• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Constantine TV Trailer

574 posts in this topic

Will Doctor Fate Link Constantine TV Series And Comic Series?

Last night, a Constantine trailer revealed that the Helm of Nabu, which gives Doctor Fate his powers, will apparently appear in the series (along with the Ibistick of Ibis).

constantine-fate-100505.gif

i noticed that at 48 seconds, this program has potential to bring alot of the forgotten characters back

No Smoking Allowed! John Constantine Will Need A Nicotine Patch In CONSTANTINE

Either way, Marshall promised that NBC won't be holding back in other areas! "Hannibal is on NBC, and that’s pretty dark and disturbing. Whatever the regulations are, you can be as dark and disturbing as you want and we’re going to go in that direction. The intention is to be as dark and scary as possible with the show. And that was our whole kind of plan going in, to make it scary. So we’re going to explore all kinds of things. But the smoking is very frustrating. Who knows where it will go; where the story will go; where the character will go? There’s still lots of options."

I was wondering if that was going to be an issue. Yet it is part of what makes the character stand out, and especially with the details of "Dangerous Habits" and "Original Sins" and how it impacted Constantine.

CONSTANTINE: Lucy Griffiths Exits; New Character 'Zed' To be Written In

Apparently wanting to go in a "different direction", the Constantine showrunners have decided to write the character of Liv out of the series -- and of course that also means saying goodbye to the actress that played her in the pilot episode, Lucy Griffiths. Instead of Liv, they're bringing in a character called Zed, who in the DC/vertigo comic books was originally John's lover before reappearing as a pagan sorceress.

CONSTANTINE: Lucy Griffiths Exits; New Character 'Zed' To be Written In

Apparently wanting to go in a "different direction", the Constantine showrunners have decided to write the character of Liv out of the series -- and of course that also means saying goodbye to the actress that played her in the pilot episode, Lucy Griffiths. Instead of Liv, they're bringing in a character called Zed, who in the DC/vertigo comic books was originally John's lover before reappearing as a pagan sorceress.

If this show gets past the 2nd season the biggest question then will be who brings more ratings Constantine or Outcast

NBC's CONSTANTINE Casts Angelica Celaya As Zed

BsdIM3XCEAASYiV.png

But this was even more interesting.

------------------------------------

UPDATE: Following the conclusion of the show's TCA panel, the show's producers spoke with IGN individually and revealed that they're currently speaking to DC Entertainment about including The Spectre aka Jim Corrigan in the show. Said executive producer Daniel Cerone "It might happen, it might not. It’s just the point you’re catching us at. Right now, episode five is off on outline. Within the context of episode five, we had a need for a police officer who sees that supernatural evils exist.

:o

Phantom Stranger, Spectre, Etrigan all appeared in Swamp Thing issues with Constantine. I'd love to see them worked into this dark universe.

BsdIM3XCEAASYiV.png

UPDATE: Following the conclusion of the show's TCA panel, the show's producers spoke with IGN individually and revealed that they're currently speaking to DC Entertainment about including The Spectre aka Jim Corrigan in the show. Said executive producer Daniel Cerone "It might happen, it might not. It’s just the point you’re catching us at. Right now, episode five is off on outline. Within the context of episode five, we had a need for a police officer who sees that supernatural evils exist.

Phantom Stranger, Spectre, Etrigan all appeared in Swamp Thing issued with Constantine. I'd love to see them worked into this dark universe.

I guess this was the wrong time for me to sell off my Adventure 431-440 run :P

BsdIM3XCEAASYiV.png

Phantom Stranger, Spectre, Etrigan all appeared in Swamp Thing issues with Constantine. I'd love to see them worked into this dark universe.

can you imagine if Constantine turns out be the back door to introduce all these characters and have a story that leads into Del Toro Dark Universe Movie.

Constantine Showrunners Address Character's Bisexuality, Smoking

-----------------------------------

Most creative teams opted to never address the question of Constantine's potential bisexuality, and his significant on-page relationships were with women, including his marriage, which was still in place when Hellblazer ended and was rebooted in the New 52 as Constantine.

The smoking debate -- which has generated a lot of controversy since nearly every image of Constantine from the comics features him smoking -- was one that the producers seemed a bit more engaged with.

“He is a smoker in the show, we’re not shying away from it, but we’re not glorifying it,” said executive producer David S. Goyer.

-----------------------------------

This feels like the reporters were just trying to make an attempt at something risky to ask. Then they could report on Goyer's reaction. Mission accomplished!

:P

Superherohype Exclusive Interview: Matt Ryan on Constantine

-----------------------------

SHH: How did the role come to you? Were they looking for a type and going out to blonde, British actors?

Ryan: Well, I was doing a Shakespeare play. I was doing “Henry V” in the West End with Jude Law, with long hair and a big beard. I was dark as well. I dyed my hair. It’s naturally dark, but the role came up and I went in for an audition in London. Then they liked me but they were like, “Look, he’s got really long hair. Can he cut the hair?” I was like, “I can’t because I’m doing a play.” So I’d get another tip, another tip, another tip. There were some people who couldn’t see through the beard and the hair but Daniel and David really liked me. Then eventually when the play finished, I cut off the hair. The play finished on a Saturday. We had a party on the Saturday night and I jumped on a plane in the morning, flew over. I think it was a holiday that day, so I had a friend of mine call his hairdresser friend. He came over, cut my hair off, and then I went in the next day, tested, and then got the job. It was a long process, they saw a lot of people for it, but I was over the moon when I got it. It’s such an awesome character.

-----------------------------

I like this guy. I hope he is quite successful.

I saw the leaked Constantine S1E1 episode and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. It felted a bit rushed but overall I felt it was enjoyable and fun, with a touch of dark humor.

John CONSTANTINE Is A Real Person And Here Is His Phone Number

Now that is a creative way to make a show go viral.

card.png

------------------------------

Today, Warner Bros. and NBC have summoned the power of viral marketing and released a phone number out to the public for fans to call. For this promotion, actor Matt Ryan can actually be heard speaking as John Constantine, and he wants you to know he is not his friend Alec Holland. Want to know where you can reach Mister Holland? Dail the number to find out!

------------------------------