• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

eBay allows 8 selling accounts to one person? That's news to me.

Peace,

Chip

That's because you live under a rock. :hi:

Please. I'm in Myrtle Beach.

I live under a pile of sand, not a rock.

Peace,

Chip

I really don't see the need for more than 2 accounts on ebay, and myself only use one. But 8 accounts? Really? That is suspicious to me.

Instead of just being a doink, why don't you look at them? Find me one single questionable act. Otherwise, grow up.

Well, by your own admission, you're using multiple accounts to avoid free listing limits, and eBay's policy on multiple accounts states:

Not allowed: Registering new accounts or using other existing accounts to avoid buying and selling restrictions or limits or other policy consequences.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/multiple-accounts.html

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

B-B-B-B-B-B-Bronze!

Shazam 7

Hey look, an economics lesson! Good for you, but that's not the market. :facepalm:

Dan - We just have different business models, but it's still the market. I don't care if the books I list ever sell. Period. I assign a value that I think it's worth - it's got nothing to do with the Greater Fool theory as that always takes more than one fool to make it happen. Arguably, an auction, is the Greater Fool theory in action. An auction with a high entry price is a more accurate gauge of the free market. :sumo: What an buyer is willing to pay and what a seller is willing to sell at (essential Adam Smith and Thomas Payne stuff here). :grin:

I would argue that your sales - which are great, and good for you - aren't the market because they're outliers. Show me an average $24 selling price for Shazam 7 over a period of time, and then that would be the market.

Nothing is this thread relates to establishing the "market price" for a book. Why ignore real sales and underprice your books in search of the errant auction behavior? To me, those are outliers (if the term is meaningful at all) :sumo:

Heating up means a pattern. A pattern means multiple sales in the same price range. Multiple sales in the same range equals the market price. Buying a $50 book for $2 doesn't make it worth $2 and selling a $5 book for $20 doesn't make it worth $20.

You've made this point at least 20 times. Don't you get tired of posting the same thing over and over again? (shrug) We disagree (obviously). lol

Buying a $50 book for $2 doesn't make it worth $2 and selling a $5 book for $20 doesn't make it worth $20.

Actually, that's exactly what it does. Each of those are "sales" and need to be accounted for. :sumo:

No, I actually use them to address different product lines and target customers. But you're certainly entitled to your own opinion. :foryou:

What are these different product lines? Copper age comics? Bronze age comics? Comics that are VF that I pass off as 9.8? ------> own opinion (thumbs u

No, I actually use them to address different product lines and target customers. But you're certainly entitled to your own opinion. :foryou:

Let me quote you regarding my "opinion":

Man FBS get on with it. 100 free listings a month; 8 allowable accounts; do the freaking math. doh! Damn, I belong back in NY with my roots, instead of out here in sunny California. lol

B-B-B-B-B-B-Bronze!

Shazam 7

Hey look, an economics lesson! Good for you, but that's not the market. :facepalm:

Dan - We just have different business models, but it's still the market. I don't care if the books I list ever sell. Period. I assign a value that I think it's worth - it's got nothing to do with the Greater Fool theory as that always takes more than one fool to make it happen. Arguably, an auction, is the Greater Fool theory in action. An auction with a high entry price is a more accurate gauge of the free market. :sumo: What an buyer is willing to pay and what a seller is willing to sell at (essential Adam Smith and Thomas Payne stuff here). :grin:

I would argue that your sales - which are great, and good for you - aren't the market because they're outliers. Show me an average $24 selling price for Shazam 7 over a period of time, and then that would be the market.

Nothing is this thread relates to establishing the "market price" for a book. Why ignore real sales and underprice your books in search of the errant auction behavior? To me, those are outliers (if the term is meaningful at all) :sumo:

Divad's sales give a picture of some of the market for high grade raw books with big scans. Can't say they're the norm, but i wouldn't ignore them for pricing purposes.

Criticize him all you want, but he makes a steady flow of sales at prices 125-300% higher than you'd readily expect on many of these books. Sure, the bulk don't sell, but the listings are free. Frankly, it's a model I've thought about pursuing on some of my books, the real nice ones, etc. where I might be willing to wait. Yes, you need to have good stuff, holding out for $40 for a NM copy of Defenders 74 isn't going to work, but it hardly needs to be rare. He got $125 for a raw "9.8" MOS 18 and $36 for a raw NM newsstand copy. I listed one of those here in NM and nobody would take it off my hands for half that much and I sold an earlier MOS 18 that had a decent shot at 9.8dom for under $20.

Man FBS get on with it. 100 free listings a month; 8 allowable accounts; do the freaking math. doh! Damn, I belong back in NY with my roots, instead of out here in sunny California. lol

I'm not arguing with you, my friend, just disagreeing. (thumbs u

And, it goes without saying, if you haven't bought a book off The blob, you haven't bought a book. :sumo: (thumbs u

Not sure what that's supposed to mean. I don't sell that much here compared to some, a 12-18 book thread every couple of weeks for the last 2 or 3 months and before that some long periods of nothing between threads.

Seems you're also disagreeing with yourself from a few posts back.

And, it goes without saying, if you haven't bought a book off The blob, you haven't bought a book. :sumo: (thumbs u

Not sure what that's supposed to mean. I don't sell that much here compared to some, a 12-18 book thread every couple of weeks for the last 2 or 3 months and before that some long periods of nothing between threads.

I have bought books from you in the past, always well graded, packed and delivered. (thumbs u

Seems like you have a pole up your butt. :grin:

Seems like you have a pole up your butt. :grin:

Well, that's mature.