• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

There are too many star wars comics.

The money play is Marvel over Dark Horse.

The only way this works is if Marvel keep to a reasonable print run

and tell a good story to keep Star Wars fans happy (so that's this theory goosed then). That would be low supply large demand.

No-one wants a :

Deadpool vs Han Solo mini series

Death of Luke followed by the revelation that it was a clone that was killed.

Anakin becoming female

Chewbacca Scratch n sniff issues (ok thta's DC but....)

etc etc etc

and tell a good story to keep Star Wars fans happy (so that's this theory goosed then). That would be low supply large demand.

No-one wants a :

Anakin becoming female

etc etc etc

Sorry - I mean already printed Marvel Comics.

Star Ewoks, Marvel's Chaykin run. Thats where you should put your money 2c (if you want to speculate on star wars)

Its his only comic book appearance, and it amounts to an Elseworlds story. His character is mostly relegated to the books.

Elseworld stories - fictional tales of fictional characters that don't take place in continuity with other fictional tales. Pretty much all the Star Wars stories up until now outside the movies and the Clone Wars cartoons have been relegated to Elseworld stories (aka Legends.)

Good call on the SW Tales 19. I did notice the high priced one listed on eBay, but I took it as yet another high priced BIN comic on eBay which are very prevalent these days. It's funny because the rumor mill around Ben Skywalker have been going since last summer with different people playing the part (all too old IMHO.) I figured any rumors around Mara Jade Skywalker, Ben Skywalker, and the Solo twins (Jacen and Jaina) need to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Why are you asking me about SW Tales 19 and then telling me what it is?

Its a book from the Star Wars Tales run. Those books were never part of the Star Wars continuity. They were never canon, it has nothing to do with Disney recently relegating all of the non-movie properties to the Legends Universe.

They are the equivalent of campfire tales shared through holograms to characters within the Star Wars universe about characters within the Star Wars Universe. They aren't depicting an event or events in the SW realm as they happen, they are one person's account of a past event told to an audience within the SW realm. So things happen in them that never happened or didn't happen as told. Its like any other story that is passed by word of mouth, people omit some things and embellish others. Parts of these stories were canon before Disney's meddling, but they were never entirely canon.

No-one wants a :

Anakin becoming female

etc etc etc

I'm sure there will be a Deadpool variant for Star Wars #1.

Guaranteed.

Star Wars #1 50 Variant Covers Incoming.

:news: Siro123 Star wars #1 variant incoming limited to 2K.

Pre Order it NOW ! :banana:

Here is a Cover Preview !

siro123_zps4f86bf19.png

No-one wants a :

Anakin becoming female

etc etc etc

Star Ewoks, Marvel's Chaykin run. Thats where you should put your money 2c (if you want to speculate on star wars)

I really wouldn't disagree with this, but the are a few exceptions.

SW Purge, SW Tales 10(My personal fav) and a few others one shots from Dark Horse that hold their value over time either for the storyline or a 1st app.

An interesting argument might come over the 1st appearance of a character that appears in Dark Horse and the new Marvel Universe.

Its his only comic book appearance, and it amounts to an Elseworlds story. His character is mostly relegated to the books.

Elseworld stories - fictional tales of fictional characters that don't take place in continuity with other fictional tales. Pretty much all the Star Wars stories up until now outside the movies and the Clone Wars cartoons have been relegated to Elseworld stories (aka Legends.)

Good call on the SW Tales 19. I did notice the high priced one listed on eBay, but I took it as yet another high priced BIN comic on eBay which are very prevalent these days. It's funny because the rumor mill around Ben Skywalker have been going since last summer with different people playing the part (all too old IMHO.) I figured any rumors around Mara Jade Skywalker, Ben Skywalker, and the Solo twins (Jacen and Jaina) need to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Why are you asking me about SW Tales 19 and then telling me what it is?

Its a book from the Star Wars Tales run. Those books were never part of the Star Wars continuity. They were never canon, it has nothing to do with Disney recently relegating all of the non-movie properties to the Legends Universe.

They are the equivalent of campfire tales shared through holograms to characters within the Star Wars universe about characters within the Star Wars Universe. They aren't depicting an event or events in the SW realm as they happen, they are one person's account of a past event told to an audience within the SW realm. So things happen in them that never happened or didn't happen as told. Its like any other story that is passed by word of mouth, people omit some things and embellish others. Parts of these stories were canon before Disney's meddling, but they were never entirely canon.

What we are trying to tell you is that all the above doesn't matter, if he even appears in ANY of the new movies. The book will increase in value that's all that I meant earlier. So if you can pick up the book for $1 or 2 you can make a nice profit for the next couple of years. Its posted here because the book has started to heat up.

Edited by Fastballspecial

No-one wants a :

Anakin becoming female

etc etc etc

I really wouldn't disagree with this, but the are a few exceptions.

SW Purge, SW Tales 10(My personal fav) and a few others one shots from Dark Horse that hold their value over time either for the storyline or a 1st app.

An interesting argument might come over the 1st appearance of a character that appears in Dark Horse and the new Marvel Universe.

Personally I like Devilwords and the original books those stories were printed in.

Here are some others I would add:

Sergio Aragones Stomps Star Wars

Tag and Bink II 2 ( First Darth Plagueis )