• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
48 48

61,024 posts in this topic

And yes, the Westheimer Bedrock City store is incredible. I stopped by for the first time since they moved on Monday. Great store, great peeps...

I agree ... the store is awesome !!!

Although I travel to Houston frequently on business, I had never stopped by their shop on Westheimer but I was really impressed ... a class act for sure !!! I didn't get to meet Richard but really enjoyed chatting with Cmack ... first class guy. I'm going to try and stop in on a regular basis now. (thumbs u

Picked up a graphic novel run I have wanted for a long time. The complete series of Black Hole by Charles Burns, my absolute favorite graphic artist of all time. Hopefully I will have the privilege of owning a piece of original art by Mr. Burns at some point. His original work rarely comes up for sale, and what has come up recently got out of my budget very quickly.

Black Hole is a twelve-issue comic book limited series written and illustrated by Charles Burns and published first by Kitchen Sink Press and then Fantagraphics. It was released in collected form in 2005 by Pantheon Books.

The story deals with the aftermath of a sexually transmitted disease which causes grotesque mutations in teenagers.

It was published as a 12-issue comic book limited series between 1995 and 2005. The first four issues were released by Kitchen Sink Press; after Kitchen Sink went out of business, Fantagraphics republished the first four issues and the remaining eight. A compiled hardcover volume was released by Pantheon Books in 2005. This collected edition, however, lacks many pages that were included in the first publication- the ones that showed some characters' faces. These pages are considered by some critics to be essential.

IMG_20140721_193233_zps92857d66.jpg

IMG_20140721_193304_zps281d25eb.jpg

IMG_20140721_193348_zpsd37d30f7.jpg

great pick up. Burns' early work has really sky rocketed in value and that is if you can find anything for sale. Adam Baumgold has some periodical covers for sale at very reasonable prices but they are his later work and the only ones left are a bit too polished for my liking, and lack the impact of his stranger and less refined work.

my pompous 2c .

I read this series about a year ago. It took some time to get into it but after the 1st issues I couldn't stop till I read the entire run. Very nice!!!

And yes, the Westheimer Bedrock City store is incredible. I stopped by for the first time since they moved on Monday. Great store, great peeps...

Although I travel to Houston frequently on business, I had never stopped by their shop on Westheimer but I was really impressed ... a class act for sure !!! I didn't get to meet Richard but really enjoyed chatting with Cmack ... first class guy. I'm going to try and stop in on a regular basis now. (thumbs u

(thumbs u me too

Picked up this beautiful copy on CLINK recently. Sharp 6.5

14741294233_c73cb48db0_b.jpg

Very nice....yes....very very nice book :applause:

My gf surprised me with a copy of Birds of Prey #8. She's been to a few conventions with me and heard me mention the book a few times when looking at random modern wall books. It is one of the few cool Batman related books that I've never found in the wild.

aYFhF3Xl.png

That is so awesome,congrats. (worship) I have wanted one of these forever.

I've always wanted a Hulk #1 :baiting:

JK - thank you, when I first saw it at the LCS, I actually walked out without buying it. I called them 15 minutes later and told them I'd be back the next day for it.

I've told Chris to point me out to fellow Boardies, if I'm in the shop. I usually stop by a couple of times a week. Please say, "Hello!"