• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

To get back on topic, I went to a garage sale this morning that had advertised comic books for sale. I ended up not buying any comics (just some Conans in the high 100s/low 200s) but I did pick up 17 different Marvel Legends action figures still new in the box complete with the accompanying comic. All for $3 each.

I also picked up a few Superhero and Star Wars Pez figures (some still complete) for $1 each.

Oh, and then I found 3 NM+ copies of Walking Dead #127 1st printing at a local Vintage Stock for $2.69 each. :grin:

I cant ever find any walking dead comics at vintage stock, my girl collects them.

Did find a beat up Avengers 4 about a year ago for $25 at one of them though

Edited by violentluke

I went to an estate sale

Got there very late and I suspect someone found some nice books considering what was missing from the runs that were left behind

Inquiring minds want to know what those runs were. hm

I went to an estate sale

Got there very late and I suspect someone found some nice books considering what was missing from the runs that were left behind

Inquiring minds want to know what those runs were. hm

ASM 220-400

Every key was missing

I purchased all the ASM from 220-350

Against my better judgment I forced myself out of bed this morning to drive 35 minutes to a Craigslist garage sale that advertised comics. Ended up with most of the McFarlane ASM run including a nice 300. Also got a Fine-ish CapAm 117.

Well worth the trip!

If I found an Amazing Fantasy #15 at a yard sale for $5, I'd buy it and not look back.

Some of us are waiting for their ship to come in.

Peace,

Chip

Be careful. I had that happen with a collector friend two years ago, posted about it here, and had a lot of boardies slam him for not paying FMV even though the owner was likely going to toss the stacks of books in the garage out (they did not even bother to pull them out for the sale). He ended up with a 3.5 - 4.0 copy for $7.50 (he bought 3 westerns + AF #15 for $30).

If I found an Amazing Fantasy #15 at a yard sale for $5, I'd buy it and not look back.

Some of us are waiting for their ship to come in.

Peace,

Chip

Be careful. I had that happen with a collector friend two years ago, posted about it here, and had a lot of boardies slam him for not paying FMV even though the owner was likely going to toss the stacks of books in the garage out (they did not even bother to pull them out for the sale). He ended up with a 3.5 - 4.0 copy for $7.50 (he bought 3 westerns + AF #15 for $30).

You missed the 2 or 3 pages of threads last night that got poofed. They *did* slam me.

Peace,

Chip

I hit a couple of garage sales while running errands this morning and found the following:

Garage Sale #1 - 60 NM- or better books for $100.

He needed to sell the Battle Chasers run 15 years or more ago.....

GarageSale1-July262014bin_zps5c00bae4.jpg

61739f7a-c53a-45bb-aa2b-9c53a1800d8b_zps79d2e204.jpg

Edited by kimik

Garage Sale #2: 14 books for $20

Solid but nothing spectacular. I felt compelled to buy something since I spent the time going through the 4 long boxes of mostly Copper books. The owner wanted $300 for them all so I passed.

The GLs, New Teen Titans and Blue Beetle #1s are Canadian Newsstand variants.

GarageSale2-July262014_zps5d36d4ee.jpg

Edited by kimik

To get back on topic, I went to a garage sale this morning that had advertised comic books for sale. I ended up not buying any comics (just some Conans in the high 100s/low 200s) but I did pick up 17 different Marvel Legends action figures still new in the box complete with the accompanying comic. All for $3 each.

Which Marvel Legends did you find?

Peace,

Chip