• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

The problem I'm going to run into is space to display them. :cry:

Even if I wanted to buy a bunch of them, it's not like I have several wings to my small starter home! :D

I can just see the reaction on the part of the missus when I try to convince her that Boba Fett would look perfect on her dresser. :taptaptap:(tsk):pullhair:

So, that more than anything would be what would hold me back from really diving in. Someday when I have a mancave... :cloud9:

If a character means a lot to you, and a piece pops up that just does it for you on every level, buy it at retail and just keep it boxed up. Statue collectors act like that's such a travesty, but it isn't. Like that Boba Fett for example; I believe that's only the second PF they've made of that character they've made in years, and there's no guarantee they'll ever go back for a revisit. If you think it's pretty much perfect for you but pass, you'll pay out the nose for it later when you have room.

I'm looking for a new house right now and 3/4 of my stuff is boxed up. I have a small area where I take the newest pieces out to check them and take pictures, but when new stuff comes in, back in the box they go. But I'm always glad I have them, and when the time comes to set up a proper display, I'll already have the pieces, so I can spend my money getting nice cabinets that will do them justice, instead of the generic Ikea stuff everyone buys because they're too busy building or re-building a collection at inflated prices.

2c

Buying a statue and keeping it in the box (temporarily) is no different than buying a slab, looking at it for a few minutes, then throwing it in a box.

And I forgot to mention: another good reason to buy statues at retail, directly from Sideshow, is they can replace broken parts and flawed pieces within 30 days of purchase. Secondary market purchases, especially for expensive pieces, can be really risky.

Edited by COI

Alright, alright. You win! I concede defeat. No more argument from me! :D

Wait till you get your DD statue, you'll be like Dude! This thing is huge! You'll never look at your old Bowen DD statue the same way ever again!

I'm really really REALLY tempted by that Doom statue.

These things look like they're about 3 feet tall...are they really that massive?

The Legendary Scale figures get to 3 feet and beyond.

The Premium Format figures are smaller - 1/4 scale - so they're not quite that big. They range from 17" - 27" for the most part, with the average being 20" or 21". The Doom PF is 23.5". All the info is on the order page:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-dr-doom-sideshow-collectibles-3001981/

Is the Doom cloth? Looks like it eh.

I saw the Joker one in person a few weeks ago, and it was cloth, and I did NOT dig it at all. Price was pretty fair too and I just couldn't bite on it.

This Doom one looks much better though.

Wait till you get your DD statue, you'll be like Dude! This thing is huge! You'll never look at your old Bowen DD statue the same way ever again!

He'll actually just never look at Bowen statues ever again

He'll actually just never look at Bowen statues ever again

the better question to ask is does Bowen still exist, when it comes to making new statues.

Is the Doom cloth? Looks like it eh.

I saw the Joker one in person a few weeks ago, and it was cloth, and I did NOT dig it at all. Price was pretty fair too and I just couldn't bite on it.

This Doom one looks much better though.

Yes the cape is cloth

Usually the ones that have prices is because they're already up for preorder. Some, however, may have a price listed but then changes when the actually preorder goes up i.e. Berserker Predator 1:1 bust.