• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

This series could be awesome.

I have to agree. Now, the creative team needs to keep that feeling going. From this trailer, it looks like they potential will.

And I like the use of Aloe Blacc's 'Ticking Bomb' for the background song.

Fox's Batman prequel, 'Gotham,' with Ben McKenzie, shows style and sleek visuals in pilot screening

-------------------------------------------

“Gotham,” the Batman origin series that premieres Sept. 22 on Fox, has the look of a stylish winner.

The pilot of the hot-buzz series, screened for TV critics here Wednesday, plays like a 45-minute movie, with stunning visuals that never feel like a shrunken TV version of the “Batman” films against which it will inevitably be measured.

:whee:

Sounds like it is all about Gordon for this show. Which is great that they picked the cast that they did.

New Details On GOTHAM's Lack Of Batman, The Joker's Introduction, Geoff Johns' Role And More

"The first season of Gotham will also feature a superhero...Gotham itself! Heller was quick to point out that we won't be seeing Batman anytime soon, but did have a very interesting take on how Bruce Wayne eventually adopts that persona and Detective Jim Gordon's importance in that story. "Gordon is the moral linchpin of the show -- he's the guy that creates Batman, or gives Batman permission to exist in that world. This is the journey of a man who's very much about law and order to someone who accepts this dark vigilante. The stories will proliferate and the characters will proliferate, but Gordon will remain at the center." He added, "[it's a story of] how do you deal with crime of this level when there are no superheroes? When ordinary men and women are dealing with the struggle waiting for a savior. It's about men and women and not about superheroes and that's the more interesting story."

I cannot wait for this show.

It knows who the "true" star of the Batman franchise is... the villians of Gotham.

In every Batman reboot, Batman resolves his inner conflicts by the first movie to become "The Batman". Further movies (starting with Batman Returns) aren't so-much about his downward spiral pychosis, but introductions of new villians for him to "react" to in "his" city.

This is like Superman without Superman (Smallville did last 10 years). I think staging this from Gordon's perspective of an untouchable cop in that kind of chaotic enviroment to "eventually" allign himself with a dude dressed like a flying rodent speaks volumes of the kind of evil this city is gonna create for the seasons to come. :popcorn:

I am so thrilled that this show is gonna exist outside the regular movies continuity, yet show how Affleck's Bat was shaped into the grizzled crimefighter he becomes.

My only hope this show is given a proper chance (the mainstream will undoubtably ask... where's the Batman?) and can last longer than Birds of Prey. :wishluck:

I have to agree. It is going to be exciting to see, if done right. Like when Frank Miller's Year One came out, giving new readers a story jump-on point to understand the origins and motives.

Hugo Strange Will Appear On GOTHAM

----------------------------------------

"Hugo Strange is going to pop up because we're going to start dealing with how Arkham was created and why Arkham was created in the way that it was so, yeah, absolutely. It's a Season One thing because in our telling of it the way Arkham was created and the why and how is one of the causes of the particular criminal climate in Gotham that allowed Batman to happen. The revolving door of Arkham is both a brilliant narrative device because it allows you to -- you don't have to kill people off, you can just put them in cold storage -- but if you're telling the story from the start you kind of have to explain, 'What the f--k? Why don't you make that place a place people don't escape from?' We're going to explain why it is the way it is and Hugo Strange is a big part of that."

Arkham is so part of the Batman mythos, you have to deliver a solid background to explain where all these villains are being taken to over the years.

I cannot wait for this show.

It knows who the "true" star of the Batman franchise is... the villians of Gotham.

In every Batman reboot, Batman resolves his inner conflicts by the first movie to become "The Batman". Further movies (starting with Batman Returns) aren't so-much about his downward spiral pychosis, but introductions of new villians for him to "react" to in "his" city.

This is like Superman without Superman (Smallville did last 10 years). I think staging this from Gordon's perspective of an untouchable cop in that kind of chaotic enviroment to "eventually" allign himself with a dude dressed like a flying rodent speaks volumes of the kind of evil this city is gonna create for the seasons to come. :popcorn:

I am so thrilled that this show is gonna exist outside the regular movies continuity, yet show how Affleck's Bat was shaped into the grizzled crimefighter he becomes.

My only hope this show is given a proper chance (the mainstream will undoubtably ask... where's the Batman?) and can last longer than Birds of Prey. :wishluck:

Will Bruce Wayne be in it to try to appease that crowd?

I can see what your saying in that no Batman,then some of the audience might tune out.

Not me though I always thought the Batman villains were very interesting on their own. I look forward to this as well.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Hugo Strange Will Appear On GOTHAM

"Hugo Strange is going to pop up because we're going to start dealing with how Arkham was created and why Arkham was created in the way that it was so, yeah, absolutely. It's a Season One thing because in our telling of it the way Arkham was created and the why and how is one of the causes of the particular criminal climate in Gotham that allowed Batman to happen. The revolving door of Arkham is both a brilliant narrative device because it allows you to -- you don't have to kill people off, you can just put them in cold storage -- but if you're telling the story from the start you kind of have to explain, 'What the f--k? Why don't you make that place a place people don't escape from?' We're going to explain why it is the way it is and Hugo Strange is a big part of that."

Arkham is so part of the Batman mythos, you have to deliver a solid background to explain where all these villains are being taken to over the years.

Which means I'll be in it.

Gotham Actor, Cory Michael Smith (Edward Nigma), Talks About The Main Big Bad Of Gotham And His Role On The Show.

------------------------

The lovely thing about the Riddler is he’s not someone that is a sadist; he doesn’t hurt people.

What he does is he sets up tricks to make people be as smart as him. “Prove you’re as smart as me. Figure this out. I’m smarter than you. You don’t understand that. Try to figure this out. If you don’t get it, something terrible is going to happen. I don’t want it to happen, you don’t want it to happen, so figure it out.”

------------------------