SDCC.....they tend to get a little starry eyed and reckless with their money. Plus there is something to be said for actually being able to hold an awesome mega key in your hand and not just seeing a scan of it on your computer. Impulse buying can certainly be a factor and dealers need to mark up somewhat to pay for their travel expenses and their space.

-J.

Impulse buys are one thing but paying double market? Most people aren't going to do that.

I've been surveying ST #110's around the room. Found a few reasonably prices ones - aggressive, meaning towards the upper end, but still reasonable. Others? 2 times what they are actually selling for right now.

6.0 copies for $4000. ???

Some dealers are having a hard time replacing keys so they are just marking them up high with a 'take it or leave it', non negotiable price. And believe me when I tell you that some of the prices are absolutely non negotiable. Zero. And it's always been that way for SD (meaning, strong prices) but it seems to be amplified this year.

-J.

Impulse buys are one thing but paying double market? Most people aren't going to do that.

I've been surveying ST #110's around the room. Found a few reasonably prices ones - aggressive, meaning towards the upper end, but still reasonable. Others? 2 times what they are actually selling for right now.

Some dealers are having a hard time replacing keys so they are just marking them up high with a 'take it or leave it', non negotiable price. And believe me when I tell you that some of the prices are absolutely non negotiable. Zero. And it's always been that way for SD (meaning, strong prices) but it seems to be amplified this year.

4000 for a 6.0 is a bit rich right now, but it might be 2015 prices.

-J.

They may already be pricing in the expected announcements about the Strange movie.... we should probably take this conversation to the ST 110 thread lol.

-J.

As a tiny departure from our regularly scheduled insanity, I bring you a trailer for "The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened?"

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/unfinished-documentary-about-unfinished-nicolas-cage-92822105717.html

I've never seen live footage of Nick Cage as Supes....but now you can!

SDCC was pretty cool back then when you needed filler books. It's always been expensive for major keys. As far as I remember I have only purchased key books a few times when they were priced a little over not too much. But when I needed filler books it's always helped a bit. It's like a scavenger hunt. At least you get to see the books first hand and not scans.

-J.

You think the book is going to almost double in price after already going up 500% in two years?

-J.

You think the book is going to almost double in price after already going up 500% in two years?

All that, and there are still less graded unrestored copies than even hulk 1 on the census. I certainly think so. (thumbs u

-J.

-J.

If you think about it... that it has gone up 500% in the last two years alone... isn't that really a plausible reason why it might go up almost 100% in the coming year? :)

-J.

If you think about it... that it has gone up 500% in the last two years alone... isn't that really a plausible reason why it might go up almost 100% in the coming year? :)

You're right, if the movie is really good it might give AF #15 a run for it's money.

-J.

You're right, if the movie is really good it might give AF #15 a run for it's money.

4000 for a 6.0.

Do you really think that is AF15 level?

I think you need to get a subscription to GPA my friend.

4000 for a 6.0.

lol

I was being sarcastic. I've subscribed to GPA for as long as it's been around.

I get a little irked by all this talk about movies and values and how disproportionately 'awesome' books become once there is a media announcement.

ST #110 has been around a long time ( exactly 50 years) and was always a C- tier book but now that there is a movie announcement, prices are going to rise to nosebleed levels and it becomes an 'awesome book'.

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool book. I'm an early Marvel guy and still get giddy when I see high grade SA Marvels. I'm just not a fan of this latest generation of movie hype and price bumps going on. I sometimes think it's silly and just wish comics went back to being collector by readers.

I'm just not a fan of this latest generation of movie hype and price bumps going on. I sometimes think it's silly and just wish comics went back to being collector by readers.

Roy, an excellent statement. Perhaps now you can remotely understand why some of us feel the same way about the manipulation.

4000 for a 6.0.

lol

I was being sarcastic. I've subscribed to GPA for as long as it's been around.

I get a little irked by all this talk about movies and values and how disproportionately 'awesome' books become once there is a media announcement.

ST #110 has been around a long time ( exactly 50 years) and was always a C- tier book but now that there is a movie announcement, prices are going to rise to nosebleed levels and it becomes an 'awesome book'.

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool book. I'm an early Marvel guy and still get giddy when I see high grade SA Marvels. I'm just not a fan of this latest generation of movie hype and price bumps going on. I sometimes think it's silly and just wish comics went back to being collector by readers.

:applause: